Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02 sensor on a 1999 honda accord
Neal77 Offline

02 sensor on a 1999 honda accord
I am hoping Mike or someone can help me and tell me which o2 sensor I have. I went to Honda and the guy I know there couldn't tell me much of anything and we spent about 30 min trying to find this out.

So this is what I have. I have 4 wires on my o2 sensor. The wires coming into the connection that the o2 sensor connects to are black/white blue red and white and the readings i get off of them with the car running and warmed up is

White - 14.05
Red - 3.03
Blue - 2.74
Black/white 9.3 to 10.4 flucation very fast.

So what kind of sensor do I have and what is the best way to handle this?

On another note I just want to say thanks to everyone who posts here. I have learned so much just from you guys.

Thanks
Neal
07-02-2008 05:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 02 sensor on a 1999 honda accord
You have an AFR sensor there. The voltage levels confirm that. Don't use an EFIE on it.

Your best solution to leaning your mix for use with an HHO gen is covered in Tuning For Mileage. I would do the MAP (or MAF) and the CTS and IAT handlings described in there.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-02-2008 11:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nismotekk Offline

Mike- are you sure that is an AFR? I will check today. How are you getting those voltage readings? Are you back probing? I really dont think honda used AFRs until 2004, I could be wrong though. I will check the wiring diagram, and get back to you.-Chris
07-03-2008 04:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

nismotekk Wrote:Mike- are you sure that is an AFR? I will check today. How are you getting those voltage readings? Are you back probing? I really dont think honda used AFRs until 2004, I could be wrong though. I will check the wiring diagram, and get back to you.-Chris

I'm about as sure as I can be. AFRs use 2.8 and 3.3 volts (one of the other) as their reference voltage. There's no voltage that is consistent with a narrow band sensor. Why? What are you seeing that makes you think otherwise?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-04-2008 03:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply