Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'05 Silverado - Wasting my time?
kenny782 Offline

'05 Silverado - Wasting my time?
I've got an 05 chevy silverado 5.3L

I've been looking at HHO for at least 6 months now even tried a few sketches. Now I'm really getting ready to do something.

But from what I'm getting on this forum people seem to be having little to no luck with 2000+ GM trucks.
I found one guy that got 1MPG, the rest of the posts seem to be guys just getting nothing.

So I'm just wondering has anyone out there gotten some descent results on a recent GM truck? Or should I just save my money?

Thanks,

Kenny
06-20-2009 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jbalat Offline

RE: '05 Silverado - Wasting my time?
I have had no improvements on my 1994 3.0L V6 Pajero (Montero) and Ive tried almost everything..Still persisting.

The learning experience has been great.. and if you like tinkering there is no better project and always great topic for coversation.

Overall I'm still glad that Ive tried and failed many times over rather than having not tried at all.
06-21-2009 03:21 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

How about the cash for clunkers? Big Grin

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
06-21-2009 06:04 AM
kenny782 Offline

Pajero, I had to look that one up, sounded like something from taco bell.
just kidding lol Smile

thanks for the feedback.
I like projects like this tinker around but at the same time I'd like to see someone who got some results on a similar truck.
06-21-2009 05:53 PM
ptours99 Offline

(06-21-2009 05:53 PM)kenny782 Wrote:  Pajero, I had to look that one up, sounded like something from taco bell.
just kidding lol Smile

thanks for the feedback.
I like projects like this tinker around but at the same time I'd like to see someone who got some results on a similar truck.

what type of gen are you thinking about,cuz your 5.3 is going to need a lpm for every litre of motor.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
06-22-2009 03:18 PM
kenny782 Offline

I'm looking at some of the newer dry cell units I've seen lately. At least new to me lol

Both are just a bunch of plates sandwiched between some heavy plexi or lexar. And some seals keeping em a 16th apart.

I've seen two variants one using O-ring type seals the plates themselves only have a few bolts going through.

Then I seen one with larger square seals and the plates bolted through all the way around. Bouncing around in my truck I much prefer option 2 lol

So anyway I figured maybe I'd start with 20 plates in a 6x6 configuration. Or maybe 2 separate generates using smaller plates, 4x4 or something.

Kenny
06-22-2009 08:45 PM
ptours99 Offline

kenny, you'll need 2 gens that you mentioned 6x6-21plate to get close to 5lpm.start the electrlyte at 20%by weight and work it up towards 28% but not over that.you'll have to staRT at that level cuz of the efficientcy,lower concentrations will take to long to get to good rate of production.these type units will take a long time to get it up if you make 30-45 min trips you'll need good concentrations of mix.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
06-23-2009 12:41 PM
kenny782 Offline

I've seen a few people using small water pumps conjunction with this type of cell to increase circulation, but most aren't.
Do you think that get production up any faster or just skip it?

I can do this with a single unit serving as reservoir and bubbler unit and then a final bubbler before getting into the air intake right?
Is anyone using vinegar in the final bubbler? I was just reading about that in the last few days. To stop any residual KOH from getting into the engine. Though it makes me wonders what else would get in from the vinegar lol
if I went with the pump and i get some results...

I've also been toying with the idea of later on making up some kind of aluminum unit that I'd mount behind the grill.
Basically act as a heatsink or radiator for the gas before it enters the engine.
Everyone makes a big deal out of cold air intakes, why not cold hydrogen LOL
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2009 01:13 PM by kenny782.)
06-23-2009 01:09 PM
bsmart Offline

(06-23-2009 01:09 PM)kenny782 Wrote:  I've seen a few people using small water pumps conjunction with this type of cell to increase circulation, but most aren't.
Do you think that get production up any faster or just skip it?

I can do this with a single unit serving as reservoir and bubbler unit and then a final bubbler before getting into the air intake right?
Is anyone using vinegar in the final bubbler? I was just reading about that in the last few days. To stop any residual KOH from getting into the engine. Though it makes me wonders what else would get in from the vinegar lol
if I went with the pump and i get some results...

I've also been toying with the idea of later on making up some kind of aluminum unit that I'd mount behind the grill.
Basically act as a heatsink or radiator for the gas before it enters the engine.
Everyone makes a big deal out of cold air intakes, why not cold hydrogen LOL

Let me suggest.........a friend of mine who has a late model Chevy truck has good success improving his mpg's by adding Acetone to his fuel tank. It is easy to do, and requires just a little care, so you don't spill it on any painted surfaces. Using 100% pure Acetone, he has gained about 3 mpg's. He only puts about 2 - 3 oz./ 10 gal. of gas.
There are links on this website to very good discussions about using Acetone as a fuel additive. It is quite beneficial for some makes of vehicles.
06-24-2009 09:11 AM
kenny782 Offline

(06-24-2009 09:11 AM)bsmart Wrote:  Let me suggest.........a friend of mine who has a late model Chevy truck has good success improving his mpg's by adding Acetone to his fuel tank. It is easy to do, and requires just a little care, so you don't spill it on any painted surfaces. Using 100% pure Acetone, he has gained about 3 mpg's. He only puts about 2 - 3 oz./ 10 gal. of gas.
There are links on this website to very good discussions about using Acetone as a fuel additive. It is quite beneficial for some makes of vehicles.

What about his seals? I read that it can dissolve certain types of seals.
Either synthetic or non-synthetic I forget which.

Thanks,

Kenny
06-24-2009 09:52 AM