Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'05 ranger results
MaxBruce Offline

'05 ranger results
Hi all, I have an '05 ford Ranger Edge. 3.0 L engine, auto, 4.10 gears 2 wheel drive, Tow package (affects trans and fuel from engine CPU)

My installation is a
1. Smack's booster and Bubbler, one way valve )prevent flashback)
2. Booster circuitry (including safeties for no engine running)
3. Dual EFIE board from Mike here.
pics here:
http://tech.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/wa...rowse/2225

My base mileage in this truck is 19.88 MPG.

MY Smack's booster puts out 1.2L/min. cold (ambient temp ~65-80 degF)

I have tried seveal EFIE type devices copied from several places on the net. to no avail. I think I ordered Mike's EFIE after REV. 12 of my own devices.Crazy I was able to get a 27% increase on one of my revisions, but was unable to maintain my 200mV gain to O2 sensors. Sad
SO I was being penny wise and pound foolish. I Ordered Mike's EFIE board, his build principle is different than any I tried.
I got it yesterday and played with it on the bench last night, to get it set up for a 200mV add to each O2 Sensor.
I installed it today and monitored the engine and O2 sensors with VOM's and CANOBD II devices And Exhaust temp.
I Made another road test, similar to the 30 or so I have made before.

Same pump, same 87 octane, same road course.

OK
This run booster and Mike's dual EFIE on
52.9 miles/1.77 gal. gas= 29.887 MPG
my base MPG (stock vehicle) = 19.88 MPG
so
29.88/19.88= 1.503
that means a 50% increase in MPG
50% .........50%.......... repeat 50%

I am very pleased with Mike's product.
I bought mine just like everyone else... I do not know him personally. I live in Indiana and he lives out west (??? i forget)

I know that this is a very small mileages sample. BUT I have ran 20 or 40 of them using the same pump and same circuits, one short 22.6 miles and one long 52.9 miles, and just daily driving.
A 50% increase is VERY SIGNIFICANT, but this is just preliminary results. Longer testing is in order. (I can't afford to just drive 1000's of miles for testing). Now for daily driving to use in long term testing.

Am I happy ????????????

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
MaxB
ps. Mike Thank You for a good Product.
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2008 03:53 PM by MaxBruce.)
05-23-2008 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: '05 ranger results
Hey, fantastic!! Congratulations. Are you running the Smack booster at the full 20 amps? Did you build it yourself or buy it from him?

MaxBruce Wrote:Hi all, I have an '05 ford Ranger Edge. 3.0 L engine, auto, 4.10 gears 2 wheel drive, Tow package (affects trans and fuel from engine CPU)

My installation is a
pics here:

I have tried seveal EFIE type devices copied from several places on the net. to no avail. I think I ordered Mike's EFIE after REV. 12 of my own devices.Crazy I was able to get a 27% increase on one of my revisions, but was unable to maintain my 200mV gain to O2 sensors. Sad
SO I was being penny wise and pound foolish. I Ordered Mike's EFIE board, his build principle is different than any I tried.
I got it yesterday and played with it on the bench last night, to get it set up for a 200mV add to each O2 Sensor.
I installed it today and monitored the engine and O2 sensors with VOM's and CANOBD II devices And Exhaust temp.

OK
so
29.88/19.88= 1.503

I bought mine just like everyone else... I do not know him personally. I live in Indiana and he lives out west (??? i forget)

I know that this is a very small mileages sample. BUT I have ran 20 or 40 of them using the same pump and same circuits, one short 22.6 miles and one long 52.9 miles, and just daily driving.
A 50% increase is VERY SIGNIFICANT, but this is just preliminary results. Longer testing is in order. (I can't afford to just drive 1000's of miles for testing). Now for daily driving to use in long term testing.

Am I happy ????????????

MaxB
05-24-2008 01:08 AM
MaxBruce Offline

I don't know full running amps but cold it pulled 10 amps. From past tests I think it's about 17 amps when warmed up to 130 deg F. I ordered a new shunt and meter don't have it yet.
I built my smack's booster myself from his free plans.
MaxB
05-24-2008 04:18 AM
S10 Hybrid Offline

MaxBruce Wrote:Hi all, I have an '05 ford Ranger Edge. 3.0 L engine, auto, 4.10 gears 2 wheel drive, Tow package (affects trans and fuel from engine CPU)

My installation is a
pics here:

OK
so
29.88/19.88= 1.503

Am I happy ????????????

MaxB

We have another WINNER!!! Congrats to you!!!

eddie b.
05-25-2008 11:32 AM