Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06 Durango and downstream o2 voltage
Dave_GB Offline

06 Durango and downstream o2 voltage
I'm getting 2.65 to 2.52 mv on my downstream sensor. Having said that, I was getting the .1 to .9 mv on my upstream sensor. Do I need to set the Quad Dig EFIE to Basic or OFF?

What is ment by the 'sig low' wire in the instruction quote below?

Thanks
David

Note: Chrysler vehicles have been known to put 2.5 volts on the sensor's "sig low" wire. This raises the signal high wire by 2.5 volts. Instead of seeing 0 to 1 volt you'll see 2.5 to 3.5 volts on the signal wire. If you find you have one of these, you will need to put the switch in the "off" position on our Quad Digital EFIE Basic. That makes the EFIE work in the 2.5 volt range of these Dodge/Chrysler systems. In this case, all of the instructions below for your digital EFIEs should have 2.5 volts added to the voltages given in the instructions.
04-06-2011 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 06 Durango and downstream o2 voltage
Sig low is signal ground. That's the wire that the computer uses for "0" volts. The computer puts 2.5 volts on "sig low", then the sensor will return 2.7 volts (for instance) on "sig high". The computer will read that as .2 volts.

I've never heard of using the higher voltage on the rear sensors but using the lower voltage on the front sensors. If you are very sure you have the correct wires, and have read your voltages correctly, then set the EFIE switch to the "on" position. Its only the upstream (digital) EFIEs that require that switch. The downstream (analog) EFIEs will work correctly in either position.

Make sure that when you measure the upstream signal wire that you use a good ground, like the battery minus terminal. Don't use the upstream sensor's "sig low" wire. Use the battery. If you still see voltages between 0 and 1 volt, then set the EFIE for the normal, low voltage, operation.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-06-2011 04:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dave_GB Offline

Ok thanks. I had to wrap it up due to darkness. I'm going to leave the rear sensors not hooked up to the Quad for now and do a mileage test. If I don't get any increase in mpg, I'll hook up the rear sensors.

I'll report my findings after testing.

Thanks
David
04-06-2011 05:48 PM
Dave_GB Offline

Wink RE: 06 Durango and downstream o2 voltage
Had to turn off Quad EFIE Basic on the 06 Durango. Works good now. Why is the first time always such a Bit**?!!!
When I had the PCM connectors disected, hooked up the two downstream o2 sensors as well.

PS, I hate my craftsmen voltage meter!!!
Good luck to those who follow in my tracks!
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 04:35 PM by Dave_GB.)
04-08-2011 04:32 PM
mike Offline

That Dodge will need it's downstream EFIEs connected. You may have had the settings of the EFIE way out of whack, or possibly you were connected to the wrong wire. But Dodges definitely work best when all sensors are connected to the EFIE.

Visit Our Documents Page
04-08-2011 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dave_GB Offline

Checked the voltage as follows:
Front O2 sensors @ 2.7 volts
Back O2 Sensors @ 153 mv

Adjusted the back sensors to 200mv. Will do testing to see if milage change.

I'm curious, in the documentation I read the voltage for the fronts sensors should be between 2.5 and 3.5 volts.

None dodge vehicles would be 0 to .45 and set at .35 according to the documentation.

What would the optimum voltage be of the front senors of the Durango?

Thanks
Dave
04-30-2011 03:31 PM
mike Offline

I don't understand the following sentence:

Quote:None dodge vehicles would be 0 to .45 and set at .35 according to the documentation.

It seems like you're saying that all Dodge oxygen sensors are between 2.5 and 3.5 volts. That's not the case. In fact most are between 0 and 1 volt like other narrow band sensors.

Visit Our Documents Page
05-14-2011 08:05 AM