Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06 Sonata O2 wire testing question
romulus Offline

06 Sonata O2 wire testing question
Sorry if I am being redundent. If I am testing for the signal wire on an O2 sensor I am looking for fluctuating voltage between .2v and .9v. What is the voltage I am looking for if I suspect that I have an AF sensor? Also, Mike if you are reading this, I have read your instructions on tuning for milage. In this article you mention you cant use your Duel EFIE with this type of sensor. You also state that you can use a low voltage resistor inline with the signal wire of an AF sensor to adjust these sensors. Is a 20 OHM reostat the same thing as the low voltage resistor you refer too in your article? Thanks.
07-17-2008 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: 06 Sonata O2 wire testing question
If you already have started a thread, why start a new one? Then we have to figure out we've said and recommended for you all over again. Hmm

Check out the o2 sensor docs in my Documents link. It'll tell you what you need to know to determine your sensor type.

You'll find one wire with 0-1 volts or two with about 3 volts.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-17-2008 04:46 PM
romulus Offline

colchiro Wrote:If you already have started a thread, why start a new one? Then we have to figure out we've said and recommended for you all over again. Hmm

Check out the o2 sensor docs in my Documents link. It'll tell you what you need to know to determine your sensor type.

You'll find one wire with 0-1 volts or two with about 3 volts.

Sorry to piss you off but I didnt start a tread with this question before. I had read this topic somewhere and could not find the answer so I asked. Thank you for your response, I will look in your link.
07-17-2008 05:20 PM
colchiro Offline

romulus Wrote:Sorry to piss you off but I didnt start a tread with this question before. I had read this topic somewhere and could not find the answer so I asked. Thank you for your response, I will look in your link.

If I was upset, I wouldn't have replied. I'm just saying it's best to keep all your stuff together.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-17-2008 06:00 PM
romulus Offline

colchiro Wrote:
romulus Wrote:Sorry to piss you off but I didnt start a tread with this question before. I had read this topic somewhere and could not find the answer so I asked. Thank you for your response, I will look in your link.
Thanks again I just read so much on this post I cant remember where everything is. By the way, if I do have an AF sensor, radio shack has a 25 OHM REOSTAT and say its the same as a 25 OHM low value resistor. Is this what I need to Tune for Milage for my AF sensor?
If I was upset, I wouldn't have replied. I'm just saying it's best to keep all your stuff together.
07-17-2008 07:04 PM
colchiro Offline

romulus Wrote:Thanks again I just read so much on this post I cant remember where everything is. By the way, if I do have an AF sensor, radio shack has a 25 OHM REOSTAT and say its the same as a 25 OHM low value resistor. Is this what I need to Tune for Milage for my AF sensor?

The 25 ohm resistor is old news and several of us have found out it doesn't work. That document wasn't written by our Mike, but another guy. We should have our Mike add a disclaimer to that part.

Rick

07-17-2008 07:26 PM
mtthhrs Offline

romulus Wrote:Sorry if I am being redundent. If I am testing for the signal wire on an O2 sensor I am looking for fluctuating voltage between .2v and .9v. What is the voltage I am looking for if I suspect that I have an AF sensor? Also, Mike if you are reading this, I have read your instructions on tuning for milage. In this article you mention you cant use your Duel EFIE with this type of sensor. You also state that you can use a low voltage resistor inline with the signal wire of an AF sensor to adjust these sensors. Is a 20 OHM reostat the same thing as the low voltage resistor you refer too in your article? Thanks.

One way you can tell what kinda sensor you have is check the emissions label underneath the hood it tells you what kind of pre and post cat sensors you have. I have a nissan titan with 5 wire afr sensors. I figured out how to hook the efie up to my 5 wire afr sensors but haven't heard of anyone using it on a 4 wire afr sensor.

Matt
07-18-2008 02:21 AM