Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07 colorado 2.9 L
stevea Offline

07 colorado 2.9 L
I have just installed the unit in my colorado and have an issue with the EFIE unit. I destroyed the first one as I adjusted the EFIE to many times. I just installed the second one and have the same issue as before. That is when I turn the unit on I only get a .055mv reading. I have adjusted the pot adjuster three turns and still no increase in voltage. Before I adjust it anymore does anyone have an idea as to why I can not adjust to .200mv?
07-07-2008 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 07 colorado 2.9 L
Wow, I'm not liking the sound of that!

Please send the unit to me at:

FuelSaver-MPG
PO Box 181
Tolovana Park, OR 97145

I suspect that it's not an adjustment problem but a mis-wiring issue. If you put power to the outputs of the EFIE you can blow the output capacitor and that would cause you to get no voltage despite adjustments. But that's a guess at this point.

I can only tell by having the unit sent in. If you had 2 of my units, send them both in. I'll make both of them right again. And I should be able to find out what's going wrong with them so you can avoid getting the same result in the future.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-08-2008 09:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevea Offline

I have ordered pot adjusters for them and will send in one of the units, however I will install new pot adjuster in the one I over adjusted and see if that fixes it. I did double check to make sure I was hooking up right and that I hooked to the signal wire of the oxgen sensor.
Have 4 wire, 2 white, one black and one blue which is the signal wire.
07-08-2008 02:31 PM
stevea Offline

Have replaced new pot adjuster and the unit seems to be working ok, still have big swings in voltage though. At start up it will go to about .305 then strt coming down to around .210 or so. Want to get to around .250 but when I do get it there it only stays there for a couple of days then starts going higher to around .350 so I have to readjust to get it back down to around .250. Any clue as to why this is happening.
Use 1/4 teaspoon of B/S.
07-20-2008 10:28 AM
mike Offline

Stevea,

Please take the following measurement:

With the engine running and warmed up slightly, and your multi-meter set on volts (2 volts if it's not auto-ranging), measure between the black test port of the EFIE and ground. Put the red lead in the black test port. This voltage should be rapidly changing, and you shouldn't be able to get a reading. But you should be able to see the highs and lows as they flash across your screen. Please tell me the range of those voltages.

Please email me at efie_support@fuelsaver-mpg.com when you're done, so I quickly get back to this thread.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-20-2008 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply