Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07 focus, downstream??
bdancik Offline

07 focus, downstream??
I acquired a wiring diagram on my 07 ford focus, and it appears as if the downstream o2 sensors contols the air fuel ratio, is this possible??

Brian
07-03-2008 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 07 focus, downstream??
Let's be clear on the definition of "downstream sensor". Do you mean downstream from the catalytic converter? If so, then no, there's no way.

I have seen a setup where there were 2 sensors upstream of the cat, and the downstream of those two sensors was used by the ECU for AFR calcs. But it was still upstream from the cat.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-04-2008 08:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

The sensors closest to the engine (between the cat and engine) determine the mix.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-04-2008 09:28 AM
tooler1988 Offline

colchiro Wrote:The sensors closest to the engine (between the cat and engine) determine the mix.
What happens in the case of having two Cat's? I am assuming That the sensor before the first and befort the second are what I need to work with? Is that correct?

Thanks
Tooler
07-04-2008 09:30 AM
colchiro Offline

Yes, you'd need a double EFIE (or two single EFIE's) then, (assuming you have an o2 sensor and not an air-fuel sensor or wide band sensor, which may not be compatible).

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-04-2008 10:43 AM
maxc Offline

Hi all, I have listen too all of the HAFC hot lines. From 2004 and up alot of the computars are looking at the rear 02's to adjust fuel trims. There putting 4 ohm resisters on the ground signal wires on some. http://installersupport.info/teleconference.htm
07-04-2008 03:42 PM
bdancik Offline

If someone has a fax, i'd gladly send the docs I have to you. I'd be more then happy to get a second opinion.
07-04-2008 07:03 PM
nismotekk Offline

bdancik Wrote:If someone has a fax, i'd gladly send the docs I have to you. I'd be more then happy to get a second opinion.

I dont believe the rear o2 is controlling the A/F ratio, but it is entirely possible that the ECU is collecting the data from the rear o2 and making minute emission adjustments. I have seen it, nissan does it. Your ECU still uses the front sensor, be it o2 or AFR to calculate A/F ratio. I will see if I can pull up alldata on my home computer and get back with you.
07-06-2008 01:02 PM