Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07 rav4 O2 Simulator
jevans106 Offline

07 rav4 O2 Simulator
Greetings,
Is there a O2 Simulator that will work on a 07 rav4 with a wiring harness available so you can just plug it in?
What is the wiring codes if someone has already done this?
I am getting ready to install a hydrogen conversion kit so I would like to cut back on the fuel.
Thanks,
Justin Gasp
07-02-2008 04:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: 07 rav4 O2 Simulator
Hi Justin.
What you are referring to is called an EFIE and we're working on a solution for the Toyota air-fuel sensor, which is a bit different from the conventional o2 sensor (narrow band).

Your best bet is to adjust the mixture with your MAF (mass air flow sensor) and add resistors to your IAT and CTS (intake air and coolant temp sensors), all done by soldering resistors to your sensors. Nothing is available that you can just plug in (that I'm aware of).

Check out my Tuning for Mileage link.

What kit did you order?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-02-2008 04:45 AM
jevans106 Offline

colchiro Wrote:Hi Justin.
What you are referring to is called an EFIE and we're working on a solution for the Toyota air-fuel sensor, which is a bit different from the conventional o2 sensor (narrow band).

Your best bet is to adjust the mixture with your MAF (mass air flow sensor) and add resistors to your IAT and CTS (intake air and coolant temp sensors), all done by soldering resistors to your sensors. Nothing is available that you can just plug in (that I'm aware of).

Check out my Tuning for Mileage link.

What kit did you order?

Thanks for the post. The kit I ordered is from http://www.iuseh20.com.
What size resistor do I use and where do I install it?
Have no clue,
thanks;
justinBig Grin
07-02-2008 05:16 AM
colchiro Offline

I uploaded plans to build a MAF sensor mod. It's in my Toyota Sensors link. The picture isn't the best, but it makes sense after you read through it a few times.

While you're picking up parts, get a few 10k 5 watt resistors. You can use them later to mod your temp sensors.

You have the 4 or 6 cyl engine?

Sounds like you ordered the MagDrive gen. You should be able to search for MagDrive and find others with that unit.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-02-2008 03:13 PM
jevans106 Offline

colchiro Wrote:I uploaded plans to build a MAF sensor mod. It's in my Toyota Sensors link. The picture isn't the best, but it makes sense after you read through it a few times.

While you're picking up parts, get a few 10k 5 watt resistors. You can use them later to mod your temp sensors.

You have the 4 or 6 cyl engine?

Sounds like you ordered the MagDrive gen. You should be able to search for MagDrive and find others with that unit.

Thanks for the info,
I have a 6 clyn 4x4.
jusitn
07-02-2008 04:49 PM