Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
'08 F150 O2 wire indentification??
originalmazdawg Offline

'08 F150 O2 wire indentification??
I am installing an EFIE unit in an 08 F150 w/ a 5.4. I have so far been unable to locate the wires from the O2 sensor. The sensor itself has 4 wires, two grey and two white. Even if I probed those, it wouldn't be of any help to me because the colors don't match up to the harness, they change as soon as the enter the harness to the colors that they are all the way up to the PCM. Unfortunately for me, I cannot reach the harness where the O2 pigtail connects behind the cylinder heads. I have looked around for "free" wiring diagrams, including autozone as suggested in the instructions and have found nothing. The customer doesn't really want to buy a dealer only service manual with the information that I need to complete the installation, I don't blame them, I don't want to pay for it either. I was hoping that someone on this WONDERFUL forum has already done this on this particular vehicle or has access to the diagrams or schematics I need to find the wire color and pin location of the two last wires I need to complete this installation. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks in advance...
10-27-2008 05:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
midnight1957 Offline

RE: '08 F150 O2 wire indentification??
Originalrazdawg, go to Ford Truck Enthusiasts, register, then list, and click 2004-2008 F150.
There are a lot of pretty sharp Ford truck people on there and someone will be able to answer your question. Be aware that as on any forum there are a few smart alecks.
What ever you do DON'T tell them why you are inquring, they are against hho.

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade
10-27-2008 06:06 PM
colchiro Offline

Or email Bruce here: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=2065 and get a wiring diagram for you vehicle (and make sure you can use a efie since you might have a wide band o2 sensor).

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
10-27-2008 07:32 PM
originalmazdawg Offline

midnight1957 Wrote:Originalrazdawg, go to Ford Truck Enthusiasts, register, then list, and click 2004-2008 F150.
There are a lot of pretty sharp Ford truck people on there and someone will be able to answer your question. Be aware that as on any forum there are a few smart alecks.
What ever you do DON'T tell them why you are inquring, they are against hho.

Thanks and have a Blessed day,
Wade

fordtruckenthusiasts.com?? or what? And why would they be against HHO to begin with? More efficiency equals more power right? (or no?) Correct me if I'm wrong, but let's say for instance that I was trying to "hook-up" twin air fuel ratio gauges, one for each bank, I would need to find the signal wires from the o2's, right?

colchiro Wrote:Or email Bruce here: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=2065 and get a wiring diagram for you vehicle (and make sure you can use a efie since you might have a wide band o2 sensor).

It's a four wire sensor. I have read here that wide-bands USUALLY have five wires... I finished an install on a '08 F250 recently w/ the 5.4L gas. It had the same four wires, two grey and two white...
10-28-2008 05:35 AM
colchiro Offline

The air-fuel sensor found in Toyota, Lexus and Honda is wideband and 4 wires. I can't tell you what other vehicles may have a similar type.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2008 02:22 PM by colchiro.)
10-28-2008 02:21 PM
tonyc860 Offline

I'm not sure if this would be helpful or not. I did install direct to my 2005 f150. If you search "2005 f150 triton" you will see my specific instructions on how I did it. Maybe the harnesses and wire colors are the same at the pin# locations I specify. If so, I would call the dealer and ask them if the harnesses are the same as the 2005 and it'll work.

I got my info at Alldatadiy. It was 26.00 for the year subscription to the service manual. it was very thorough.

maybe it will help.

Tony
2003 Volvo v70 2.5L turbo
2006 Hyundai Sonata 3.3L v6
2005 F150 4.6 ltr-No longer Thank God!Smile
10-28-2008 02:59 PM
JET USA Offline

Hi. I will try to post something you can use . I do not know if the o2 sensor on chrysler products is similar or not. HERE IS WHAT i got.
this is for a dodge year 93 caravan. 3.3 ltr v6
The o2 sensor wiring diagram. I'll see if i can upload the drawing image.

If you can get to the wires on the sensor to probe [with you meter], check to see if the voltage is under 1 volt and positive. Two wires will be a ground one will be 12 volts for the heater element. One will be the signal wire. Typically the signal is constantly changing from 0 volt to 1 volt [while the engine is running]. The computer ramps the voltage rapidly up and down. The output of the o2 sensor may be supplimented or added to by the efie to present a lower threshold voltage for the computer to see.

Example: If the o2 signal at one instant is 0.300 volts and the fixed efie signal is 0.200 volts then the sum seen by the computer will be 0.500 or seen as a normal 14.1 to 1 air fuel mixture. If the computer sees the low signal caused by hho burn then it compensates by dumping more fuel into the injectors.

http://Jet-USA.com
"Those who say" " It cannot be done"
"should get out of the way of those who are doing it"[/size][/align]
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2008 03:47 PM by JET USA.)
10-28-2008 03:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

If you haven't got the data you need yet, as colchiro said, email Bruce here: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=2065

Be sure to give your make/model/year and engine size. He can give you your wiring diagram with the wire colors you need.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
10-31-2008 01:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply