Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1.5v Upstream Sensor in Nissan Frontier
Mcox24 Offline

RE: 1.5v Upstream Sensor in Nissan Frontier
(01-08-2010 11:55 AM)Mik3h Wrote:  Yeah, I tried expanding the files I left on the site and they are kind of hard to read as they get fuzzy. Anything else I leave will be better quality if you don't have a document size limitation.
My Dual Wide Band EFIE Basic is connected to the AF+1 and AF+2 lines, the Org and Brn ones. I'll double check that.
The only thing I've seen on HOH volume needed was on a blog here where someone said a minimum was 1/2 L/min per L of engine size. I don't remember the max stated, the paperwork is at home.
Therefore, I guess for a 4L I need a dry cell to get 2 L/m output.
I'll research more on the W4G Jars using NaOH or KOH to keep it away from boiling at higher outputs.
BTW readers-note in post #5 above that the statement "The data pages describe p35 and 16 as the signal lines varying around 1.8vdc with the A/F ratio, and state p56 and p75 are at approx. 2.2vdc." has the voltage values reversed from what I actually measured. The signal lines are the ones labeled that, but the + signal line has the 2.2vdc and the - line has the 1.8vdc

Hi, I also have a Nissan Frontier 2008 and assuming it is the same as yours I was wandering if you could tell me in English the exact O2 sensor wires you connected your EFIE to. Read your back and fourth talk with Mike and is very technical. I'm not a mechanic and can't find one to do the work, none that I talked to believes that the system will work and will not do the install for me. Mike suggested I do the work myself...OH boy........LOL

By reading your posts: A/F sensor 1 bank 1 is the orange wire and A/F sensor 1 bank 2 is the brown wire? What wire did you hook into for the downstream sensors? The same color wires? Did you get everything hooked up and running ok....results? You stopped posting..........any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcox24
09-07-2010 11:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

You might want to check out the wiring diagram for your vehicle. You can find out how to get one here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/store/wiring-diagrams

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
09-09-2010 04:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mcox24 Offline

Yes, I already have the wiring dia. from your site, it gives me different color wires then what Mik3h said he has on his Frontier and because our trucks are only one year apart I thought he could just tell me what wires he tapped in to. I don't know what color wires are on the o2 sensors on my truck, not ready to hook up yet and haven't looked. They might be the same as the wiring dia on your site. I wish I could just find a mechanic to do it and I wouldn't have to worry about getting it hooked up myself, out of the three mechanics I talked to two of them said HHO gens don't work and one of them said it's a gimmick. I know their wrong. Mik3h stopped posting, I was wandering how he's doing with his setup.
I Keep hearing about people wrapping their O2 sensors in tinfoil, can't seem to find the thread on why to learn more about it.

Mike C.
09-10-2010 03:00 AM
mike Offline

Regarding the tinfoil. That actually just doesn't work. I don't know if there's a specific thread, but you could search on it. Its definitely come up here at this forum. However, I haven't heard a word about it for years now. It's pretty well known by everyone that it just doesn't work.

As for doing the install yourself, I think you are selling yourself short. I think once you get your nose in there and confront those wires, you'll find its easier than you think. Same for the HHO unit.

Visit Our Documents Page
09-10-2010 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mcox24 Offline

Thanks Mike and sorry about the tinfoil question...LOL... I must have been reading an older forum thread and didn't realize it. I think I can hook up the HHO cell, just worried about the O2 sensors but I may have found a mechanic that's already installed several HHO kits already but haven't talked to him directly, he's a friend of a friend of someone I work with. He's about 50 to 60 miles away. I told his friend I wanted to get everything installed and then if I need help he can do the electric hook up for it, what a relief...........

The person I talked to said he knew about these systems and it sure was nice to talk with someone local that didn't respond to what I was saying like I was some kind of nut case.......LOL

Thanks again and I'll keep you up to date on my progress.

Mike
09-10-2010 04:42 PM
mike Offline

Ok, that's good news. Having some help available should help your confidence to do some of the work yourself. Keep us posted on your results.

Visit Our Documents Page
09-11-2010 08:06 PM