Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
$1 Million Prize for 25% Mileage-Boosting Hyd
studebaker Offline

$1 Million Prize for 25% Mileage-Boosting Hyd
$1 Million Prize for 25% Mileage-Boosting Hydroxy Generator
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:%..._Generator

Quote: Rules

* The car will be tuned, checked and prepared by an authorized dealer for the make and model concerned and driven for a month in typical freeway and around-town conditions. The fuel consumption and distance covered will be used to calculate a base-line "real-world" mpg figure.

* It will also be submitted to an independent university for testing and establishing a base-line laboratory fuel-consumption figure.

* It will then be fitted with the HHO system and re-tested by the university.

* For a six month period, it will be driven on the highway and around town, with careful track kept of the distance covered and the gasoline used to fill its tank.

* At one month intervals it will be re-tested by the university to provide a spot-comparison with the baseline figures.

* At the end of six months, the total mileage and fuel consumed will be calculated to provide a "real world" fuel-efficiency figure.

* If either the lab figures or the real-world figures show a 25% or more improvement in fuel efficiency for the six month period after the fitting of the HHO system, the engine will be torn down and examined for any damage that could be produced by an excessively lean-burn.

* Any system that fails emissions tests as a result of the addition of the HHO system will be disqualified from the challenge.

* If it is given a clean bill of health, the $1 million will be paid.

* In the event of more than one challenger reaching or breaching the 25% improvement figure, the one who provides the greatest savings will be deemed the winner and receive the $1m.

* Those wishing to enter the challenge will have to pay a US $5,000 entry fee, which is obviously pocket-change compared to the $1m that is on offer and will cover the costs associated with running the challenge.

Conditions

Fit an HHO system to a late model car (already in good condition and tune) so that a consistent 25% or greater improvement in fuel economy is obtained and maintained for six months, without causing any damage to the engine.
Anyone up for this?
10-29-2008 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

RE: $1 Million Prize for 25% Mileage-Boosting Hyd
studebaker Wrote:$1 Million Prize for 25% Mileage-Boosting Hydroxy Generator
http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:%..._Generator

Quote: Rules

* The car will be tuned, checked and prepared by an authorized dealer for the make and model concerned and driven for a month in typical freeway and around-town conditions. The fuel consumption and distance covered will be used to calculate a base-line "real-world" mpg figure.

* It will also be submitted to an independent university for testing and establishing a base-line laboratory fuel-consumption figure.

* It will then be fitted with the HHO system and re-tested by the university.

* For a six month period, it will be driven on the highway and around town, with careful track kept of the distance covered and the gasoline used to fill its tank.

* At one month intervals it will be re-tested by the university to provide a spot-comparison with the baseline figures.

* At the end of six months, the total mileage and fuel consumed will be calculated to provide a "real world" fuel-efficiency figure.

* If either the lab figures or the real-world figures show a 25% or more improvement in fuel efficiency for the six month period after the fitting of the HHO system, the engine will be torn down and examined for any damage that could be produced by an excessively lean-burn.

* Any system that fails emissions tests as a result of the addition of the HHO system will be disqualified from the challenge.

* If it is given a clean bill of health, the $1 million will be paid.

* In the event of more than one challenger reaching or breaching the 25% improvement figure, the one who provides the greatest savings will be deemed the winner and receive the $1m.

* Those wishing to enter the challenge will have to pay a US $5,000 entry fee, which is obviously pocket-change compared to the $1m that is on offer and will cover the costs associated with running the challenge.

Conditions

Fit an HHO system to a late model car (already in good condition and tune) so that a consistent 25% or greater improvement in fuel economy is obtained and maintained for six months, without causing any damage to the engine.
Anyone up for this?

I would enter if:
- The 1 mil be legally secured and bound in a contract recognized here in the states (not that New Zealand scam going around).
- Mileage be calculated on a dynometer (not on a 6 month trial basis) which will be monitored by 3 non-biased, third-party mechanics and video surveillance.
- No tune up. Mileage testing can be done without any generators or HHO present, an then directly with the HHO present. A tune up may fix whatever's wrong with my vehicle and ruin the results. I'm sure that a minimal 50 MPG well exceeds 25% of the best calculated fuel economy of my model vehicle.
- An emissions test has nothing to do with a 25% mileage increase. I would not agree to it on that basis and on the account that my vehicle probably has terrible emissions since there is no CC present.

The point of the contest is to disprove that HHO injection has any substantial effect on gas mileage, correct? Then the above terms as I stated should be no problem.
10-29-2008 04:07 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

And yes, if the above terms were met and I had legally binding confirmation that I would receive the 1 Mil in full upon documentation of a 25% increase with HHO injection only .. then I would gladly put up 5 grand.
10-29-2008 04:10 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Wow, sounds like my current situation. I know I've been away from the forums for a while, I've had a lot going on in my personal life.

But anyway, back on topic! I might as well pay $5k and accept the $1 mil. upfront, because it's been almost 6 months now and I've had over a 100% increase on my Solara. If they want proof, I'll give it to them.

Again, sorry for being gone so long everybody, I just need time to figure things out. I promise I'm still working on HHO as a side project, but I haven't found the time to post anything as of late.

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
10-30-2008 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjpeaceful Offline

Wink RE: $1 Million Prize for 25% Mileage-Boosting Hyd
I'm with wulfram and RDK.

No, I'm not a flip-flopper.

Think about it before you blast me with another light-your-tube jab. Wink

We do not have enough information to present to the masses whether this "stuff" will work for every vehicle on the road. There are to many "what ifs". There is not enough "science" behind the technology to present...yet.

Wulfram, I know I could answer this for myself but would you be willing to collaborate on an experiment with trusted members of this forum?
11-05-2008 08:40 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

cjpeaceful Wrote:I'm with wulfram and RDK.

No, I'm not a flip-flopper.

Think about it before you blast me with another light-your-tube jab. Wink

We do not have enough information to present to the masses whether this "stuff" will work for every vehicle on the road. There are to many "what ifs". There is not enough "science" behind the technology to present...yet.

Wulfram, I know I could answer this for myself but would you be willing to collaborate on an experiment with trusted members of this forum?

You said it! It also sounds skeptical in a few ways because you never know if this could just be some group trying to scam as many people as possible. They could just be like "Oh, all your cars don't meet such and such standard. You all lose and we keep the money, lol!"

And what experiment is this you speak of? Not to mind my butting in, but I think I might like to jump on the trial train if you consider me a trusted member. Big Grin Tongue

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
11-05-2008 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjpeaceful Offline

Well, I mean an experiment where a large group of individuals (in this case members) could copy an existing design and fully document there results. This would not only include written documentation but video and audio as well.

To me, there seems to be a lack "orginized" experiments when dealing with HHO.
11-05-2008 08:58 AM
gtkco Offline

cjpeaceful Wrote:Well, I mean an experiment where a large group of individuals (in this case members) could copy an existing design and fully document there results. This would not only include written documentation but video and audio as well.

Just submit the 1970's NASA research paper to the scam artists trying to steal your $5000 with that challange. Gentlemen, we already have the "proof of concept" to use business school jargon. The NASA paper is the only credible source that "proves" that the introduction of H2 increases the efficiency of fuel use. We know it works. We have limited knowledge on why it works. A lot of good hypothesis (untested theories). Is it really flame rate? Is it really increased compression? Is it really a longer stroke of the piston arm? Sadly, none of us have the cash, or I might add training and credentials to design an experiment to determine the why's. We have to be humble about this.

The real difficulty is the "proof of viability". That is basically what this forum struggles with the most. Proof of viability means can this technology be introduced in the public in a working business model. At the moment, I would say no. We are having much too difficult of time producing a reliable and consistant product that works in 95% of the applications. ECU's, ARF sensors, and freezing are just a few of the things that clobber us. We still have no idea of long term product durability. These are just some of the technical issues we have not overcome. I haven't even mentioned the social/political/competative/legal challanges to getting this off the ground. Now this doesn't mean this technology won't get there but we have a long way to go but this forum is definately speeding up the process.

cjpeaceful Wrote:To me, there seems to be a lack "orginized" experiments when dealing with HHO.
Yes it is a bit like the wild west in terms of data collection. Not only should the member involved in your collective effort be trusted (ie honest) but they have to be committed to the boring and time consuming details of experimentation. Just to give you an idea on how I am collecting data. I write down: Gen design type, sq inches of SS, Electrolyte type & concentration, Electrolyte amount in ML, Electrolyte temp, Ambiant air temp, Elapsed run time, Amps to the 1/10th, Volts to the 1/100th, timed output of 100ml in M:SS. Each test is run three times and results are averaged. Each test takes measurements at start 10, 20, 30 and 60 minutes. Doing this is a REAL BIG pain. But I will get useful and comparative info. The first fruit of doing things this way is the confirmation that higher volts increases the likelyhood of Iron bloom (see my Iron Bloom post). I just stumbled upon this but because of my methodology, I am now quite certain of the statement.
11-06-2008 07:11 AM