Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1978 winni brave & hho
Slate757 Offline

1978 winni brave & hho
hi all,
well my cell is produceing ok its 10" x 3" and its set up +ll-ll+ll-ll+ , it prduces about 1L in 55sec, but at 30 amps, with 1 T. of soda, and 1/8" spacers. connections are good and all 304 stainless. the houseing is 4" pvc with threaded cap, it holds about 3L. of distilled water. i havent let i run too long just enought to some volume tests, fill some balloons, and a pop bottle rocket.Big Grin i am concerned about heat and i will cut back my solution to 3/4T.
my Q is will it be easier to install on my 78' winni (advance timeing?) it cant be that easy!
or should i put it on my 04 ford and try to fool the o2 senser, ($)
i want it for both, but i want it on asap.
any thoughts will be helpfull!!
04-23-2008 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 1978 winni brave & hho
Hi Slate, welcome to the forum!

Probably the easier installation will be the '78. The later the model of vehicle, the more the computer has been programmed to defeat your efforts. Both can be done, of course. I'm just answering the question of which will be easier.

Any reason you're not using KOH as your electrolyte? The soda will have to be changed frequently as it gets consumed. The KOH just needs water replenished from time to time, but the electrolyte stays. You should also get more liters/min/amp with it.

Good luck and keep us posted.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-23-2008 05:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Slate757 Offline

please tell me what KOH is. i'm sure ill be useing it soon!
Ok.. i found KOH is potassium hydroxide found at http://www.Cosmeticgrade.com
also john aarons uses sodium hydroxide, LYE, (i heard is being regulated in ny, because it being used in makeing bio-diesel!)
any one have readings to show whitch is better for production?
thanks jeff
(This post was last modified: 04-24-2008 08:36 AM by Slate757.)
04-24-2008 05:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

I hear they're about the same, although some electrolysers seem to do better with KOH. They are both quite caustic, so please be careful with it.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
04-24-2008 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply