Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1989 Toyota camry question??
Dino Offline

1989 Toyota camry question??
I just got started down this interesting HHO path and I'm totally confused because I'm reading conflicting stuff. I have seen on many an ebay site saying only cars after 95 have sensor issues, Now I want to put and HHO device in my old 89 Camry 4 cylinder and I'm curious to know if I need to buy an extender for my O2 sensor or another device to fool it or being that it's an 89 I should leave it alone.

This is a great site by the way, I have been reading and have learned more here than anywhere. Thanks in advanceSmile
06-09-2008 08:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rpatzer Offline

RE: 1989 Toyota camry question??
After '96 the industry went to OBDII. Yours is prior, therefore it is under OBDI jurisdiction. Your car does have an O2 sensor. You can try the O2 extender, but I think you are better off with an EFIE. It is adjustable and will let you "play" with the system while you are "tuning" it.
06-11-2008 06:48 PM
Dino Offline

RE: 1989 Toyota camry question??
Thanks Bro

I ordered the EFIE from the forum store.

rpatzer Wrote:After '96 the industry went to OBDII. Yours is prior, therefore it is under OBDI jurisdiction. Your car does have an O2 sensor. You can try the O2 extender, but I think you are better off with an EFIE. It is adjustable and will let you "play" with the system while you are "tuning" it.
06-12-2008 02:17 PM