1997 Dodge Dakota
V6 3.9L
No Mods
Smack Booster
Sodium Hydroxide
Distilled Water.

W/O HHO= 19 MPG
W HHO= 25 MPG

Friday driving. This was with some mountain driving & highway & city.

Yesterday drove lot a city and might seen little less, don't know though yet have not filled up again.

But, guys it does work!!!!!!!! Believe me it does!!!!!!!!

Going to add the map enchancer sometime this week and test. Will let you know the results of that.

One question for you guys though: Why do I have to fill my bubbler up every new day I get in my truck? Its like it leaks out at night or something. Do you all have the same problem anyone using a smack?

Thanks,

Charlie
09-14-2008 05:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
howiemandel Offline

RE: 1997 Dodge Dakota 3.9L V6 Results
leaking? Boiling it off? Sucking it into motor/airbox? Where are you hooking/feeding it into. PVC? Any glue? Does it run hot. Wink
WElcome aboard!!
09-14-2008 05:27 AM
CowboyMan Offline

howiemandel Wrote:leaking? Boiling it off? Sucking it into motor/airbox? Where are you hooking/feeding it into. PVC? Any glue? Does it run hot. Wink
WElcome aboard!!

Hey Howie.

Hooking into air filter plenduem. Right after air filter. There is a barb fitting there that a line runs from there to valve cover with a bulb looking thing. What is that I don't know. But my buddies said if I tee that line my gas should go in the air box and if must because I see gains. Did have hooked to PVC line, but that didn't work because water did get suck in. Using RTV around the the fittings of the barb. Here is some pics of my setup howie in this thread.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1813

Take Care
09-14-2008 05:34 AM
glbart Offline

Cowboy, when i first started with a smack had same problem with bubbler, so i built a stand alone larger bubbler 1 1/2in pvc 12in tall with sight tube on side problem solved.
09-14-2008 06:09 AM
howiemandel Offline

Looks pretty good Cowboy. I like.

Here is where I inject mine. I had an extra not used, factory port to plug my hose to at. Here is a picture, point is where i injected it at.
09-14-2008 06:39 AM
howiemandel Offline

OH never mind that picture, i tried to find a quicky one on the net. In doing so, check this out. LOL

System "seems" sweet as hell. lol.

http://www.aquatune.com/aquatuneplus.html
09-14-2008 06:40 AM
hydrotinkerer Offline

CowboyMan Wrote:
howiemandel Wrote:leaking? Boiling it off? Sucking it into motor/airbox? Where are you hooking/feeding it into. PVC? Any glue? Does it run hot. Wink
WElcome aboard!!

Hey Howie.

Hooking into air filter plenduem. Right after air filter. There is a barb fitting there that a line runs from there to valve cover with a bulb looking thing. What is that I don't know. But my buddies said if I tee that line my gas should go in the air box and if must because I see gains. Did have hooked to PVC line, but that didn't work because water did get suck in. Using RTV around the the fittings of the barb. Here is some pics of my setup howie in this thread.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1813

Take Care

I had the same problem. I ended up putting a one-way valve between my cell and bubbler. The cell when it cooled off would suck the water out of my bubbler.
09-14-2008 10:35 AM
CowboyMan Offline

Thanks Guys.

I really think hydrotinkerer that might be what is going on with me, but I have a check valve between the generator and the bubbler. Don't you think that the check valve would prevent the water being sucked into the generator?

Gbart,

I like your idea that you did with your smack. You have a picture of your bubbler?

I told my dad this weekend about my experiments with my fellow HHO buddies on here this weekend. After I told him I got 25% increase he was very proud of me and wants me to build him one on a 1996 dodge stratus. I going to test a 2005 Dodge Caravan first though.
09-15-2008 04:05 AM
CowboyMan Offline

Do you guys think if I install a map enhancer that I would see more gains?
09-15-2008 04:11 AM
CowboyMan Offline

Since I am seeing a 25% increase now in MPG. Does anybody on here think I could see more of an increase if I use the map sensor enhancer? Or would you try wraping the O2 sensor. Or would you use a O2 extender? What would you guys try first? I am not sure what to try first. Thanks
09-19-2008 04:27 AM