Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1999 Toyota Landcruiser EFIE Install
spear2 Offline

1999 Toyota Landcruiser EFIE Install
Mike, I just recently purchased a quad wide band EFIE from your store. I have 4 O2 sensors on the SUV, have the wiring diagram and ECU pin-out diagram. I have tested various wires going to the ECU and am unable to locate the 2 wide band wires going to the ECU (approx. 3V). I only have the 2 narrowband wires located (0-1V). Please advise any experience with these Landcruisers.

Thanks
Shawn
05-23-2012 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 1999 Toyota Landcruiser EFIE Install
I've got good news and bad news:

The good news: The signal wire for your bank 1 upstream sensor is black and the signal wire for bank 2 is white. Here's all the wire colors:

The bad news: You have narrow band front sensors. You need a different EFIE. The Quad Digital EFIE is the correct EFIE for you. Contact shipping@fuelsaver-mpg.com and arrange to get yours traded out for the correct EFIE. They cost the same, so you'll only have to pay for shipping.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-24-2012 07:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
spear2 Offline

Hey Mike, I finally got a chance to install this (correctly) last night. Thanks to Dot's input I found I had a bad ground wire hookup. I have my HHO running at about 12 amps with your quad narrowband digital EFIE. Let's see if I can improve on 10mpg. Question I have: Should I remove the Volo chip or run it with the EFIE?
FYI - Maybe you should move this post to 'narrowband EFIEs'
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012 09:50 AM by spear2.)
08-07-2012 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

So far, I've not seen these 2 devices play well together. But I expect that with some computers they will be fine. You can experiment. It won't hurt. It may turn out to be better. All you have to do is disconnect the power to the Flash Chip to disable it. So you could try it both ways.

If it were my vehicle, I would disconnect it first, and then get the best mileage improvement possible with the EFIE alone. Then try turning on the flash chip. Let us know if it improves the mileage for you.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
08-07-2012 02:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply