Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st test on three plate system.
cbroyles Offline

1st test on three plate system.
I just built a 3 plate system and tried it yesterday. i was wanting to do a 5 plate system but 5 plate's would'nt fit in the jar. so i cut it down to a 3 plate but the plates are still to long for it. i had to fill the jar full of water to cover the plates, so i'm going to cut the plates down to make it work. here's what i used. 3 SS switch plates they are +n- and i used baking soda in distilled water.( i have robeic) but i left it at home so i used my old solution at my shop to test it out. it started producing real quick and had smoke coming off the top.
let it run for 45 mins and it did'nt get hot or warm. so i'm thing about running two of them and running both hoses into 1 hose into a bubbler and then into my breather.
[Image: DCFC0081.jpg]
07-27-2008 04:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: 1st test on three plate system.
If you're running two of them, connect them in series for twice the efficiency.

+12 v ---- jar1 ---- jar2 ---- gnd

How are your 3 plates configured? You'll have to make your electrolyte stronger since you'll only have 6 volts per jar.

For more info read topics with Series Cell in them.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-27-2008 04:44 AM
Atfab Offline

Looks good, what is your plate spacing and amp draw.

Atfab
99 S-10 Pickup 2.2L auto, Std cab, Short bed, Alum cap
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
07-27-2008 04:50 AM
cbroyles Offline

colchiro Wrote:If you're running two of them, connect them in series for twice the efficiency.

+12 v ---- jar1 ---- jar2 ---- gnd

How are your 3 plates configured? You'll have to make your electrolyte stronger since you'll only have 6 volts per jar.

For more info read topics with Series Cell in them.

My plates are +N- i'm new to this you said series cell. could you explain this alittle. later on i'm going to use cvpc but right now i'm using the jars.
thanks,chris.
07-27-2008 04:55 AM
colchiro Offline

If you search "titles only" for series cell, you'll see several.

Here's one: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1000

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-27-2008 05:41 AM
cbroyles Offline

colchiro Wrote:If you search "titles only" for series cell, you'll see several.

Here's one: http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1000

Thanks, chris.
07-27-2008 05:53 AM
cbroyles Offline

Well today i went and changed my generator from baking soda to sodium hydraxide. first test it got hot and bubbled out the inlit hole.
changed it again and less sodium and it was better. it just get's warm now and seems to do pretty good. i did'nt get to do the series cell like i wanted to but i went ahead and put on my truck anyway. i can tell the differnce when i drive it. i dont know how many amps i'm pulling yet. but i have'nt blown myself up yet and that's a good thing right.
07-27-2008 04:50 PM
EdGe7 Offline

cbroyles Wrote:I just built a 3 plate system and tried it yesterday. i was wanting to do a 5 plate system but 5 plate's would'nt fit in the jar. so i cut it down to a 3 plate but the plates are still to long for it. i had to fill the jar full of water to cover the plates, so i'm going to cut the plates down to make it work. here's what i used. 3 SS switch plates they are +n- and i used baking soda in distilled water.( i have robeic) but i left it at home so i used my old solution at my shop to test it out. it started producing real quick and had smoke coming off the top.
let it run for 45 mins and it did'nt get hot or warm. so i'm thing about running two of them and running both hoses into 1 hose into a bubbler and then into my breather.
[Image: DCFC0081.jpg]

Could you provide a couple of screen shots of your plates outside of the jar and also give us your space specifications between each plate.

Thanks

- E.J.

"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits."
07-27-2008 05:21 PM
cbroyles Offline

EdGe7, i did'nt take a pic of the plates sorry. i used 3 light switch covers with out the center hole in them. (lowes $1.29 each) and then 2 nylon bolts and 4 nylon spacers. i might have the space between the plates to wide? but it works for now. next weekend i'm to build another one and make a series cell, hopefully.
07-27-2008 05:32 PM
EdGe7 Offline

cbroyles Wrote:EdGe7, i did'nt take a pic of the plates sorry. i used 3 light switch covers with out the center hole in them. (lowes $1.29 each) and then 2 nylon bolts and 4 nylon spacers. i might have the space between the plates to wide? but it works for now. next weekend i'm to build another one and make a series cell, hopefully.

Where you able to find all of these parts are Lowes? If so, what departments are the nylon bolts and washers?

Also, how long where your bolts and how wide were the nylon spacers? I imagine you just put them all close together with just the spacers separating them?

Thanks

- E.J.

"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits."
07-27-2008 07:37 PM