Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2.5 diam. SS, pipe.
howiemandel Offline

2.5 diam. SS, pipe.
I have access to 2.5 inch diameter SS hollowed out pipe. Its cut in lengths of, I believe 1 foot. Basically think magdrive I guess. But the outside of these pipes are "grooved" with ridges. Very nice looking pipe, and it is stainless and new.
I got access to 25 of them. Its pretty quality stuff, was wondering if folks had intrest and what they would be worth. I got pictures of them, but im at work right now, and need to get home to upload them.
10-30-2008 09:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thurman Offline

RE: 2.5 diam. SS, pipe.
If the pipe is smooth on the inside and more like "corrugated" on the outside, it sounds like what you have access to is tubing used in food processing. The smooth interior would allow certain food products (I'm familiar with pecan, and peanut roasting facilities) to "shoot" these products through by forced air after roasting and the corrugated outside would help the product cool down as it traveled through the tubing. I've seen runs of this as long as 100 ft. so the product could cool down. I think it would work for HHO production and would aid in keeping the temperature(s) down. My 2¢ worth. Thanks, David.
10-31-2008 05:44 AM
howiemandel Offline

RE: 2.5 diam. SS, pipe.
yes, its smooth inside, and corru. on the outside. However it was used, or to be used for large handrails. Stuff is new, and just cut up for hho units, but the guy has moved on. I showed intrest, and he wants me to sell them for him on ebay. It appears in that length they are worth around 25 bucks.
I really would like to use one myself, its just I've never seen a unit built out of one that was worth a damn. However, I was thinking using the entire outside as neg, and running my "CUPS" for the inside, stack them as a pos. Probally be huge hho amounts. Oh well food for thought.
I also wanted to know if someone wanted to buy some of these. They certainly would make for a professional looking unit, thats for sure.
10-31-2008 07:12 AM