Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 HHo generators NO mileage gains!!!!!
sktdriver77 Offline

2 HHo generators NO mileage gains!!!!!
Hello, i am new to this but i am desperate for answers so please somebody help me!!!! I have installed 2, 7 cell hho generators on my 2007 chevy uplander minivan. I first routed the tubing to the intake or actually a "snorkel" built into the side of the intake but felt little to no vacuum ..SO i got the bright idea to go into the vac line which sucked water into my engine...OOPS!!! Then i installed a petcock valve to regulate the amount of suction but the man who sold me the generators told me not to put it in vac line so i went back to original intake. He also told me that the gens did not need an efie Nor an oxygen sensor adjustment BUT i think i must since i am getting even worse gas mileage than before installing these generators. Can somebody please help me. I am a professional medical transport driver and these gas prices are eating up MOST of my profit!!!! I will do whatever i have to to tweak these generators so i can get more MPG!!!! Thank you all i am anxiously awaiting your answers.
07-04-2008 03:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ocpd426 Offline

RE: 2 HHo generators NO mileage gains!!!!!
sktdriver77 Wrote:Hello, i am new to this but i am desperate for answers so please somebody help me!!!! I have installed 2, 7 cell hho generators on my 2007 chevy uplander minivan. I first routed the tubing to the intake or actually a "snorkel" built into the side of the intake but felt little to no vacuum ..SO i got the bright idea to go into the vac line which sucked water into my engine...OOPS!!! Then i installed a petcock valve to regulate the amount of suction but the man who sold me the generators told me not to put it in vac line so i went back to original intake. He also told me that the gens did not need an efie Nor an oxygen sensor adjustment BUT i think i must since i am getting even worse gas mileage than before installing these generators. Can somebody please help me. I am a professional medical transport driver and these gas prices are eating up MOST of my profit!!!! I will do whatever i have to to tweak these generators so i can get more MPG!!!! Thank you all i am anxiously awaiting your answers.
Good luck I tried everythink with no luck
07-04-2008 05:53 PM
loving it Offline

I am waiting for some one to chime in who knows more that I do but from what I understand you will need a efie . Did you install the units yourself ? how much Electrolyte are you useing , whats the amount of amps the units are pulling? whats you out put per Minute ? Are you as close as you can to the intake on the air intake tube .

People who say that it cant be done, shouldn't stand in the way of people doing it !!!
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2008 07:37 PM by loving it.)
07-04-2008 06:49 PM
sktdriver77 Offline

yes i installed the units myself after MUCH trial and error. I wired up the solenoid then from there a 30 amp relay into fusebox. As for electrolyte amounts approx. 2 tablespoons per gallon(they each hold a gallon of water) the amps i have no clue DUH!!! Have a meter but dunno how to read it( it's a woman thing LOL) the output according to the seller on ebay where i bought these 1.78L per minute each gen. I have the tube from cells teed and insertd into the snorkel a 90 built off of side of intake hose But had it at one time teed into the vac line>was told not to do that too much vaccuum would cause pressure to back up in gens. I think ur right tho i am going to need an EFIE or o2 extender or maybe both i guess. I should disconnect them until i get those things right??? BTW, thanks for at least answering me.
07-04-2008 08:36 PM
colchiro Offline

I'd swing by any auto parts store and pick up a couple (one for each cell) 30 (first choice) or 60 amp ammeters (should be about $10 each).

Next cut the pos wire going from the relay to your cell and crimp and solder a terminal to the cut ends and connect the ammeter to those terminals. The meter should be labeled on the back. The "load" end connects to your cell, but worst case the meter reads backwards. (Like anybody's going to notice.) Make sure the terminals on the back don't short to anything since that could be bad. My meter is wire tied to to a cable so it won't short.

Now you should have an idea of how much each cell draws. I like to keep them at a max of 20 amps, but your source may tell you differently.

After getting your current where it's supposed to be, next determine if you have good gas output.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-04-2008 08:54 PM
cheapfuel Offline

Some advice if you want it:

1. Remove the generator(s) from your truck/car and do some bench testing.

2. Connect your 0-60 ammeter in series in the wire you get your power from.

3. Also in series connect a 40 amp fuse ( #12 wire)

4. Use #12 or #10 wire.

5. Connect your two generators in series to a 12 volt battery.

6. Pass your HHO gas through a bubbler

7. Measure how much HHO you are getting. If you don't know how to do this, ask.

8. How many oxygen sensors does your car/truck have that affect your air/gas mix

9. You defenitely need an EFIE. Without it your car/truck sensors will adjust your air/mix and you will see NO gain in MPG.

10. Don't connect anything to your car/truck till you what you are connecting

Good Luck
07-04-2008 09:20 PM
sktdriver77 Offline

colchiro Wrote:I'd swing by any auto parts store and pick up a couple (one for each cell) 30 (first choice) or 60 amp ammeters (should be about $10 each).

Next cut the pos wire going from the relay to your cell and crimp and solder a terminal to the cut ends and connect the ammeter to those terminals. The meter should be labeled on the back. The "load" end connects to your cell, but worst case the meter reads backwards. (Like anybody's going to notice.) Make sure the terminals on the back don't short to anything since that could be bad. My meter is wire tied to to a cable so it won't short.

Now you should have an idea of how much each cell draws. I like to keep them at a max of 20 amps, but your source may tell you differently.

After getting your current where it's supposed to be, next determine if you have good gas output.

hello rick, Thank you for your response. Actually my positive from my relay goes to the battery then a #10 goes from the battery to the solenoid switch so...i don't know which wire you mean. I don't have a direction connection from the cell to the relay...it goes through a 12v solenoid. Obviously i have no clue what i am doing!!!!! I am just DESPERATE to get better mpg and as you know desperate people will sometimes try anything...well i am there!!!! Please keep helping me!!! I have NOBODY willing or able to help me just you guys on this forum ...so be kind to me please. I know this is a longshot what i'm doing but it is all i know to do. I went and got 2 amp meters but am unsure which wire to connect it...(them) to since i have it wired thru the solenoid Can you help me anyway???Thank you, miriam
07-05-2008 08:51 AM
colchiro Offline

sktdriver77 Wrote:hello rick, Thank you for your response. Actually my positive from my relay goes to the battery then a #10 goes from the battery to the solenoid switch so...i don't know which wire you mean. I don't have a direction connection from the cell to the relay...it goes through a 12v solenoid. Obviously i have no clue what i am doing!!!!! I am just DESPERATE to get better mpg and as you know desperate people will sometimes try anything...well i am there!!!! Please keep helping me!!! I have NOBODY willing or able to help me just you guys on this forum ...so be kind to me please. I know this is a longshot what i'm doing but it is all i know to do. I went and got 2 amp meters but am unsure which wire to connect it...(them) to since i have it wired thru the solenoid Can you help me anyway???Thank you, miriam

Miriam, at some point you have a wire that goes to each cell, cut that and add the ammeter between the cut wires. Should be something like this:

Code:
+12v --- fuse ---- relay ---- (ammeter) ----- cell ---- gnd
                     |
                     + ------ (ammeter) ----- cell ---- gnd

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-05-2008 09:18 AM
sktdriver77 Offline

Hello again Rick, here's what i have nowSad Looking at the solenoid reading 12v normally not upside down){ posts at top part of solenoid } 2 positive #10 wires going from the gens to the far right side of the solenoid switch and 2 negatives same ga. going to the solenoid where they go. Now on the far left side of the solenoid i have 1 #10 going straight to battery the next post on the solenoid is where i have the negs from the cells and short jumper to ground to body of vehicle; the next post over to the right i have a 12ga wire that goes into the 30 amp relay and from there into the fusebox under hood. From the battery there is a #10 going into relay to power it i suppose...who knows obviously not me!!! So there is no wire that directly goes from the relay to the cells. The cells are wired "homerun" to solenoid then 1 wire to battery and then 1 wire to relay. The gens came with the solenoid attached and instructions saying how to wire it up...finally got that right ...i think!!! and a friend's husband put the 30 amp relay in for me and hooked it up!!!! I talked to the guy who sold me these gens and he said i was double, triple protected with all that on there. I asked him about o2 sensor adjustment he said i didn't need any of that stuff but i believe i do otherwise i should be getting better gas mileage instead of worse shouldn't i???? I just went out there and unhooked power to the gens and the relay until i can get an EFIE!!!! Don't know what else to do cause i can't figure out which wire you mean the way i have it wired!!! I don't wanna give up yet i have invested a BUNCH of money already so i want to get these things going and working right so i can get some decent MPG . Anyway, if you can follow what i said i still would appreciate all the advice/help i can get from you and anybody who knows what kinda mess i got here!!! Thank you again Rick looking forward to as much advice/info as you are willing to give me. Miriam
07-05-2008 10:35 AM
colchiro Offline

Miriam, as long as you add the ammeter in line with either wire going to your cell, it will work.

When the power goes through the meter to your cell, it'll give you a correct reading. If hooked up wrong, worst case it'll read -20 amps instead of +20 amps... no big deal.

Rick

07-05-2008 10:51 AM