Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 Motorcycles on HHO
BroBob1 Offline

RE: 2 Motorcycles on HHO
Well, I got some positive results back after much tinkering! On the Suzuki I ended up setting the gen @ 8-9 Amps and the HHO feed lines are right at the inlet to each carb. I went from a best of 35 MPG to 43 MPG.
My only concern is the draw on the Alternator of the bikeGasp
While running the bike I have a digital volt meter hooked up and I observed as the gen heats up the reading gets as low as 12.5 Volts! Is this too much of a draw? I don't know? When I switch off the gen it reads in the high 13's, it even hit 14 volts for a few seconds. Should I install a PWM? Maybe?
The sidecar bike is still a work in progress! Maybe that needs a PWM also? I'm also looking at the new "HydroBlox" units!
Any feedback?
08-01-2008 08:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pinhead Offline

BroBob1 Wrote:Well, I got some positive results back after much tinkering! On the Suzuki I ended up setting the gen @ 8-9 Amps and the HHO feed lines are right at the inlet to each carb. I went from a best of 35 MPG to 43 MPG.
My only concern is the draw on the Alternator of the bikeGasp
While running the bike I have a digital volt meter hooked up and I observed as the gen heats up the reading gets as low as 12.5 Volts! Is this too much of a draw? I don't know? When I switch off the gen it reads in the high 13's, it even hit 14 volts for a few seconds. Should I install a PWM? Maybe?
The sidecar bike is still a work in progress! Maybe that needs a PWM also? I'm also looking at the new "HydroBlox" units!
Any feedback?

I would definitely install a PWM if your voltage is dropping that far; it indicates that your alternator is giving all it can muster and just cant keep up with the current demands. The voltage didn't drop lower than 12.5 because at that voltage, you're no longer charging the battery (the battery is supplying current instead of being charged with current). You'll more than likely burn something up if you leave it as it is.
08-14-2008 10:42 AM
colchiro Offline

Bob, that leaves no reserve. You need to make that cell more efficient or settle for less results.

BTW, did you get your money back on you HR cell yet? Got mine yesterday. Not looking too good over there.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-14-2008 04:35 PM
BroBob1 Offline

I just did a duplicate run with the 1998 Suzuki 1500 LC motorcycle where I achieved 43 MPG with the HHO running. This time the HHO was off. I got 41 MPG! Not much of a difference!

The run was about 42 miles averaging 50 MPH with 3-4 stops. Apparently ideal MPG conditions.
I'm running a Smack's style (Thundernutz) unit with the 2 outer plates on each side (4 plates total) hooked to positive, with 2 negative center plates, with 5 neutrals between them on either side, 400mlpm @ 8 amps. (++nnnnn--nnnnn++)

Rick, I never ordered a unit from Hydroreactors!
Pinhead, where can I get a good PWM for a motorcycle?
08-16-2008 06:11 AM
colchiro Offline

Bob, have you tried wrapping your Smacks to insulate it from stray currents? It's covered briefly in the latest installation guide. That'll reduce your current draw quite a bit.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-16-2008 07:11 AM
BroBob1 Offline

colchiro Wrote:Bob, have you tried wrapping your Smacks to insulate it from stray currents? It's covered briefly in the latest installation guide. That'll reduce your current draw quite a bit.

No Rick! I'll have to check that out, Thanks!Smile
08-16-2008 08:55 AM
BroBob1 Offline

Back to the testing on my 1998 Suzuki 1500 LC. In my latest test with the GEN producing about 400 MLPM @ 8 amps and just switching the unit on in 5th gear, my mileage was 33 MPG, NO GAIN??

So I decided to crank up the volume of HHO. Adding more NAOH and now producing 1 LPM @ 22 amps. I strapped on a fully charged car battery to the back seat of the bike and hooked it up directly to the Gen with a switch with no connection to the bike's electrical system for this test.
I now proceeded to do a 42 mile run after topping off the tank, that I have done several times before, averaging 50 MPH with 2-3 stops for traffic lights.
And the results are: NO GAIN??ShockedTongueMadConfusedCrazyGasp Yes! I checked for leaks and all that, so after many different tests and configurations done on this bike, I removed the unit!
I would like to have reported positive gains, but there are none! And there is no computer controlled fuel management system on this bike.
08-27-2008 09:19 AM
howiemandel Offline

someone is gonna e-smack me, but being carb'ed, did you lean the bike out some, or... I mean, there are no computers really to "see" something and back off or add more of one thing or another, so I think with it being carb'ed you need to lean it out some.
(((((((((((((DUCKS))))))))))))))))))))
08-27-2008 09:52 AM
BroBob1 Offline

howiemandel Wrote:someone is gonna e-smack me, but being carb'ed, did you lean the bike out some, or... I mean, there are no computers really to "see" something and back off or add more of one thing or another, so I think with it being carb'ed you need to lean it out some.
(((((((((((((DUCKS))))))))))))))))))))

If I leaned out the carbs I would get better gas mileage without the HHO, but if the HHO is enhancing combustion efficiency I should get better mileage because you would not have to twist the throttle as much to obtain the same speed.
I'm thinking my next testing would be introducing the HHO gas via a "T" and check valve into the fuel line, thus charging the fuel with HHO.
08-27-2008 11:47 AM
CraigBMM Offline

wth its not fuel injected ! haha , you need to lean the carb out me thinks , this would give you the gains you seeeketh

btw vn bike Smile
08-31-2008 01:46 PM