Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20 valve black top
Agent smith Offline

20 valve black top
Hi there, guys. It a pleasure to be on this forum with you.
I have just install a hho unit on my 1997 20 valve black top in my 2001 toyota corolla ae111
I have be noticing that the gas mileage has increatopple sensor pick up the extra gas and dumps more fuel in the system. So I will need a EFIE.
The question is I don't know which one to get. Can any tell me which one I need.
I also know this the mechanic (which is not a believer of hho) told me that I have 4 wires on the sensor. HELP?
06-26-2012 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 20 valve black top
Welcome to the forum.

The 2001 Toyota Corolla uses narrow band sensors. I looked up the US versions which have a 1.794 liter engine. I'm sure yours will be the same. As I recall, Colollas didn't start getting wide band sensors until 2007 or so.

You have one upstream and one downstream sensor, both narrow band. The correct EFIE can be gotten here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/digital-nar...gital-efie

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012 08:35 AM by mike.)
06-27-2012 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Agent smith Offline

Cool, fantastic, thanks.
I was noticing that I was burning more gas with the HHO kit install. And by reading the EFIE units, I now see why. The car was burning lean because of the wonderful work of the HHO, so the ecu was pumping in "more" gas to compensate.
So with the EFIE unit, it would be able to tell/trick the ecu that it is rich and dump "less" fuel.
Hence fuel saving!!!!
Am I right???
06-27-2012 09:50 AM
mike Offline

Yes, exactly.

Now if you're actually getting worse mileage (even without an EFIE), I would also check on the amount of HHO you're using. You probably need to cut back on your amperage. Please see this article: http://www.dry-cells.com/how-much-hho .

Visit Our Documents Page
06-27-2012 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Agent smith Offline

Mmmm, interesting read. Thanks a million
But now I am left with a pondering question.
Now based on what I just read from the link you send me, and I reduce my amperage to give less HHO, I should get mileage gains ?
So I would not need the EFIE?

P.s I have a 11 plate cell that produces "1lpm" (notice I put that in quotation marks) and I average at, I think about 15-20 amperage. I have order a digital amp meter for more accuracy.
06-28-2012 02:16 PM
mike Offline

Yes, you should get better mileage with less HHO. A Toyota should be running at about 5 amps, maybe 7. No more than that.

You will still need an EFIE, but now the EFIE will be able to work. Too much HHO and there's just no way for an EFIE to make that much modification to the sensor. There's only so much adjustment that its possible to make.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-29-2012 08:21 AM
Agent smith Offline

Ok. Sounds good to me...
Your have been a great help, I thank you very much for you help and especially the speedy response.
Have another question. My reservoir bottle is about 64oz, what is the measure size to make the correct catalyst?
06-29-2012 05:56 PM
Agent smith Offline

Hi there, do you have a diagram or instructions on how to set up for the EFIE?
07-05-2012 04:39 PM
Agent smith Offline

So I got the EFIE and and i am reading a lot of people reading these different number and adjusting the pot!!!
1)Would I need to adjust my dual digital EFIE???
2)and if so whAt instrument do they use to measure the voltage or what you recommend me to get so I can safely monitor the EFIE ???
3)Also for the 20 valve, has anyone found the correct figures for maximum fuel economy??..
08-16-2012 11:39 AM
mike Offline

I don't know which brand of EFIE you have, but you can find instructions for fuelsaver-mpg.com EFIEs here: http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/installation-instructions .

If you have someone else's EFIE, but no instructions, you can use the instructions for the same type of EFIE and you should be fine. Most other companies only make analog EFIEs. Use the analog EFIE installation instructions at the link above to help you.

Visit Our Documents Page
08-16-2012 02:26 PM