Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2000 Dodge Neon no MPG change.
gismo_64 Offline

2000 Dodge Neon no MPG change.
I have your single EFIE connected to the upstream O2 sensor.
The wire colors on the O2 sensor harness are black grey white and white.
I have the black wire split with the green wire on the sensor side and the
white wire on the computer side. With the EFIE powered on the black wire
to ground shows fluctuating voltage from .4 to .9MV. From black to red shows .300MV. From red to ground shows .7 to 1.2MV. I am running a
Hotsabi style booster with the anode being a helix instead of a bolt.
My car is a 2000 Dodge Neon wich gets a solid 30 MPG in all conditions.
Do I need a downstream EFIE? What have I done wrong? EFIE and booster have shown no effect.

Thanks,

Scott Nelson:question:
11-12-2007 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 2000 Dodge Neon no MPG change.
Ok, it sounds like you've got the EFIE hooked up correctly. I can't attest to the Hotsabi design, and of course don't know that the specific unit you have is working correctly or not. But the design should work, if the unit is working. You'll need to verify that is the case. Do you have a way to verify that the unit is producing the expected HHO?

After that you need to try different settings of the EFIE. If you've tried .250 and .300 and had no luck, try .100, .150 and .200. Some folks have done better with lower settings. I have a Neon too, and I did fine with .120 - .250 and never tried any higher settings because my results started tapering off when I went above .250. What settings have you tried and for what durations have you tried them?

I seriously doubt a downstream EFIE will change your fuel economy. By downstream, of course, I mean downstream from the catalytic converter. Theoretically the computer doesn't factor the downstream sensor into the fuel/air ratio calcs. It should just tell the computer that the cat is shot when it fails. However, I don't know for absolutely sure that the computer doesn't factor it in somehow to the air/fuel calcs. One thing I'm sure of though is that even if it was using the downstream data, you should still get a significant increase in fuel economy with what you already have installed. So let's just work with that for now, agreed?

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-12-2007 06:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gismo_64 Offline

mike Wrote:Ok, it sounds like you've got the EFIE hooked up correctly. I can't attest to the Hotsabi design, and of course don't know that the specific unit you have is working correctly or not. But the design should work, if the unit is working. You'll need to verify that is the case. Do you have a way to verify that the unit is producing the expected HHO?

After that you need to try different settings of the EFIE. If you've tried .250 and .300 and had no luck, try .100, .150 and .200. Some folks have done better with lower settings. I have a Neon too, and I did fine with .120 - .250 and never tried any higher settings because my results started tapering off when I went above .250. What settings have you tried and for what durations have you tried them?

I seriously doubt a downstream EFIE will change your fuel economy. By downstream, of course, I mean downstream from the catalytic converter. Theoretically the computer doesn't factor the downstream sensor into the fuel/air ratio calcs. It should just tell the computer that the cat is shot when it fails. However, I don't know for absolutely sure that the computer doesn't factor it in somehow to the air/fuel calcs. One thing I'm sure of though is that even if it was using the downstream data, you should still get a significant increase in fuel economy with what you already have installed. So let's just work with that for now, agreed?

Mike,

Thanks for your response. I replaced the head last year so I went ahead and replaced the down stream sensor. I replaced the upstream sensor when I replaced the head. I dropped the voltage to .16 Mv and am going to give it a try. The voltage at the sensor when driving is alot lower .3 to .6 . It still runs from .3 to .9 when idling. But seams to be idling smoother. I am running the booster through a bubbler.
So I can see the HHO production. I hope this works and again thanks.

Scott NelsonSmile
11-14-2007 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

Ok, let me know either way. If you have success, or not.

Those readings for the sensor are within the expected norms. The trouble is that the voltage is constantly changing and a voltage reading can only sort of average out the actual voltages it detects during each sampling period. But it certainly appears that the sensor is operating properly from the data you provide.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
11-14-2007 06:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply