Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 V6 1998 Honda Civic LX
Darrell Offline

2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 V6 1998 Honda Civic LX
Hello All,

I have two vehicles that I plan to put some type of booster on. One is a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0L with a A4LD automatic trans. The second is a 1998 Honda Civic LX.

Is there anyone at this forum that has a fuel booster on the same type vehicle as either of my two test subjects? If so, could you tell me what I need to do to add a fuel booster? What type of fuel booster should I add and what changes do I need to make?

I read some where in the forum that I will need a EFIE unit for the Ranger and an O2 sensor extender for the Honda, other than that I am still looking and reading.

I have seen cells made using 2" diameter SS washers wired alternating positive-negative without any neutral plates and I have seen cells made using .030" thick stainless steel sheets 3"W x 10"L spaced .030" apart with lexan sheets on the sides and tops to prevent electrical shorts, I have even seen cells made using 3 stainless steel bolts spaced 1/2" apart, then there is has been 3 cell setups with a bubbler.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and help,
Darrell
06-18-2008 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ahsem1972 Offline

RE: 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 V6 1998 Honda Civic LX
pictures of mine are on ebay if you search hydro super 2 I drive a 1998 honda civic look at it then ask me your questions if I can help I will
06-19-2008 04:32 AM
AlexR Offline

ahsem1972 Wrote:pictures of mine are on ebay if you search hydro super 2 I drive a 1998 honda civic look at it then ask me your questions if I can help I will

What sort of sensor mods did you do to the Honda? EFIE only? or more?

I have a friend with a Honda Civic of the same year, so any direction would be appreciated rather than redoing some work you have already done.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex

Cool Flame, LLC
http://www.cool-flame.com
06-19-2008 05:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ahsem1972 Offline

Right now all I have is a box a guy named Mark builds you can see one on ebay just look up hydro super 2 and then look at other items it will do the map also but for now I'm just trying the 02 it does the same thing as the EFIE except it will pulse the voltage for faster closed loop.
06-19-2008 07:35 AM
Darrell Offline

Are you selling the cells and EFIE controls?
I know this question has been ask before and I don't believe you responded then. Are you the guy making the stuff or just get a cut of anything sold?

Darrell
ahsem1972 Wrote:Right now all I have is a box a guy named Mark builds you can see one on ebay just look up hydro super 2 and then look at other items it will do the map also but for now I'm just trying the 02 it does the same thing as the EFIE except it will pulse the voltage for faster closed loop.
06-19-2008 01:02 PM
Grisen Offline

Darrell Wrote:Are you selling the cells and EFIE controls?
I know this question has been ask before and I don't believe you responded then. Are you the guy making the stuff or just get a cut of anything sold?

Darrell
ahsem1972 Wrote:Right now all I have is a box a guy named Mark builds you can see one on ebay just look up hydro super 2 and then look at other items it will do the map also but for now I'm just trying the 02 it does the same thing as the EFIE except it will pulse the voltage for faster closed loop.

I've just made a Smack booster (google and you will find his plans) and am impressed with the HHO output-- about 1.25 liters per minute at just 10 amps. The plans are very descriptive and you will not spend long or much making one. This generator puts out twice the HHO compared to the one I spent $300 on from http://www.savefuel.ca . Efficiency is the name of the game because it takes gasoline to drive the alternator to produce that HHO.
06-19-2008 08:57 PM
owen1969 Offline

Am I all wrong or are you guys posting in the wrong topic? This topic is results, meaning how well or bad your doing , Not starting cause you have no results, The only result you have is typing..

Darrell Wrote:Hello All,

I have two vehicles that I plan to put some type of booster on. One is a 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 3.0L with a A4LD automatic trans. The second is a 1998 Honda Civic LX.

Is there anyone at this forum that has a fuel booster on the same type vehicle as either of my two test subjects? If so, could you tell me what I need to do to add a fuel booster? What type of fuel booster should I add and what changes do I need to make?

I read some where in the forum that I will need a EFIE unit for the Ranger and an O2 sensor extender for the Honda, other than that I am still looking and reading.

I have seen cells made using 2" diameter SS washers wired alternating positive-negative without any neutral plates and I have seen cells made using .030" thick stainless steel sheets 3"W x 10"L spaced .030" apart with lexan sheets on the sides and tops to prevent electrical shorts, I have even seen cells made using 3 stainless steel bolts spaced 1/2" apart, then there is has been 3 cell setups with a bubbler.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you for your time and help,
Darrell
06-19-2008 09:17 PM
jksav7 Offline

Yes, I agree with Owen1969 that this thread does not belong in this section. Maybe Mike or Colchiro can move it.

Grisen, I find it hard to believe that you're getting that production at 10 amps. I'm not calling you a liar, but my experience with the Smack booster, as well as everyone elses that I've heard of, doesn't even come close to that. Are you sure the production is that good?
06-19-2008 10:30 PM