Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2000 GMC Sierra 4x4
johnnymacdiver Offline

2000 GMC Sierra 4x4
I have now got the new bottles in 2 qt. bottles using 1-1/2 teaspoons of sodium hydroxide per liter. approx. 2L HHO per minute. Pre O2 extenders installed (2). Installed an ampere gauge in cab and running around 10 amps. Have 4 lines into brake booster vacuum (2 per bottle) and 2 into the backside of the K&N intake closest to the carb. I have a scan meter to determine my current mileage and codes, ect. Each time I turn on the truck I get the 'service engine soon light', I pull up the codes; P0102 - Mass Air Flow circuit low input and code P0418 - Secondary Air Injection System relay "A" circuit malfunction. My RPM's have dropped to around 550. My avg. MPG on the scan unit is around 15.7. I seen 18.4 on friday and have not been able to get it back up to that??? Around town it gets around 12.5 normal avg. MPG for the truck anyways. Any help would be kindly appreciated.
Johnny

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

11-23-2008 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
daddymikey1975 Offline

RE: 2000 GMC Sierra 4x4
using HHO the scangauge will give you incorrect results.. it doesn't know the HHO is in use. accurate MPG readings can only be calculated by actual miled driven divided by gallons at a fill up.

i hope this helps.
P.S. you may need a maf sensor mod.
mike
11-23-2008 02:23 PM
johnnymacdiver Offline

Thanks Mike,
I did that reading and came up with 11.1 MPG. Back to the drawing board.

daddymikey1975 Wrote:using HHO the scangauge will give you incorrect results.. it doesn't know the HHO is in use. accurate MPG readings can only be calculated by actual miled driven divided by gallons at a fill up.

i hope this helps.
P.S. you may need a maf sensor mod.
mike
11-23-2008 08:44 PM
daddymikey1975 Offline

To begin with, do you have any O2 sensor mods, MAP enhancer or MAF enhancer??

without electronics, your truck will see the extra oxygen on your exhaust (this is the by-product of burning HHO) and will think the fuel mixture is lean.. then it will correct for this condition by adding fuel (counter productive to what we're trying to accomplish here) AND since it sees this extra oxygen in the exhaust stream it obciously doesn't like what the MAF is telling it (even though its normal) so it's going into open loop mode and just dumping gas in to accomodate and at least keep running.

You need some more electronics before you can start adjusting your system.

you have a good start though... how about more info on your gen setups... plate gaps, number of plates, how many gens, how many bubblers, how many amps, etc. etc.

I hope this helps.
mike
11-24-2008 04:32 AM
Tom1803 Offline

Hooking into the brake booster vaccum line is a little scarry. If something goes wrong and you loose vaccum on that system you will not have any brakes. I hooked into the air intake after the air filter and right in front of the throttle body and it works great.

2002 PT Cruser 2.4
Phoenix, Arizona
11-24-2008 04:57 AM