Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2001 GMC 4.3 v6
moonreft Offline

2001 GMC 4.3 v6
I have been a lurker for a few weeks here.

I have almost all my parts in line for my test subject. I am going for a classic Smacksbooster idea with some visual touches in place.

I am only lacking the nylon rod at this point, it is due to arrive from Florida sometime this week. (smallparts.com) I live in SoCal.

My housing as a end product is a SS container but for the prototype I am useing a glass jar /w SS lid. I have a set of 4 if this works right.

I already have 2 O2 extenders and plan on running with this out of the gate.

Current MPG is 15.5 average /w 13 city and 19-20 Highway.

I have a onboard MPH guage that tracks MPG useage and updates every other sec.(factory equipment) My question here is; will this be a measureing guage that I can use and rely on? My other question is does anyone else here have experance with this motor?

I will be documenting all footage from start to finish. Thanks and enjoy.
(to be updated soon)
07-21-2008 05:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
badsix Offline

RE: 2001 GMC 4.3 v6
moonreft Wrote:I have been a lurker for a few weeks here.

I have almost all my parts in line for my test subject. I am going for a classic Smacksbooster idea with some visual touches in place.

I am only lacking the nylon rod at this point, it is due to arrive from Florida sometime this week. (smallparts.com) I live in SoCal.

My housing as a end product is a SS container but for the prototype I am useing a glass jar /w SS lid. I have a set of 4 if this works right.

I already have 2 O2 extenders and plan on running with this out of the gate.

Current MPG is 15.5 average /w 13 city and 19-20 Highway.

I have a onboard MPH guage that tracks MPG useage and updates every other sec.(factory equipment) My question here is; will this be a measureing guage that I can use and rely on? My other question is does anyone else here have experance with this motor?

I will be documenting all footage from start to finish. Thanks and enjoy.
(to be updated soon)

hi, newbe here i to have been doing a lot of research but i have had problems where to find good info.. this forum looks great! anyway i'am wanting to put a booster on my 01 s10 4.3. so keep in touch i would like to know how yours works. my mpg is the same as yours, i have filled to the top of the filler drove 200 mi. fill to the top agin. mpg use to be with reg gas 20 now with ethanol i get 16.5 this is 90% hiway.
07-27-2008 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply