Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2002 Whipple Supercharged 6.0 Escalade
wiseaguy Offline

2002 Whipple Supercharged 6.0 Escalade
Mike,
I was hoping to pick your brain in regard to using the EFIE in conjunction with the Hydro Super 2 on a Whipple Supercharged 2002 6.0 Cadillac Escalade. It is my wifes daily driver, and has been customed tuned for optimal performance and mileage. I have yet to install the Hydro Super 2 as of yet, but I am somewhat concerned with this application with the EFIE, and the possibility of running to lean; melting a piston or other internal damage. I have 2 post cat O2 senors; 4 wire (2 black, 1 white, 1 blue). I was wondering if you would recommend your device for this particular application. Thanks Mike..

Wiseaguy
05-17-2008 11:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: 2002 Whipple Supercharged 6.0 Escalade
Tests have shown that the engine runs at maximum temperature when air/fuel mixtures are at stoic. Running leaner actually reduces temperatures, except at heavy load/wide open throttle applications. If your wife were to drive a lot at WOT than you could have a problem, with an EFIE installed. LOL!!

Here's a link: http://www.hydrogen-boost.com/june2004.html

wiseaguy Wrote:but I am somewhat concerned with this application with the EFIE, and the possibility of running to lean; melting a piston or other internal damage.

Wiseaguy
05-17-2008 11:57 AM
mike Offline

Well, you don't know. She might by Danica Patrick! Smile

wiseaguy, you won't burn up your pistons by putting in an EFIE. When you put in your HHO, it will cause the mix to be richer. The EFIE just brings it back to where it should be. The max air/fuel ratio change you'll achieve with an EFIE is not the type of lean condition that can cause that kind of damage anyway.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
05-17-2008 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

Thanks for the clarification.

mike Wrote:Well, you don't know. She might by Danica Patrick! Smile

wiseaguy, you won't burn up your pistons by putting in an EFIE. When you put in your HHO, it will cause the mix to be richer. The EFIE just brings it back to where it should be. The max air/fuel ratio change you'll achieve with an EFIE is not the type of lean condition that can cause that kind of damage anyway.
05-17-2008 03:54 PM
wiseaguy Offline

Much Oblige Gentlemen,
Looks like now I have no reason not to order one.. Thanks Again for your input..

Wiseaguy
05-19-2008 12:54 PM