Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2003 Chevy Suburban
Gene Caple Offline

2003 Chevy Suburban
Has anyone installed the EFIE on a 2003 Chevy Suburban. I got a wiring diagram from my mechanic that shows two signal wires - one high and one low. Also is there a diagram of the location of the wiring harness on the vehicle?
11-11-2008 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: 2003 Chevy Suburban
Hi Gene.

I find it easier to connect to the o2 wires under the hood, than to trace them out to the cab.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 11:11 AM
Gene Caple Offline

But how do you find the correct harness/wire under the hood - I don't know where to start.

colchiro Wrote:Hi Gene.

I find it easier to connect to the o2 wires under the hood, than to trace them out to the cab.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2008 12:52 PM by colchiro.)
11-11-2008 12:25 PM
colchiro Offline

Email Bruce and give him all the details of your vehicle if you don't know the wire. You'll find his email and the details here. That might take a day or two for him to get back to you. He's very busy. He can also confirm if you have a narrow band o2, the only kind compatible with an efie. The wide band version, the efie-2, should be available next month.

If you have the wire info and just can't find your o2's, start under the hood and follow the exhaust to the catalytic converter. At some point you'll find a sensor in your exhaust pipe or exhaust manifold with 4 wires coming out. If you have two exhaust pipes (like a V6 or V8), you'll probably have two sensors. On my Toyota, they were right in the front of the engine behind the radiator, sticking out the heat shield, easy to find, a little harder to remove.

You might also find the o2 sensor location here.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
11-11-2008 01:02 PM
cavediver520 Offline

Gene Caple Wrote:Has anyone installed the EFIE on a 2003 Chevy Suburban. I got a wiring diagram from my mechanic that shows two signal wires - one high and one low. Also is there a diagram of the location of the wiring harness on the vehicle?

Hi Gene Caple, I have a 2003 Silverado and ran across the same issue with my sensors a little checking and found out that the AC Delco O2 sensors have a purple wire as the sensor as far as i can tell. You should have two brown wires, a tan wire, and a purple wire. The diagram actuall said that the wire colors were black, pink, purple, and tan. Hope this helps. And by the way good look with your project, mine hasn't returned any promising results as of yet but i am not giving up.
11-16-2008 11:57 AM
srorex Offline

Gene,

The purple wire is the one you want.. You must also correct the MAP and MAF sensor before you will see any results on that engine.

Steve
12-08-2008 09:32 PM