Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2003 cummins turbo diesel
john cymbala Offline

2003 cummins turbo diesel
HI, newbee here.. I am intersted in a system for my truck. Ware do i start ? I am new to this tech but a am a quick study. I am in the auto industry 29 years. If it can be done, i can do it. My truck i built from a bare frame. It has 108,000 miles on it and i keep good fuel logs. It courently is detuned to 425 HP and 900 pounds of tq And i average over 17 mpg on 1000 mile runs. I would like to tinker with HHO to improve the air quality of the exhaust as well as if i get any fuel milage gains that would be a bonus. I run bio diesel win i can get it but suffer power and milage loss. Any impo on getting started would be good. JOHN

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-22-2008 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bw1 Offline

RE: 2003 cummins turbo diesel
Hi John I think you would be looking for an hho generator. You can either make your own or buy one. Goto ebay.com and search for 'hho generator' there's quite a few listed. I got the hydro super 2 but haven't got to testing so I won't recommend it. It did seem to be higher quality than some of the others I saw listed. There's also videos on youtube on the subject.

I don't think you will need an efie on a diesel but I'm not %100 on that. The efie is used to alter the signal sent from the o2 sensor to the ecu. Adding hho can sometimes cause the computer to richen the mixture as result of the o2 sensor sensing extra o2 in the exhaust thus negating any gains. Hope that helps a bit.

bw
05-22-2008 05:36 PM
john cymbala Offline

no o2 sencer...no cat...computer is only for fuel managment.
05-22-2008 07:12 PM
bw1 Offline

There's some discussion of using a magdrive brand hho unit in a cummins diesel here: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/altern...sults.html
05-22-2008 07:17 PM