Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2005 pontiac vibe
rekline Offline

2005 pontiac vibe
mike, I don't know if you have ever dealt with installation on a 2005 pontiac vibe but my o2 sensor reading are nothing close to those shown on install instructions.MAF adjuster off....o2 reads constant fluctuations between 5.5v-8v....MAF adjuster on set as lean as possible...o2 fluctuations between 4.5v-10v. The efie i have only reads a 0v-1v adjustment range which seems to make no difference at all for mileage maybe 2mpg. Can i use a ov- 5v pot or 10v pot for more voltage addition, any advice?
thanks
rick
07-18-2008 01:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ncmountainmadness Offline

RE: 2005 pontiac vibe
Rick,

I too am doing all of this on a 2005 Pontiac Vibe.

First, our Vibe's do not use a 02 sensor for the precat sensor, we use an AFR sensor. 02 sensors work in the .1-.9 vdc. AFR's work in the 3.0-3.9v dc range. This said, the old EFIE's will not work on AFR's. Now there is a fellow that claims to have a modified EFIE circuit that works on an AFR, but noone here as of yet has built one and proved or disproved its worth. If you will look under the sensor handling forum, you'll see quite a bit of talk about the topic.

To get VDC readings of 5.5-8V on your sensor you must be running HHO? think I saw somewhere that you were. Ive been HHO dabbling for about 10 years now. At present I have abandoned it until I can prove that I have 100% control of my sensors. If you cant control the sensors 100% then one never will be able to control the effects of HHO and all the cell production in the world wont do us any good. MPG Mike and his writing pretty much had it licked until these new AFR's starting poppin up. Now we have a new hill to climb. At presetn I do have 100% control of the IAT and the CTS, but still playing with the MAF. Playing as in I still feel it can possibley be done with simple resistance vs the Voltage reg approach.

Curious.....what type of circuitry are you using on YOUR vibe for the MAF?. I have tried the simple series resistance inline with the BLUE/WHITE EVG wire, but all this has proven is that its a great method of INCREASING the MAF singnal, not to reduce it.

At present I am running Fuel heat exchanger and Water vapor injection. Both DO enhance combustion as with both running and no mods my economy drops from about 32-36 mpg down to about 27-29. I see where you stated yours dropped to near 20 mpg with the HHO impressive!...that truly means you are making a large difference in combustion enhancement. But the sensors are wooping your back side. With only simple mods of IAT and CTS I am able to keep my economy at the original levels with my above stated CE's vs dropping with no mods. I am certain that if and when I perfect the MAF and AFR, just with what i have I should see a noticeable economy increase. If that be the case, Imagine what the HHO could do?

Ive sent you an email. Lets keep in touch as were both tinkering on the same model car?

Mike in Alabama.
07-19-2008 05:12 PM
Atom Offline

RE: 2005 pontiac vibe
ncmountainmadness Wrote:Rick,

I too am doing all of this on a 2005 Pontiac Vibe.

First, our Vibe's do not use a 02 sensor for the precat sensor, we use an AFR sensor. 02 sensors work in the .1-.9 vdc. AFR's work in the 3.0-3.9v dc range. This said, the old EFIE's will not work on AFR's. Now there is a fellow that claims to have a modified EFIE circuit that works on an AFR, but noone here as of yet has built one and proved or disproved its worth. If you will look under the sensor handling forum, you'll see quite a bit of talk about the topic.

To get VDC readings of 5.5-8V on your sensor you must be running HHO? think I saw somewhere that you were. Ive been HHO dabbling for about 10 years now. At present I have abandoned it until I can prove that I have 100% control of my sensors. If you cant control the sensors 100% then one never will be able to control the effects of HHO and all the cell production in the world wont do us any good. MPG Mike and his writing pretty much had it licked until these new AFR's starting poppin up. Now we have a new hill to climb. At presetn I do have 100% control of the IAT and the CTS, but still playing with the MAF. Playing as in I still feel it can possibley be done with simple resistance vs the Voltage reg approach.

Curious.....what type of circuitry are you using on YOUR vibe for the MAF?. I have tried the simple series resistance inline with the BLUE/WHITE EVG wire, but all this has proven is that its a great method of INCREASING the MAF singnal, not to reduce it.

At present I am running Fuel heat exchanger and Water vapor injection. Both DO enhance combustion as with both running and no mods my economy drops from about 32-36 mpg down to about 27-29. I see where you stated yours dropped to near 20 mpg with the HHO impressive!...that truly means you are making a large difference in combustion enhancement. But the sensors are wooping your back side. With only simple mods of IAT and CTS I am able to keep my economy at the original levels with my above stated CE's vs dropping with no mods. I am certain that if and when I perfect the MAF and AFR, just with what i have I should see a noticeable economy increase. If that be the case, Imagine what the HHO could do?

Ive sent you an email. Lets keep in touch as were both tinkering on the same model car?

Mike in Alabama.
Pontiac Vibe is a rebadged Toyota Matrix, there for it would have AFR instead of a O2 sensor.
07-22-2008 05:19 PM