Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2006 Sentra
wmwatkins Offline

Rolleyes 2006 Sentra
Just recently joined, thought I would relate my limited experience.
Built a smack booster and had trouble with warped plates shorting. Difficult drilling stainless. Rather than buy new plates I removed one set on each side and used doubles nylon washers between plates. I used one teaspoon of sodium hydroxide but had to cut it four times to get the current draw down. Did a test drive of 50.8 miles, topped off again (same gas station, same pump). Came out to 56 miles per gallon. Drove it back and forth to work for two days, topped off. Right back to 29 MPG. Have had the EFIE ordered from Eagle research since 7 June, still waiting. Ordered two more EFIE's from this site (out of stock). Must be all the interest, they cannot keep up. Anyway I am dead in the water till I get an EFIE. Today I thought I would put another electrolyzer in my motorcycle, and see what happens. No ECU computer on it.
07-08-2008 03:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wmwatkins Offline

RE: 2006 Sentra
Replying to my own post - The motorcycle idea did not work so well. I did experience better MPG but very modest, due to the limited battery capacity. Battery is only 17.5 AH, could not draw more than 10 amps without draining battery. Best improvement would be about 9 MPG. May experiment again later but for now I removed it. Eagle Research finally sent out an E-mail explaining the delay in my order. They have been swamped with orders and had to outsource production of the EFIE. Expected delivery is now mid August.
07-18-2008 03:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply