Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2006 ridgeline wideband
ridgeline man Offline

2006 ridgeline wideband
Hey eveyone, got a question. I'm trying to hook up my wideband o2s to a digital wideband efie on my 2006 ridgeline and would like some help. I've tried hooking up the wire that says iP on the wiring diagrame with no gain in mpg whatsoever. I then tried the one that says vs and I ended up grounding the o2 sensors and blew them up!! So, I'm back to the iP wire but would like to know how to INVERT the current to the sensor?? I need negative current to the iP op to reduce the 450mv constant volts that the PCM tries to maintain on the vs wire.
Thanks guys!
03-13-2015 02:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 2006 ridgeline wideband
First of all, I'm assuming you're using the wideband EFIE from FuelSaver-MPG.com or Dry-Cells.com. Most "widebnand" EFIEs from others don't actually handle current wires. But these do.

There should be wires marked with IP. "I" means current. They are always a pair. they may not be marked as such, but they usually are. Like "IP+" and "IP-". Something like that. If you measure them, one will be between .2 and .35 volts higher than the other. To cause the engine to get leaner, you connect to the higher voltage wire of the pair. To cause the engine to get richer, you connect the EFIE to the lower voltage of the pair. Now, note, all of this is covered better in the instructions, which are online at the 2 web sites.

I'm pretty sure you have another type of "wideband" EFIE. I can't imagine the EFIEs from fuelsaver blowing up an o2 sensor no matter what wire you connected to, as long as you were connecting to a wideband EFIE output port. Let me know if I'm wrong about that.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
03-17-2015 08:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply