Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2007 Honda Ridgeline HHO Setup
skiers4ever Offline

2007 Honda Ridgeline HHO Setup
Hi Everyone! I just installed the Hydro Super 2 in my 2007 Honda Ridgeline. Smile Really tight fit Sad but got it in there and it's working. I attached before and after pictures to this post. The Hydro Super 2 is built really well and the seller was very responsive to my questions (THANKS KEN!). Please let me know what you think and I'll post my MPG gain if there is any. I live at 10,000 feet so that might present some special issues to overcome...I don't know yet. The engine seems to be running good and no engine lights came on. Glenn got me some awesome wiring diagrams (THANKS GLENN!) and it appears that my Ridgeline does not have an Oxygen Sensor. Can anyone confirm? I do see an IAT Sensor on the intake manifold chamber in the diagrams. Does anyone know if that replaces the Oxygen sensor and, if so, is there anything I can buy to tweak it for better gas mileage? Anything else I can do? I'm starting with the instruction recommended mix of one teaspoon baking soda to one gallon of rain/distilled water. Let me know if I should change that but it appears to be producing lots of bubbles. All help appreciated. Thanks! John

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
05-21-2008 10:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jksav7 Offline

RE: 2007 Honda Ridgeline HHO Setup
You know, I still haven't found anyone who has one of these HydroSuper2 generators to actually perform an output test. Would you be the first? I would like to know if the advertised LPM output is realistic or exaggerated.

skiers4ever Wrote:Hi Everyone! I just installed the Hydro Super 2 in my 2007 Honda Ridgeline. Smile Really tight fit Sad but got it in there and it's working. I attached before and after pictures to this post. The Hydro Super 2 is built really well and the seller was very responsive to my questions (THANKS KEN!). Please let me know what you think and I'll post my MPG gain if there is any. I live at 10,000 feet so that might present some special issues to overcome...I don't know yet. The engine seems to be running good and no engine lights came on. Glenn got me some awesome wiring diagrams (THANKS GLENN!) and it appears that my Ridgeline does not have an Oxygen Sensor. Can anyone confirm? I do see an IAT Sensor on the intake manifold chamber in the diagrams. Does anyone know if that replaces the Oxygen sensor and, if so, is there anything I can buy to tweak it for better gas mileage? Anything else I can do? I'm starting with the instruction recommended mix of one teaspoon baking soda to one gallon of rain/distilled water. Let me know if I should change that but it appears to be producing lots of bubbles. All help appreciated. Thanks! John
05-22-2008 02:31 AM
skiers4ever Offline

jksav7 Wrote:You know, I still haven't found anyone who has one of these HydroSuper2 generators to actually perform an output test. Would you be the first? I would like to know if the advertised LPM output is realistic or exaggerated.

skiers4ever Wrote:Hi Everyone! I just installed the Hydro Super 2 in my 2007 Honda Ridgeline. Smile Really tight fit Sad but got it in there and it's working. I attached before and after pictures to this post. The Hydro Super 2 is built really well and the seller was very responsive to my questions (THANKS KEN!). Please let me know what you think and I'll post my MPG gain if there is any. I live at 10,000 feet so that might present some special issues to overcome...I don't know yet. The engine seems to be running good and no engine lights came on. Glenn got me some awesome wiring diagrams (THANKS GLENN!) and it appears that my Ridgeline does not have an Oxygen Sensor. Can anyone confirm? I do see an IAT Sensor on the intake manifold chamber in the diagrams. Does anyone know if that replaces the Oxygen sensor and, if so, is there anything I can buy to tweak it for better gas mileage? Anything else I can do? I'm starting with the instruction recommended mix of one teaspoon baking soda to one gallon of rain/distilled water. Let me know if I should change that but it appears to be producing lots of bubbles. All help appreciated. Thanks! John

I might be the first (other than the seller of course), not sure. I haven't read any other postings that anyone has actually tested the output of this unit. Unfortunately, there are varied opinions on how to test output. I'll read (and watch) more about it and try to figure out a decent way to do it without spending tons of money and time. I'll post my results once I understand it better.

If anyone has a cheap and easy way that the majority can agree on, please let me know.

John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
05-22-2008 09:55 AM
ahsem1972 Offline

I left a thread called measuring hydrogen I teated the way someone told me. I could get 3oz in 30sec at 12 amp not sure if thats good or not thats doing the inverted bottle test
05-24-2008 05:57 PM
colchiro Offline

Timed displacement of the water in an inverted bottle in a pail of water, is the accepted standard.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-24-2008 06:11 PM
jksav7 Offline

Yes, the inverted bottle method is the standard. It works well. Here's a youtube video with the Smack using this method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwMiIHieTQ0

I feel it's important to get some hard numbers on these new cells hitting the market. I personally feel many of them have production numbers stated by the manufacturer that are way exaggerated. So, I'm eager for those who have the hydrosuper2 to test it's output.

skiers4ever Wrote:I might be the first (other than the seller of course), not sure. I haven't read any other postings that anyone has actually tested the output of this unit. Unfortunately, there are varied opinions on how to test output. I'll read (and watch) more about it and try to figure out a decent way to do it without spending tons of money and time. I'll post my results once I understand it better.

If anyone has a cheap and easy way that the majority can agree on, please let me know.

John
05-24-2008 06:27 PM
KS Silverado Offline

jksav7 Wrote:Yes, the inverted bottle method is the standard. It works well. Here's a youtube video with the Smack using this method:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwMiIHieTQ0

I feel it's important to get some hard numbers on these new cells hitting the market. I personally feel many of them have production numbers stated by the manufacturer that are way exaggerated. So, I'm eager for those who have the hydrosuper2 to test it's output.

I talked to Ken Smith today of HydroFuel Solutions, the maker of the Hydro Super 2 that skiers4ever is running, and he said that it produces 2LPM in lab conditions and the Double produces 4LPM. He said that they worked with OSU (OKState maybe?) to test the Hydro Super 2 on engines running in a lab, in a controlled environment with a Hobbs flow meter. This product will not produce the same amount of HHO sitting on a bench as it will hooked to a running engine. It's completely different, you can't compare those two scenarios. I don't personally own one, hopefully soon, but I believe him. He also said you need about 1 LPM of HHO for each Liter of engine displacement. So, anything over a 4L motor, needs a double. Then it's up to you to trick your computer into controlling the injectors appropriately, whatever that may be.
05-29-2008 04:45 PM
Pat Offline

I got the super hydro single. It is well made, but it doesn't put out the rated amount by the inverted bucket test. So Ken measures it with a vacuum draw by the engine, and as you all know, nobody but a lab can measure it that way. I get about 1 liter in 2 minutes with the common and easy to replicate method. I am using KOH as the catalyst. I put it on my 2L small car engine and am waiting for the EFIE. Pat
05-29-2008 06:37 PM
KS Silverado Offline

Thanks for the info, I know we all want to hear how it works for you. I don't want to discredit you, I just wanted to say that the testing procedure is different. I do plan on purchasing a super 2 double and would like to know if they do in fact under-produce. That may change my mind on the super2. Especially if Ken Smith thinks that you need about 1LPM per Liter displaced by the motor. My motor is too big for a product that under-produces, I feel. (5.3L chevy)
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2008 07:22 PM by KS Silverado.)
05-29-2008 07:20 PM
Pat Offline

Magdrive makes a really big unit, also big bucks. You might look at it. Pat
05-30-2008 11:01 AM