Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2007 Honda Ridgeline One Month Anniversary
skiers4ever Offline

2007 Honda Ridgeline One Month Anniversary
I've had my Hydro Super 2 installed (no EFIE or Extender) for one month now on my '07 Ridgeline V-6 3.5L and I'm very pleased.

** Here are my results (Overall is about 85% rural town driving, 15% highway):

Before: Overall 18.4 MPG (20,387 miles and 1105.77 gallons of Regular Unleaded)

After HHO Gen Installed: Overall 20.5 MPG (1180 Miles at the speed limit on 57.6 gallons of Regular Unleaded)

** Here's a further breakdown based on the different mixes (overall is about 85% rural town/15% highway):

Overall 21.6 MPG using Baking Soda, Peroxide, Vinegar, Snow-Melt Mix (574 Miles on 26.6 gallons of Regular Unleaded)

Overall 19.5 MPG using NaOH/Distilled Water Mix (606 Miles on 31 gallons of Regular Unleaded)

** Not enough tests to break each mix down by city and highway MPG but here it is both mixes combined.

Before:
In my rural town I averaged 17.5 MPG (under 20 mile trips typical)
On the highway I averaged 21.3 MPG

After HHO Gen Installed:
In my rural town I averaged 19.6 MPG (short trips...Gen hardly has time to warm up...still not bad)
On the highway I averaged 26.4 MPG (really good!...unfortunately I don't do alot of highway driving)

I haven't gotten the NaOH mix right yet...still working on it. It appears that I start off pretty good but as the Amps/Temp increase and more HHO is produced, my MPG goes way down. One test I did for 67 miles I got 37.2 MPG (mostly downhill/flat driving...Gen started out cold at 6 Amps). On the way back the same route the same day, I got 18.8 MPG with Gen hot 9 Amps climbing to 12 Amps at the end of the trip (64 miles...3 mile difference in mileage due to a stop that I made to have lunch at a nearby restaurant on the first part of the trip). Of course, the 64 miles were mostly uphill/flat driving, but 18.8 seems awfully low (with the baking soda mix I did a 88 mile uphill/flat trip and got 23.8 MPG). However, averaging the round trip at 28 MPG highway...it's pretty AWESOME!

My guess is that the computer is detecting too much O2 and is pumping more fuel in. I need an EFIE and/or Extender I think. Waiting for some answers to see what I need and I'll purchase and try one or both out.

I don't want to switch back to the baking soda mix due to how dark it gets and solids forming. Like the NaOh better. I'm thinking of trying KOH. Might try that later.

I believe I can do better and will keep trying. My next results posting will be on my 2nd month anniversary.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me! Please feel free to critique and offer suggestions.

I truly appreciate it!
John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2008 04:19 PM by skiers4ever.)
06-21-2008 03:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
visek Offline

RE: 2007 Honda Ridgeline One Month Anniversary
Differences on that round trip might have been alternator load...higher amps...and greater throttle opening...some hills?

There can be subtle differences in how you drive...you can take advantage of the extra power from HHO...or better mpg?
06-24-2008 04:33 AM
skiers4ever Offline

visek Wrote:Differences on that round trip might have been alternator load...higher amps...and greater throttle opening...some hills?

There can be subtle differences in how you drive...you can take advantage of the extra power from HHO...or better mpg?

Thanks visek! I read in another post about higher amp draw as well. I'm thinking you're right. I'm almost ready to order an EFIE...just waiting on an email to verify what I have. I think I can use the extra HHO. If not, I'll try some other ideas.

I'm happy with my initial results though. I know if I stuck with baking soda I would have posted better results. But I decided to switch to NaOH in the middle. At least I'm showing an improvement without using an EFIE or an Extender, which was my initial goal...many have showed no improvement or a loss. Now I can proceed from there!

Thanks again,
John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-24-2008 06:02 PM
HANK1948 Offline

So in the month of running it, how often have you added water?
Also have you needed to flush it often?
06-25-2008 08:10 AM
skiers4ever Offline

HANK1948 Wrote:So in the month of running it, how often have you added water?
Also have you needed to flush it often?

Every other fill-up...about 3 times (about 8 ounces of distilled water each time). I've only flushed it once...after switching from the baking soda mix to the NaOH mix. I've been running the NaOH mix for about 3 weeks now. I don't think I'll need to clean the unit for another 2 months at the way it looks now. I'll let you know though if that changes.

John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-25-2008 10:38 AM
Robert Ameigh Offline

visek Wrote:Differences on that round trip might have been alternator load...higher amps...and greater throttle opening...some hills?

You might also try using a PWM to have better control of the amperage rate also.Pulse width modulator
06-25-2008 08:52 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Thanks Bob. I want to try adjusting the sensor(s) first. But, afterward, I will consider all other options. Take care, John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-26-2008 09:34 AM
skiers4ever Offline

BY GEORGE, I THINK I GOT IT!!!

Just a quick update on my mix (if everyone recalls, I changed my mix from baking soda to NaOH and I just couldn't get it quite right...No Extender or EFIE or anything...just the Hydro Super 2). I think I finally found the right mix as I just got 29.1 MPG in my rural area!!!

I'm using 1/6 teaspoon of NaOH and 6 ounces of rubbing alcohol to 64 ounces of rain water. (Why rubbing alcohol??!?...I have no idea...I'm only using it because wulfram is using it. Since he did so good with his mix, I thought I would try it.) It started out a 3 amps cold and got to 7 amps after about 45 minutes. After the memory from the previous 1/8 teaspoon mix went away (a couple of days after the 1/6 teaspoon mix), I'm now at about 5.5 amps cold going to 9 amps after about 30 minutes. Within seconds it starts producing bubbles and after 3 minutes...lots of bubbles, after 10 minutes...plenty of foam but not enough to go into the tube.

So far, this NaOH mix has worked the best for me. I do mostly short drives...very rarely do I make long highway trips. I'll be doing a highway run (about 200 miles) this Sunday so I'll find out if this mix does well on the highway too. We'll see.

John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
07-02-2008 02:25 PM
tjh566 Offline
HydroCrazy

Alot of good info here, keep it up Smile
07-02-2008 03:33 PM
visek Offline

skiers4ever Wrote:I'm using 1/6 teaspoon of NaOH and 6 ounces of rubbing alcohol to 64 ounces of rain water. (Why rubbing alcohol??!?...I have no idea...I'm only using it because wulfram is using it. Since he did so good with his mix, I thought I would try it.) It started out a 3 amps cold and got to 7 amps after about 45 minutes. After the memory from the previous 1/8 teaspoon mix went away (a couple of days after the 1/6 teaspoon mix), I'm now at about 5.5 amps cold going to 9 amps after about 30 minutes. Within seconds it starts producing bubbles and after 3 minutes...lots of bubbles, after 10 minutes...plenty of foam but not enough to go into the tube.

So far, this NaOH mix has worked the best for me. I do mostly short drives...very rarely do I make long highway trips. I'll be doing a highway run (about 200 miles) this Sunday so I'll find out if this mix does well on the highway too. We'll see.

John

I'm using 91% rubbing alcohol plus some top lube as a gas additive (+10%) and am now test along with HHO.

By putting it in the generator...you make the generator act partially as a vapor injector? Problem is....I THINK at least...that the alcohol is the first to leave the mix...haven't verified this though.

That's around a 58% gain...good work!
07-03-2008 04:17 AM