Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2007 Ridgeline Sensor Help!?!??!
skiers4ever Offline

2007 Ridgeline Sensor Help!?!??!
According to the schematics I have, my Ridgeline has a MAP, IAT, two HO2S, two ECT, Front and Rear A/F sensors. I've been told I don't have to do anything to the two HO2S sensors...does everyone agree.

I think I need to adjust the MAP and maybe the A/F sensors, then maybe the IAT.

Does anyone know? I'm not very mechanically inclined so if there is something pre-built I can buy to handle the MAP, then the A/F, then the IAT, please let me know?

Please help...Mike, qsiguy, Colchiro, jksav7, wulfram, anyone? I'm ready to take the next step after the gain with my HHO gen but I'm just not sure how to proceed.

Thanks,
John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2008 08:14 PM by skiers4ever.)
06-26-2008 08:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 2007 Ridgeline Sensor Help!?!??!
You need to treat oxygen sensors upstream of the catalytic converter. All configurations that I've seen that use a mix of AFR and O2 sensors use the O2 sensors downstream and the AFR sensors upstream. If this matches your config (probably), you don't need to treat the o2 sensors.

You should definitely do the MAP/MAF (whichever one you have), and the IAT, and maybe the CTS too. These will get you a long way toward getting your gains from your HHO.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-30-2008 07:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skiers4ever Offline

mike Wrote:You need to treat oxygen sensors upstream of the catalytic converter. All configurations that I've seen that use a mix of AFR and O2 sensors use the O2 sensors downstream and the AFR sensors upstream. If this matches your config (probably), you don't need to treat the o2 sensors.

You should definitely do the MAP/MAF (whichever one you have), and the IAT, and maybe the CTS too. These will get you a long way toward getting your gains from your HHO.

Thanks Mike! I'll try adjusting the MAP first unless you think I should try the IAT first. Will your EFIE handle the MAP? If not, do you have anything (or know where I can get one) pre-made that will adjust the sensors? I saw on your Tuning for Mileage Doc what I need to build but I'm not very inclined in that area. But, I'm willing to try if you don't know of anywhere I can buy it pre-built.

I'm sure I have a Coolant Temperature Sensor, but I can't find it on my schematics. Could it be called something else?

Thanks again,
John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-30-2008 09:55 AM
mike Offline

MAF is the most important to adjust, then CTS or IAT. Yes, it can be called something else. Tell me what it's called if you find out, and I'll add it to my http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/abbrev.html page.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-30-2008 11:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
skiers4ever Offline

Thanks Mike. I take it that the EFIE won't work with my MAP or IAT (or CTS for that matter). I'll do my best to make the device in your docs. Appreciate the support!! John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-30-2008 11:22 AM
skiers4ever Offline

mike Wrote:MAF is the most important to adjust, then CTS or IAT. Yes, it can be called something else. Tell me what it's called if you find out, and I'll add it to my http://www.fuelsaver-mpg.com/doc/abbrev.html page.

Mike, The Ridgeline has two ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) Sensors. You already have it in your page...I didn't see it. Gasp Both are at the rear of the engine and Sensor 1 is on top of the water passage. I guess I would have to adjust both of them if I was to do so? The IAT Sensor is between the two ECTs. John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
06-30-2008 02:10 PM
mike Offline

skiers4ever Wrote:Mike, The Ridgeline has two ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) Sensors. You already have it in your page...I didn't see it. Gasp Both are at the rear of the engine and Sensor 1 is on top of the water passage. I guess I would have to adjust both of them if I was to do so? The IAT Sensor is between the two ECTs. John

Yes, you should do both ECTs and the IAT. Just get some pots from Radio Shack that will adjust in the range of values that's recommended in the article. If you have a scangauge you can dial them in very nicely because you can see the new "water temp" as you change the pot's value.

And to reply to your previous post: No, you can't use an EFIE for these. Well, actually you could use an EFIE for dialing in the voltage of the input to less than 5 volts (one of the 2 types of MAP handling). But it's kind of like using an elephant gun to shoot a flea. The simple voltage regulator circuit is much cheaper and will do just as well.

Visit Our Documents Page
07-02-2008 09:52 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Thanks Mike. Will try the MAP first, then the two ECTs and finally the IAT. I would love to get a scanguage...just can't afford it right now. Happy 4th! John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
07-03-2008 10:29 AM
mike Offline

How can you afford lift tickets when you can't even afford a Scangauge!!

Never mind... I figured it out: I guess it's like eating. You have to eat. You have to have lift tickets. You don't necessarily have to have a scangauge in order to survive.

Is that about right? Big Grin

Visit Our Documents Page
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2008 02:37 PM by mike.)
07-04-2008 02:36 PM
skiers4ever Offline

mike Wrote:How can you afford lift tickets when you can't even afford a Scangauge!!

Never mind... I figured it out: I guess it's like eating. You have to eat. You have to have lift tickets. You don't necessarily have to have a scangauge in order to survive.

Is that about right? Big Grin

You're right Mike! Too funny!! Unfortunately, can't afford lift tickets either...they just keep going up. Thank God for the Buddy Pass...lets me ski at 3 resorts all I want for one price. Now...if I can just find the time... My wife is getting pissed at me for spending so much time on this forum. I better lay off of it for a couple of days and show her some attention or she might become like HHO and blow up... at me! LOL!!! John

Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
07-05-2008 01:09 PM