Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23% increase that seems to be consistiant now
sax88player Offline

Smile 23% increase that seems to be consistiant now
1996 Toyota Tercel
Rated to get ~38 mpg freeway
With the hydrogen and no EFIE I am consistently getting ~47-50 mpg @ 55 mph on the freeway.

So overall, i am happy with a 23% increase in milage. Figuring i usually spend around 600 dollars a year on gas, I am saving ~150 bucks a year...

So I am very happy Smile

Thank you to everyone who's helped me in this forum!

~Cory
05-17-2009 02:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: 23% increase that seems to be consistiant now
Congrats.

Out of curiosity, have you measured your output? How many amps?

Mike has said he believe that an efie would improve h2 results. Have you tried one?

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-17-2009 07:12 PM
sax88player Offline

RE: 23% increase that seems to be consistiant now
It is producing a liter about every minute and 15 seconds give or take at 12-15 amps... I haven't done a bunch of measurements yet. I am going to be getting some potassium hydroxide from the chemistry department here on my college campus, and I want to do some back to back comparison tests. Then I will really have an idea what I'm working with.

And in regards to an EFIE, I kind of just took a break from trying to figure out where to adjust it. I seems like it doesn't make much of a difference. I know it is hooked up right because when I first put it it, I had it all of the way up to 400 millivolts just to see what would happen, and my car had like no power and I eventually thew the o2 sensor code. Do you have any great suggestions for me?

On a side note. My room mate has a 93 geo prizm 1.8 liter, and he has an exact replica of my generator that we built, and he is getting in the 50's for mpg w/o an EFIE. I honestly think that that little bit of extra hp he has over my 1.5 liter motor is giving him an advantage on the mpg numbers... and since he is pre OBD2 port thing... (pre 96). just a thought.
05-17-2009 07:49 PM
colchiro Offline

RE: 23% increase that seems to be consistent now
Sorry, I have no magic answers for you.

You already have a consistent average so about all you could do would be to try 150mv and 250mv and see if your mileage changes and go from there.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
05-18-2009 12:56 PM