Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3.3L. Caravan. CLoser to 100% Gain. 15to27mpg
howiemandel Offline

3.3L. Caravan. CLoser to 100% Gain. 15to27mpg
Ok been a lurker here for a while and got started last week on a gen and install. Running 2 gens, both 3plates in each, pos.nuet.neg. Each gen. gets alittle over 1 liter a minute using the liter in the bucket method. SO its not scientific, but close enough. For testing purposes, i have no in line fuse, no relay, no bubbler, no nothing, just 2 gens. I know i shouldnt. but i did. Been doing this all week and last.
Anyways. I still have 1 to 2 more tests to do before making my setup, lets say, professional in design and install.
Final Testing Results:
99Grand Caravan, (pos) 3.3 liter
2 Generators, 3 plates in each. No bubbler.
MPG BEFORE. COnstant 15 miles per gallon. Thing sucks gas like crazy.
MPG AFTER. Or i should say currently as im still testing theories and the like..... 24-25MPG. Thats highway and city combo. I live in the east. Thats what? almost 69% increase. Im happy. Im always around that in the last 3 test, but gaining 1 or 2 mpgs everytime. I got 1 more idea that i believe firmly will pump it up another 2 or 3 mpgs.
Will keep updated.
Thanks, Howie.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2008 08:32 AM by howiemandel.)
07-09-2008 01:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
howiemandel Offline

RE: 3.3L Dodge Caravan, POSITIVE test results.
Ok. Wraped the 02 sensor behind cat. with tinfoil. FINALLY got the check engine light on. Came on fairly quickly though. I think the mileage went up 2-3 mpgs per gallon, however its too early to tell as I had to top counting miles because of the folks in my car. ( i unhooked the gens while giving these folks a ride). So... i dont know yet.
Mix 2 Tablespoons of NOAH in 1 Gallon of Distilled Water. Works great thus far. 100 miles, and water is mildly brown, very mildly brown. Tap water in gen 1 with NOAH is not in good shape. Very brown. Over 200 miles on it.
Still testing some things, but aim to get this thing close to 30MPG just on HHO setup(s).
Keep in mind, i didnt check air pressures, havnt changed oil. Tune up? whats that?
This is a piece of junk van, that is being used to test only. After I get all I think i can out of the HHO. I will do a full tune up-oil change and report that as well.
07-10-2008 10:30 AM
danielito2000 Offline

what kind of set up do you have, anny mod in the o2 sensor ?

I have a 05 chyrsler van , try to figure out because no miles gain.
07-10-2008 12:30 PM
howiemandel Offline

danielito2000 Wrote:what kind of set up do you have, anny mod in the o2 sensor ?

I have a 05 chyrsler van , try to figure out because no miles gain.
No 02 sensor installed. Never came on, till I put tin foil on it yesterday. Lit up quickly. Tin foil possibly gave me 2 more mpg.
Giving me a possible 10 to 12 mpg gain, per mpg. Doubtful, more testing needed.
Setup:
2 gens. 3 plates per gen, in a POS/NEUT/NEG configuration.
One Gen hooked up to Vacuum at the throttle body.
Gen Two, hooked up to air filter box, gravity.....
Distilled water/NOAh. this setup gives me 8-10 mpg extra, faithfully thus far. Almost a 70% gain. Thats pretty awesume.
However... Im gonna go with the 2 generators hooked up into the throttle body, as I believe thats the way to go. Atmospheric hookups suck.
07-10-2008 02:47 PM
howiemandel Offline

Ok New Results. Using the 2 gens-(mason jars) I received 12 mpg per each 4 gallons burned ! wheee. Again, tires are out of wack, im sure each of the 4 tires have all different pressures, and im sure at least 1 might even be dangerous. Far as I know the spark plugs are original. (99 dodge caravan). I say these things, because this is the test vehical im using. Heck. When im done testing the thing is going to local junkyard.
Anyways. Im sure with a tune-up and proper air pressures and driving somewhat moderately, (i also drive it like i stole it) i could attain my 100% gain in mileage.
Again, Mileage per Gallon Before HHO Testing. 15 -always.
Mileage per Gallon After HHO Testing. 27. 1 run. So, its not tested fully. Just attained that. However on 4 seperate runs, I always got 7-8 mpg plus more with each run because of new ideas implemented.
I was a skeptic. But said wth, i need a hobby anyways. This stuff works, and anyone saying it doesnt, dont know what they are talking about, period.
Heck, my first run, not knowing a hole in ground from an, as...ahh well you know, i got 5 mpg increase. I even ran it again, without hho hookups, and got the 5 mpg gained, lost. So i gained 5mpg from the hho, water vapor, or whatever. But got the gain. And like I said, i have almost attained a 100% gain. All from this forum and my own ideas.
Thanks guys.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2008 08:17 AM by howiemandel.)
07-11-2008 08:14 AM
howiemandel Offline

[quote=ocpd426]
[quote=howiemandel] Wow I wish I had that type of results on my Durango 3 jar 02 extenders & map sensor enhancer

Is the Durango a v8? Im curious.
Tonight im building new jars. Same setup, however, installing a vacuum regulator, so to speak in the jars. Both jars will exit the gas into some copper tube, (new) and go around the intake manifold then back into the intake. Idea is to heat that gas up and get it really active. Its just a theory, however wulfram is doing it, with success, so, im doing it tonight as well. My mindset is another 2 to 3 miles per gallon, taking me to 100% mileage increase and or above that.
After that, if it works or stays at the 90% some increase, im gonna put a home made fuel heater onto the regular gas line to help that along. From what im reading, 2 to 4 miles per gallon is fairly common increase with that mod. Hell, i could end up with 35 mpg grand caravan.
If you have read this far, i just wanna say that, i tried to do it via airbox only, and seriously guys, vacuum is the way to do this for bigger gains. Thats my opinion, anyways, and what has worked with my van. This weekend, Dodge Hemi half ton is gonna take the plunge. that should be intresting.
07-11-2008 03:25 PM
HHOHemi Offline

RE: 3.3L. Caravan. CLoser to 100% Gain. 15to27mpg
Howie,
Could you post your results on the Dodge Hemi HHO setup when you get a chance? I am working on my 2007 Dodge 1500 Hemi 5.7L Mega Cab (14 MPG City) at this time and will post my results.

Right now, I have four W4G jars connected to a bubbler T'd into my brake vaccum hose (because it is the only vaccum line that is visible on this motor). I have all four O2 sensors covered with tin foil. No change. Tried a MAP enhancer that I built...no change...a lot of CELs though. I tried a MAP enhancer my buddy made and works on his Tacoma....still no change....except for the CELs....LOL. I'll be doing leak checks today and will post what I find.

Good luck!
07-12-2008 05:33 AM
cheapfuel Offline

I assume by NAOH you mean NaOH (sodium hydrocide...lye). How far apart are your plates? and do you know how much current you are drawing?
07-12-2008 06:15 AM
Gary Offline

I want to say congrats on the improvements. But as an advocate, I expect that the government and insurance companies are just waiting for an excuse to outlaw modifications to our vehicles, even if they can save the planet. They will do this easily as soon as a few guys like you get slammed in the face with an exploding generator, leak caustic material out of the vehicle, or whatever.
You should have a bubbler, and you know it by now.
You should have an amp gauge to monitor for runaways.
Mountings should be secure and strong; a point missed by many.
There should be a circuit breaker and a relay for obvious reasons.
There should be a cutoff switch in reach of the driver.
I know it's easy to get excited and rush ahead, but one pop and you'll wish you had done a bit more work. The other problem is project completion. Once something is installed and working; the temptation to procrastinate is huge. A complete system is going to be way more enjoyable than worrying about things going wrong down the road. And we don't need any bad press: we have enough unbelievers out there as is.
07-12-2008 06:42 AM
zipster Offline

Howie,
Could you post a photo of you cells? Great results! I have a 05 Grand Caravan and am building a smacks booster. Will post results.
07-12-2008 10:06 AM