Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3.3L. Caravan. CLoser to 100% Gain. 15to27mpg
Gomelesose Offline

RE: 3.3L. Caravan. CLoser to 100% Gain. 15to27mpg
HHOHemi Wrote:Right now, I have four W4G jars connected to a bubbler T'd into my brake vaccum hose (because it is the only vaccum line that is visible on this motor). I have all four O2 sensors covered with tin foil. No change.

Make sure you have no leaks where the hydrogen can get out of the fittings, or out from under the chessy plastic lid on those jars. Best way to check is to put the output hose in water and make sure you are getting bubbles.

howiemandel-- I have a 3.3 caravan that I want to convert next after my truck. I am encouraged by your results. I would be happy to see some pictures.

Gomelesose
07-12-2008 12:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CitatioN10 Offline

Why are more people running 2 generators with 3 cells , vs 1 generator with 6 cells ?
07-12-2008 04:44 PM
Gary Offline

HHOHemi Wrote:Howie,
Could you post your results on the Dodge Hemi HHO setup when you get a chance? I am working on my 2007 Dodge 1500 Hemi 5.7L Mega Cab (14 MPG City) at this time and will post my results.

Right now, I have four W4G jars connected to a bubbler T'd into my brake vaccum hose (because it is the only vaccum line that is visible on this motor). I have all four O2 sensors covered with tin foil. No change. Tried a MAP enhancer that I built...no change...a lot of CELs though. I tried a MAP enhancer my buddy made and works on his Tacoma....still no change....except for the CELs....LOL. I'll be doing leak checks today and will post what I find.

Good luck!

I just caught this and have the same problem on our Toy. I thought it was a strict NO-NO to use the brake vacuum line. And I'd imagine that goes DOUBLE for a W4G unit that sucks in air from outside, relieving vacuum pressure that is supposed to be STOPPING THE VEHICLE. Anyway, I did try the PVC line, but it has WAY too much suction and tries to evacuate the unit of electrolyte. Going into the intake behind the air filter seems to be the only option.
07-12-2008 05:26 PM
jrmalin Offline

Gary, you might try teeing into the pcv and putting a small valve between the hho generator and the tee, that way you can throttle the feed to the vac line . just a thought ...
07-12-2008 07:36 PM
visek Offline

howiemandel Wrote:Final Testing Results:
99Grand Caravan, (pos) 3.3 liter
2 Generators, 3 plates in each. No bubbler.
MPG BEFORE. COnstant 15 miles per gallon. Thing sucks gas like crazy.
MPG AFTER. Or i should say currently as im still testing theories and the like..... 24-25MPG. Thats highway and city combo. I live in the east.

I looked up your van at the EPA...looks like 18 mpg mixed. So 25 mpg is a good 38% gain from that.

You should at least put a bubbler in the line going to the engine. That and wear some goggles....and maybe an old leather flyboy helmet? :-)

Just kidding. I'm jealous of your gains.

Plus a kill switch...and source your current from the ignition switch?

If you allow a slight air bleed into one jar...it will keep the water from your bubbler from being sucked back into the cells.

Keep on testing...but try to do it safe?
07-13-2008 05:48 AM
howiemandel Offline

Removed a cell. installed bubbler. installed copper tube. Heating up mixture after bubbler. installed relay, inline fuse, and a toggle switch. The cells arent installed bullet proof as far as fixtured into the car, but they aint going nowheres either. So all the folks worried should be fine now.
Also, after a 50 mile drive, i can put my hand on the generator, (mason jar) and leave it there for a long time. Its warm just not real hot.
Removing cell has not effected mileage. Still getting 12 mpgs gain.
Here is what i believe is going on. Im getting HHo production burning and water vapor. 2 things goin on giving me a better mpg gain then most people. I also think I have (not my idea) one of the best SS plate designs goin.
They are wal-mart, stainless steel condoment cups. they are 97 cents for 4. You stack them up, spaced of course, and use 3, one pos, one nuet, one negative. If anyone is reading this and is wishing they could produce more gas, get to walmart, buy these cups. You'll be happy. Household section, where the spatulas, salt pepper shakers and such are. Easy to find and cheap.
Also, vacuum. I went to just pipeing the stuff into the airbox. I noticed a decrease in mileage from my 12mpg gain, immediatly. How much? dont care, switched back asap. Also, as said before, the vacuum will keep your generator COOL.
I will update this post as I change things. As of right now, I think the system I have is perfect, except for the mason jars. I just dont like the idea of glass there. But, they are decent to work with thats for sure. Quick.
My wifes montana gets 22 mpg repeatedly. Im gonna put my system on her car, (take half hour if) and report the gains. If she can get 34 mpgs, then im at a loss for how i can improve on what im doing. So any advice or tips here, would be good. ALSO, did remove the tin foil on the os sensor. No light, and didnt notice iincrease or decrease with it on.
07-13-2008 07:01 PM
CheezWiz Offline

Cool design idea. Did you copy that or come up with it yourself?
07-13-2008 07:12 PM
howiemandel Offline

CheezWiz Wrote:Cool design idea. Did you copy that or come up with it yourself?

I said in my post that is was not my design. Im not gonna pull any punches. Course I'd love to say it was mine. However, those cups, have some serious coverage. One tip, if you drill 3 holes in the bottom of each cup, the water circulates and holy mother of mary, its unreal. I built my first one, and it bubbled great. Built another with the 3 holes and it was 2x better. 3 holes because>>>
I used the middle hole and ran a plastic screw through it. First one positive. put 2 plastic nuts down on that first one. One to tighten up the first cup, the second to "space" the second cup you slide down on the screw, for the nuetral one. 2 more nuts, and slide your negative down on it. Minus the drillin, you got like a nice 4 minute put together. And you'll freak with when you start it up.
07-13-2008 07:39 PM
Gary Offline

I went to Wally World with a magnet and it stuck vehemently to ALL the SS stuff in there, so I didn't get anything, not wanting to have to rebuild it in a year or so or less. But if it's something easy to swap out, who cares? Depends on the cell design I guess.
You fixed the dangers: good for you! Doesn't it feel better now? I know I do!
07-13-2008 07:40 PM
howiemandel Offline

In conjunction with whats going on, im gonna put some HEET into my system as soon as I wake up in the morning.
Try it in the gen, and or try it in the bubbler.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2008 07:50 PM by howiemandel.)
07-13-2008 07:42 PM