Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3.3L. Caravan. CLoser to 100% Gain. 15to27mpg
hg2 Offline

RE: 3.3L. Caravan. CLoser to 100% Gain. 15to27mpg
HMMMMMM!!!!!! Howie sounds like you can win the $1m HHO challenge(http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:&...l_Website) with no problem.All you need is 25% mpg improvement and the million bux is yours.

(This post was last modified: 07-19-2009 03:06 AM by hg2.)
07-18-2009 07:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Llew Offline

(07-18-2009 07:56 PM)hg2 Wrote:  
(07-12-2008 10:06 AM)zipster Wrote:  Howie,
Could you post a photo of you cells? Great results! I have a 05 Grand Caravan and am building a smacks booster. Will post results.

HMMMMMM!!!!!! Howie sounds like you can win the $1m HHO challenge(http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:&...l_Website) with no problem.All you need is 25% mpg improvement and the million bux is yours.SOOOOO whatcha waiting for.

Back to vacuum systems. If you expose a any tank to enough vacuum, it will collapse inwards.
So on my system I will have an air bleed, similar to compensating jets on a carburettor. Of course it will be a manual adjustment, trail and error.
That's the way LPG works, a compensating demand valve can be made from a bottle gas regulator. 40 years ago, I was running my car on LPG vapour take off. Had two cylinders-and would change over when one froze. Worked good.
A vacuum gauge fitted to the injection system, would be a good indicator of the air fuel mix.
I have been delayed, assembling my HHO generator. Hope to do it next week.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2009 02:26 AM by Llew.)
07-19-2009 02:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jes Offline

Hello, been lurking here for some time now and found this thread exremely interesting. I have a 1995 plymouth voyager 3.0 and am slowly modifying it to use HHO. here is the system i have installed so far, click the link and goto hho videos, he uses condiment cups also from wally world and claims his system works with no engine mods. http://www.searcypress.com/
Now i am wanting to diviate from that see if i can't improve on it.
I also have installed 60 watts of solar on the roof of the van to help make up for the losses caused by the Hydrogen system.
Haven't had time to actually get any mileage tests yet.
Thanks
2009 nissan cube 1995 plymouth voyager
JES
07-19-2009 12:56 PM
dingo Offline

(07-19-2009 12:56 PM)jes Wrote:  H
I also have installed 60 watts of solar on the roof of the van to help make up for the losses caused by the Hydrogen system.
Haven't had time to actually get any mileage tests yet.
Thanks
2009 nissan cube 1995 plymouth voyager
JES

i like the idea of the solar panels...how do you connect them to the charging system or battery...circuit ? o r relay ? or ? I have a van and would like to try similar setup.

Thanks
D.
09-12-2009 07:51 PM
Gary Offline

That's only five amps, but hey, it's better than nothing! I sort of wonder just how much 5 amps would be in horsepower in say, an electric motor connected to the driveshaft? It seems plausible that that would be an even better use of the free electricity.
09-14-2009 04:06 PM
howiemandel Offline

Wow, this post is still going.

Im still running the same ol' same ol' except using LED's in my dryer. This is working very well, however i am tapped out to around 28MPG with this vehical. I have tested it on my Ford truck and that too went up to around 30mpg from 18 on an average.
I have a saturn sitting here, and now that gas is going up again, im starting to work on it and that will be my new test all end all work.
I also started on H2, and believe I have the total H2 system down and perfected. NOW. it can be better. When I say perfected i mean a boatload of H....for little money. As with my H2 generator, it aint pretty. It just works.
Take care.
11-09-2009 12:59 PM
fulcrum Offline

(11-09-2009 12:59 PM)howiemandel Wrote:  Wow, this post is still going.

Im still running the same ol' same ol' except using LED's in my dryer. This is working very well, however i am tapped out to around 28MPG with this vehical. I have tested it on my Ford truck and that too went up to around 30mpg from 18 on an average.
I have a saturn sitting here, and now that gas is going up again, im starting to work on it and that will be my new test all end all work.
I also started on H2, and believe I have the total H2 system down and perfected. NOW. it can be better. When I say perfected i mean a boatload of H....for little money. As with my H2 generator, it aint pretty. It just works.
Take care.

Howie,

Awesome results, thanks for sharing and giving another update. 28mpg is sweet!

Can you post some pictures of your system, or give a web link to a site that shows pics of your system please?

I have a '02 Chrysler Town & Country, which gets 18mpg, so when I'm ready to build a system, I hope to achieve the same gains you did.

Cheers!

Fulcrum
12-28-2009 01:07 AM
Gary Offline

Several of us on other forums have built and tried H2 systems but didn't succeed in gaining FE. Thus far, it's been low amp/output HHO that has worked without electronics. I'd like to know if you get gains with that, and how you set it up, since I still have my H2 unit.
12-28-2009 01:20 AM
Llew Offline

(07-09-2008 01:59 PM)howiemandel Wrote:  Ok been a lurker here for a while and got started last week on a gen and install. Running 2 gens, both 3plates in each, pos.nuet.neg. Each gen. gets alittle over 1 liter a minute using the liter in the bucket method. SO its not scientific, but close enough. For testing purposes, i have no in line fuse, no relay, no bubbler, no nothing, just 2 gens. I know i shouldnt. but i did. Been doing this all week and last.
Anyways. I still have 1 to 2 more tests to do before making my setup, lets say, professional in design and install.
Final Testing Results:
99Grand Caravan, (pos) 3.3 liter
2 Generators, 3 plates in each. No bubbler.
MPG BEFORE. COnstant 15 miles per gallon. Thing sucks gas like crazy.
MPG AFTER. Or i should say currently as im still testing theories and the like..... 24-25MPG. Thats highway and city combo. I live in the east. Thats what? almost 69% increase. Im happy. Im always around that in the last 3 test, but gaining 1 or 2 mpgs everytime. I got 1 more idea that i believe firmly will pump it up another 2 or 3 mpgs.
Will keep updated.
Thanks, Howie.

Hi that sounds great, I have a simular set up. Three plate gangs, five of them in a 22 liter container. Had ir running at 103 amps making about 10 LPM, I use a flow meter which I made, it works well.
Had an internal short, plates were toughing at one point. So increased the gap between the plates to 4 mm. Will get more water in town tomorrow. I am using Caustic Soda as an electrolyte, tried Baking Soda but it did not work as well. What do you find workes best ??
Llew
12-29-2009 03:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cliettjd Offline

Question RE: 3.3L. Caravan. CLoser to 100% Gain. 15to27mpg
hello my name is JD i have all ways wanted to put hho on my car and get good gas. I have a Toyota Corolla that usually gets 32 to 34 MPG so i bought a dry cell and it makes a lot of hho i use lye in it too. BUT I CANT get my miles to get better i have tyred ever thing i can thank of i have try building a simple ifie with a AA batter and it puts out between 0 and 400Mv i work in electronics so I'm smart about that stuff but i cant get it to do better. i also built a map enhancer and tyred using it but i didn't have much luck. Please help

Thanks
06-02-2010 04:55 AM