Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31mpg! CITY! 100% increase!
jacks4Runner Offline

31mpg! CITY! 100% increase!
I'm quite amazed. I did a long road trip, and quite skeptical, had to pull over every 40miles or so to test results by refilling at the next gas station.

I got 30mpg's highway, and when I dialed my EFIE up to .6v, 31.5mpgs IN CITY.

I don't know what this .45v "limit" is, but it sure as hell doesn't apply to my 4Runner. Anything less than .4v on my vehicle causes me to dump gas and get a paltry 22mpg. (Only 10% increase over stock mpg.)

My final country boy test is going to be to drain the fuel tank, run the 4Runner dry, then refill it with one gallon of gas, and run it till it runs out again. Turn around, refill, run till it runs out again, and take my average.

BIG QUESTION. does anyone know where I can get a GOOD "digital MPG readout" that I can plug into my vehicle? As well as a GOOD "Digital mv reader" so I can quit guestimating around with my EFIE?

Awesome stuff guys. I'm getting 100% increase in mpg.
08-08-2008 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: 31mpg! CITY! 100% increase!
A Scangauge II will take care of the MPG part.

Some nice digital ammeters and voltmeters here: http://stores.ebay.com/Asia-Engineer

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2008 05:19 PM by colchiro.)
08-08-2008 05:18 PM
dhho Offline

colchiro Wrote:A Scangauge II will take care of the MPG part.

Some nice digital ammeters and voltmeters here: http://stores.ebay.com/Asia-Engineer

You could try a gps,
Regards,
Mos
08-08-2008 05:53 PM
CraigBMM Offline

jacks4Runner Wrote:I'm quite amazed. I did a long road trip, and quite skeptical, had to pull over every 40miles or so to test results by refilling at the next gas station.

I don't know what this .45v "limit" is, but it sure as hell doesn't apply to my 4Runner. Anything less than .4v on my vehicle causes me to dump gas and get a paltry 22mpg. (Only 10% increase over stock mpg.)

My final country boy test is going to be to drain the fuel tank, run the 4Runner dry, then refill it with one gallon of gas, and run it till it runs out again. Turn around, refill, run till it runs out again, and take my average.

BIG QUESTION. does anyone know where I can get a GOOD "digital MPG readout" that I can plug into my vehicle? As well as a GOOD "Digital mv reader" so I can quit guestimating around with my EFIE?

thats great Jack! i'm about to hook a friend up with a system and he runs a 4runner too .. and also will be going down to Cali later this month and hook my dad up a sys on his GMC v8 truck for his 75th Birthday

please tell us your setup

year 4runner
engine size
HHO gen design
amps pulling
Gen temp when warmed
electrolyte used
where your running the HHO (air cleaner , or pcv vacuum)
efie only no map or maf control ?

good news , man 100% on an suv .. way cool

Cheers Craig
08-08-2008 09:54 PM
pimpa Offline

"My final country boy test is going to be to drain the fuel tank, run the 4Runner dry, then refill it with one gallon of gas, and run it till it runs out again. Turn around, refill, run till it runs out again, and take my average."
This method may give you fals results!
The fuel pump can not always suck out all the juice from the tank! the difference can be as much as 1 liter, depending on where u drive uphill,slope,etc.
+ Once I have run out of petrol, filled up with 1 liter and the pump was able to suck ONLY air from the tank!
08-08-2008 09:56 PM
jacks4Runner Offline

year 4runner
engine size
HHO gen design
amps pulling
Gen temp when warmed
electrolyte used
where your running the HHO (air cleaner , or pcv vacuum)
efie only no map or maf control ?

Alright, technicalities. Lol.

2000 Toyota 4 Runner, 4 cyl. 2.7litres.
2 (two) SERIES cell HHO gen.
2 litres distilled H20 per container. (4Litres/1gal) total.
SS wall plates - N N ++ N N - setup.
Pulling 10 amps.
Gen Temp is 'hot' but I was still able to touch the water without burning hand.
NaOH used, approx 3grams per HHO gen
HHO hose runs after air filter. also After MAF sensor.
EFIE is finiky and trying to still pinpoint. Low 200's to low 400's.

I did my country boy test yesterday. I got 24.5mpg on one gallon. Top speed 60mph. 5 (FIVE) full stops. Hills.

Just got my ScanGauge today in the mail. More tweaking on the EFIE. It's showing high 20's low 30's at 45mph.

Attached is a pic of one of my older plate cell designs. This one I was using Baking Soda. It rusted out after 400miles.

I've been speaking with Rick who has helped me out millions, and I'm going to 'rewire' and 'reguarantee' that my wires are in place and secure. This Sunday I will do a long distance Road trip, scan gauge to back up my results. Will post then.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-14-2008 06:56 PM
colchiro Offline

pimpa Wrote:"My final country boy test is going to be to drain the fuel tank, run the 4Runner dry, then refill it with one gallon of gas, and run it till it runs out again. Turn around, refill, run till it runs out again, and take my average."

This method may give you fals results!
The fuel pump can not always suck out all the juice from the tank! the difference can be as much as 1 liter, depending on where u drive uphill,slope,etc.
+ Once I have run out of petrol, filled up with 1 liter and the pump was able to suck ONLY air from the tank!

Some people have burnt out their fuel pump from running out of gas. The gasoline is used to cool the pump. Use up all the gas and instant, fried pump.

I agree, I think your results will be more accurate to just fill at the same pump each time and fill until the nozzle shuts off twice.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
08-14-2008 07:34 PM
mattsauto Offline

jacks4Runner Wrote:I'm quite amazed. I did a long road trip, and quite skeptical, had to pull over every 40miles or so to test results by refilling at the next gas station.

I did play with Laptop software and PRO Automotive Scanners trying to get some accurate MPG results , but the ONLY accurate MPG device so far is this: http://www.mattsauto.com/i/9.png and http://www.mattsauto.com/i/8.png it will hook-up to the existing Fuel Injection System via two lines (supply and return) and it gives me the best and MOST accurate MPG readings...
08-16-2008 06:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nailer28 Offline

what year is your toyota and what kind of a setup do you have??
08-26-2008 03:22 PM
CraigBMM Offline

Nailer28 Wrote:what year is your toyota and what kind of a setup do you have??

Be sure to keep an eye on your spark plug condition
08-31-2008 01:50 PM