Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
363 miles on a tank and with 75% + better MPG!!!
S10 Hybrid Offline

Big Grin 363 miles on a tank and with 75% + better MPG!!!
602 mile test of MPG on 5/24/08

Well this time we headed for Canada and the north shore scenic area here in Minnesota. This takes
us along the beautiful lake Superior shore. It is truly Gods country...

We encountered 39 miles per hour gusts of winds, constant 30 mph winds and a lot of stop and go &
slow downs due to the holiday. We also encountered the large hills of about 3% grades to Canada.
50% was stop and go, 30 Mph speed limits in all the little towns and all very windy. I kept the pedal
to the metal at an average of 81 miles per hour where I could. No, NO tickets to the state police's
balls... We were hauling as*! Passing traffic... The trucks rear says Water-Powered Hybrid, NOT
MOPED-POWERED HYBRID! Everyone was getting blown all over the road. Not the best
conditions to say the least...

I expected without HHO gas & my EFIE that I would have gotten about 13.5 MPG under those
conditions. I would have been lucky to get 195 miles to my gas tank. Well look at the pics below!

[attachment=107][attachment=108][attachment=104][attachment=105][attachment=106]

That's right folks, Canada!!! Customs! Free trade zone! We drove 363 miles and when we filled
the tank we had at least 3 gallons left! We pumped 15.51 gallons into the truck at $3.94 for 9/10 of
a gallon. I was laughing hysterically! I made quite the scene needless to say... I kept saying, ONLY
$61 DOLLARS!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

This truck has a 18.5 gallon tank according to the factory manual. Chilton's manual says this tank will hold 20 gallons. I agree with the Chilton's repair manual as the tank can be over filled sort of speak about a gallon + or a capacity of 19.5 +!

This truck in Florida, on flat roads, on a cool night, no wind or very little has given me 232 miles to the tank and I was static to see that once. Both situations were combined city & highway driving. I still have that gas log, I pumped 13.79 gallons that night. It was all stop and go in the Florida Keys traveling down US1 through south Miami and Homestead. I am still on the same log book for this weekends entry. That's right, that's the best it has ever done in the combined MPG department with not too bad of conditions...

I will confess, I have a lead 13" inch foot...

This told us a lot... My wife and I looked at each other and said in synchronicity, that's over 430
miles to the tank and I said almost 500 mile range in better conditions and at 55 Mph... jejejeje....

We did much better on the way home. 239 miles traveled on 9 gallons of gas... I kept it to an average of 75 Mph.... Yes it made a big difference slowing down just a little & there was less traffic too.

Needless to say we are very happy with the results of our very small cash investment in the HHO generator and the EFIE we bought... Shocked

Don't taser me bro, I did not do nothing, don't taser me please bro.
bizzzzzzzzzz....... bizzzzzzzzzz....... bizzzzzzzzzz.......
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2008 08:26 AM by S10 Hybrid.)
05-28-2008 07:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Atfab Offline

RE: 363 miles and 3+ gallons left in the tank when we got to the pump ( * . * )
OK, way to go!
Would you please tell us what your current electrolite mix is and if you have done anything to your cell configuration or EFIE settings.

I'm about to abandon my cell config and head over to Ace HW.

atfab

Atfab
99 S-10 Pickup 2.2L auto, Std cab, Short bed, Alum cap
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
05-28-2008 08:54 AM
S10 Hybrid Offline

Atfab Wrote:OK, way to go!
Would you please tell us what your current electrolite mix is and if you have done anything to your cell configuration or EFIE settings.

I'm about to abandon my cell config and head over to Ace HW.

atfab

Hi Atfab, sorry it took so long for my response. Please do not be discouraged. It has been a hell of a road to overcome many things for me too.

On the 602 mile test.

Cell was running 3 table spoons of clear vinegar to a gallon of tap water. The cell was filled with 4 and 3/4 quarts of water electrolyte mix. The cell ran for over 13 hours that day. The cell used 12 oz. of water during all that time. I keep the cell under 10.5 amps. I do not run the cell under the hood due to the heat, that raises the amperage that raises the heat. I did nothing to the cell that day... Max temp was 169 degrees... Tested with an infrared temp gun and amp meter every 4 hours... EFIE set to 190 Milli volts.

Heat is the enemy. Electrolyte according to my findings should NOT BE USED in an under the hood installation of a HHO generator. This is why so many report boiling over, no water after an hour and such. As far as I can tell through extensive bench and real world testing, small mason jars installed under the hood, heat to about 200 degrees too fast and this raises your amperage that then makes more heat and the water disappears... In to the engine steam goes I may add.

At this point, I run little if any electrolyte for over the road and extended running of the cell without having to service the cell every 30 minutes... My cell ran for over 13 hours and I did nothing, not even add water.

This is why I made such a large water container with just 4 large plates. I confess that I have designed a new permanent HHO cell to over come all these problems.

Here is my design as I have drawn it.

Large SS tank; 14" long, 8" wide and 8" deep. This would use a 3/8" thick lexan cover to 6 welded stud bolt and use wing nuts to hold down to the tank. It would incorporate a high heat gasket material for a proper seal. The exterior of the cell would have copper heat sinks welded or epoxied on the 2 sides of 12". I have drawn it to have 6 - 3/8" X 6" copper tubes to extract the heat from the cell and dissipate the heat to the ambient air temp. I would use a 6 plate cell. Each cell plate being 3" wide and 6" tall to maintain a water level of 6" inside the cell. I have placed the fittings on the lexan cover with all electrical connections there too. This installation would be done by cutting the inner fender cover in the engine compartment and installed there. A screwed on black plastic/rubber cover to hide it and for easy service. Smaller unit may be required for small compacts. This is how I plan to finalize my deal after I demo it to at least 20 million people. Except I will be installing it at the rear of the truck as I have it now.

Anyone that has ever removed a quarter panel from a car, has seen all the dead space in there... Heat is a big problem for all of us and a bigger problem for those that install in the engine compartment.

I expect a lot of fall out for these statements. I was an over paid trouble shooter all my life. That was my business, to fix all the problems the largest and most reputable federal contractors in our country could not...

When I was called in, they where going to pay a lot for that muffler...

I am not sure what your rig is like. But theres the answer to most peoples problem.

I will be adding a section to my free e-book soon, to cover many and more things I have just disclosed here... This e-book is my saga and tweaks as I do them and why I did them... All my relevant findings... 55 pages as of yesterday and many more things coming soon...

Over 16,000 downloads in one month so far of my free e-book and only one as* hole blocked... I am putting 16 hours daily in to this as the world energy emergency continues to culminate in to a world disaster... Or worse...

We achieved better than 65% gains on our MPG.... Closer to 75% to be a regular Dick... Regardless on what anyone says...

I am some what of a numerologist my self...

I don't give a crap about the money or gas I saved or the time & personal cost I donate to this.

I have nothing to loose except my country, my family and my friends.

The more I know, the more I owe and that brings up the question, who do I pay my tab to before I check out...

The truth stands on it's own two legs...

eddie b. Crazy
Don't taser me bro, I did not do nothing, don't taser me please bro.
bizzzzzzzzzz....... bizzzzzzzzzz....... bizzzzzzzzzz.......
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2008 07:14 PM by S10 Hybrid.)
05-28-2008 06:48 PM
Atfab Offline

Current S-10, that sounds ambitious but you do seem to be getting good results. Your SS tank would be an active part of the cell but I’m sure you have considered that in your calculations. Will the cell be mounted vertically?

You could also silver solder the copper tubes on the tank. I silver solder brass to SS in one of my other hobbies. You just have to neutralize the flux with lots of baking soda and hot water.

From what I surmise, you are not making copious amounts of HHO at start up. This seems to be the big reason why lots of catalyst is being used by others, but overheating in time is the result. I agree with you that less is more here. We are not attempting to replace our purported gasoline entirely, yet.

My test cell hit 140 F, from a 60 deg start at 4.5 amps, in two hours on the bench, outside at a max of 71 F ambient, in the shade. I hit 17 amps at that temp and had heavy water drops in 6 feet of 0.25 ID hose. My current plate configuration is 6 SS plates, 2” X 7.75” arranged horizontally, alternating plus and minus with 0.25 spacing. One Gallon distilled water with one 1 tsp of KOH. Even at 17 amps, I am not making much gas. I too do not want to top 10 amps if I can. I’m thinking that a PWM would help with the start up production, use less or no catalyst and I could limit the amps with the unit I’m looking at.

Thank you for being so helpful and generous with your information.

Atfab

Atfab
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
05-29-2008 01:45 AM
ghahai ghato Offline

Yoohoooo....Big Grin
Good job S10...
Things are looking great as more and more of us are getting it right...
I'm sure I'll get there sooner or later...
05-29-2008 03:18 AM
S10 Hybrid Offline

Atfab Wrote:Current S-10, that sounds ambitious but you do seem to be getting good results. Your SS tank would be an active part of the cell but I’m sure you have considered that in your calculations. Will the cell be mounted vertically?

You could also silver solder the copper tubes on the tank. I silver solder brass to SS in one of my other hobbies. You just have to neutralize the flux with lots of baking soda and hot water.

From what I surmise, you are not making copious amounts of HHO at start up. This seems to be the big reason why lots of catalyst is being used by others, but overheating in time is the result. I agree with you that less is more here. We are not attempting to replace our purported gasoline entirely, yet.

My test cell hit 140 F, from a 60 deg start at 4.5 amps, in two hours on the bench, outside at a max of 71 F ambient, in the shade. I hit 17 amps at that temp and had heavy water drops in 6 feet of 0.25 ID hose. My current plate configuration is 6 SS plates, 2” X 7.75” arranged horizontally, alternating plus and minus with 0.25 spacing. One Gallon distilled water with one 1 tsp of KOH. Even at 17 amps, I am not making much gas. I too do not want to top 10 amps if I can. I’m thinking that a PWM would help with the start up production, use less or no catalyst and I could limit the amps with the unit I’m looking at.

Atfab

Keep up the great work guys... I would hate to see anyone give up.

My brother in law just bought a chevy 2008 v8 gas hog and he had an extra place to mount a second battery. For him the SS cell would mount great without cutting. I did mention the warranty issue. Then I told him if he wants to eat fish, he needed to get wet. Or pay a mechanic. I do not make these for anyone. Much less install them...

I was thinking a horizontal mount on the long end. It seems that every person that e-mails me has a installation location problem. Many want to install in the passenger area and I tell them i would not do that. Most people have small cars they want to boost. They end up with a mason jar rig that does over heat fast.

The cell I run now makes a hair under 1 liter per minute of gas at 10 amps. Ran on tap water and very little vinegar. It gets there fairly quick. About 10 minutes, thats why I used such heavy gauge wires, but it is great in the heat department. The wife drives the truck 10 minutes every day each way. The canister holds gas overnight ok and I am installing a check valve soon to hold it tight from the air cleaner back. Now she gets gas within less than 1 minute. But a rate of half a liter per minute. I know that even a small amount of gas such as that has helped the MPG even on the short runs that she does.

I was not thinking of using the SS canister as part of the system but as a simple container that will go the extra mile. Positive - negative plate setup.

I am thinking in the way of large over the road trucks. Making everything for the long run and not short trips. They use so much fuel and are getting pushed to bankruptcy by these fuel prices. Not to mention the price increases to their shipment contents due to fuel costs. I am shooting for a home use of 2 week cell service intervals in my conditions. I have seen guys that need to add water every hour or so. I would imagine that it gets old fast.

A shipping truck with two drivers can roll 24/7. Thats who I am concentrating on. What ever they use needs to be bullet proof. It needs to go the distance... Me, I am just lazy... Cell service every two weeks is doable for my lazy as*...

Either way, I want no money, just the success of many, many people getting some fuel cost relief. Some math speculators have come up with the theory that 80% of the cost accrued by everything we buy is directly related to the fuel cost to make it and ship it.

Minnesota city tap water is nice, rusty, hard, Mississippi water. Almost needs nothing like rain water. That reminds me to put a bucket out under the gutter. It's going to rain today and I would like to try rain water. At least once. Maybe I can find a spot to catch some without cutting the gutters... In some bench test with the old charger, my cell reaches 129 degrees after 12 hours with no electrolyte. Not bad...

I confess I had to guesstimate some things to come up with this DYI garage concocted cell... I am a good guesser I guess... The ultimate oxymoron...

Keep up the great work gentlemen, the goal is doable by all, at least to 30% better MPG is what I have seen consistently on the net. Some have to play more to get what they are looking for than others.

I have surpassed my expectations for sure... Smile

eddie b.
05-29-2008 08:12 AM
Atfab Offline

S-10, if you bolt the SS tank to the body, it will become another ground "plate".

HUMMMMMMMM . . . square SS bucket in garage, positve plates suspended/insulated from the 4 sides, less parts to connect, less holes in lid . . . .

Now I gota go look.
atfab

Atfab
Stock, Ave. 25.5 MPH
05-29-2008 01:40 PM
sam1976 Offline

S10 Hybrid Wrote:
Atfab Wrote:Current S-10, that sounds ambitious but you do seem to be getting good results. Your SS tank would be an active part of the cell but I’m sure you have considered that in your calculations. Will the cell be mounted vertically?

Atfab

Keep up the great work guys... I would hate to see anyone give up.

My brother in law just bought a chevy 2008 v8 gas hog and he had an extra place to mount a second battery. For him the SS cell would mount great without cutting. I did mention the warranty issue. Then I told him if he wants to eat fish, he needed to get wet. Or pay a mechanic. I do not make these for anyone. Much less install them...

I was thinking a horizontal mount on the long end. It seems that every person that e-mails me has a installation location problem. Many want to install in the passenger area and I tell them i would not do that. Most people have small cars they want to boost. They end up with a mason jar rig that does over heat fast.

The cell I run now makes a hair under 1 liter per minute of gas at 10 amps. Ran on tap water and very little vinegar. It gets there fairly quick. About 10 minutes, thats why I used such heavy gauge wires, but it is great in the heat department. The wife drives the truck 10 minutes every day each way. The canister holds gas overnight ok and I am installing a check valve soon to hold it tight from the air cleaner back. Now she gets gas within less than 1 minute. But a rate of half a liter per minute. I know that even a small amount of gas such as that has helped the MPG even on the short runs that she does.

I was not thinking of using the SS canister as part of the system but as a simple container that will go the extra mile. Positive - negative plate setup.

I am thinking in the way of large over the road trucks. Making everything for the long run and not short trips. They use so much fuel and are getting pushed to bankruptcy by these fuel prices. Not to mention the price increases to their shipment contents due to fuel costs. I am shooting for a home use of 2 week cell service intervals in my conditions. I have seen guys that need to add water every hour or so. I would imagine that it gets old fast.

A shipping truck with two drivers can roll 24/7. Thats who I am concentrating on. What ever they use needs to be bullet proof. It needs to go the distance... Me, I am just lazy... Cell service every two weeks is doable for my lazy as*...

Either way, I want no money, just the success of many, many people getting some fuel cost relief. Some math speculators have come up with the theory that 80% of the cost accrued by everything we buy is directly related to the fuel cost to make it and ship it.

Minnesota city tap water is nice, rusty, hard, Mississippi water. Almost needs nothing like rain water. That reminds me to put a bucket out under the gutter. It's going to rain today and I would like to try rain water. At least once. Maybe I can find a spot to catch some without cutting the gutters... In some bench test with the old charger, my cell reaches 129 degrees after 12 hours with no electrolyte. Not bad...

I confess I had to guesstimate some things to come up with this DYI garage concocted cell... I am a good guesser I guess... The ultimate oxymoron...

Keep up the great work gentlemen, the goal is doable by all, at least to 30% better MPG is what I have seen consistently on the net. Some have to play more to get what they are looking for than others.

I have surpassed my expectations for sure... Smile

eddie b.

S-10 Hybrid someone beat you to it check out this web site
http://www.hydrogenht.com/

this is a commercial unit for 18 wheelers. they also got a contract to install it on school buses to reduce pollution and they get the added benefits of reducing gas consumption. They are looking for dealers in the USA to sell and install their units. They are a Canadian company.

They are on the Nasdaq stock market under HYHY

Their stock has gone up 100% in the last week I am thinking of investing in it.

Tell me what you think

Also I was curious if you have found that to much HHO will reduce your gas mileage? is there an optimum amount?

thanks
05-31-2008 05:07 AM
S10 Hybrid Offline

sam1976 Wrote:S-10 Hybrid someone beat you to it check out this web site
http://www.hydrogenht.com/

this is a commercial unit for 18 wheelers. they also got a contract to install it on school buses to reduce pollution and they get the added benefits of reducing gas consumption. They are looking for dealers in the USA to sell and install their units. They are a Canadian company.

They are on the Nasdaq stock market under HYHY

Their stock has gone up 100% in the last week I am thinking of investing in it.

Tell me what you think

Also I was curious if you have found that to much HHO will reduce your gas mileage? is there an optimum amount?

thanks

Hi sam1976, well that cost money. What I do is free and will continue to be free.

The average trucker is hurting badly and needs some help in putting an HHO unit together in his off time free... Free being the operative word.

I can only imagine how ridiculous and naive it sounds, but I am not looking for any kind of recompense...

I hope this explains my true intent clearer.

Otherwise it sounds like a great investment.

Keep in mind that I am going through great personal expense and time, using every resource at my disposition, to flood the internet out & to put the info up free.

Here is my post on too much HHO.
http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=291

I hope this helps you.

eddie b. Big Grin
05-31-2008 08:57 AM
ghahai ghato Offline

S10.... my hat goes off to you...
thank you for sharing...
05-31-2008 08:53 PM