Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4 Wire O2 Sensors for 2002 F-250
Bigdog Offline

4 Wire O2 Sensors for 2002 F-250
Has anyone had any luck installing a dual EFIE unit on a 2002 F-250 with 2, four wire O2 sensors?
07-01-2008 01:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 4 Wire O2 Sensors for 2002 F-250
I'm sure they have, but your chances of catching one that happens to be monitoring this thread are pretty small.

However, what trouble are you running into? EFIE installs seem complicated when you do it the first time. But they really are quite simple. Let's get you sorted out.

I'm going to assume that you have read the EFIE Installation Instructions. I've found, occasionally, that some folks didn't know they were posted, and thought they had to figure it out themselves. That could be very complicated.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-03-2008 12:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tooler1988 Offline

mike Wrote:I'm sure they have, but your chances of catching one that happens to be monitoring this thread are pretty small.

However, what trouble are you running into? EFIE installs seem complicated when you do it the first time. But they really are quite simple. Let's get you sorted out.

I'm going to assume that you have read the EFIE Installation Instructions. I've found, occasionally, that some folks didn't know they were posted, and thought they had to figure it out themselves. That could be very complicated.

hello, Maybe you can help me out. I have a 2001 Honda Insite that I would like to hook up with a Generator. At first I thought I had a 5 wire AFS. After looking at the wireing Diagram I find it to be 4 wites. 2 fot the heater 1 + and 1- for the sensor. The manual calles it a AFS while it calls the other 2 sensors O2's. Could they just be calling an O2 sensor AFS because of how it is being used?

Thanks
Tooler
07-03-2008 12:53 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Tooler, I don't have an Insite but my '07 Ridgeline has two HO2S, two A/F Sensors, two ECT Sensors, one MAP, and one IAT. I'm betting you have an A/F Sensor (if not two) and two HO2S (Heated O2 Sensors). My understanding is that you don't need to do anything with the two HO2S...just the MAP (or MAF if that's what you have), the ECTs (or CTS if that's what you have), and the IAT. It's also possible that we may need to modify the A/F sensors but I'm doing the MAP first, then the ECTs, then the IAT, and, lastly the A/F sensors if necessary. If anyone disagrees, please reply. Hope this helps a little and happy 4th! John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
07-03-2008 01:07 PM
tooler1988 Offline

skiers4ever Wrote:Tooler, I don't have an Insite but my '07 Ridgeline has two HO2S, two A/F Sensors, two ECT Sensors, one MAP, and one IAT. I'm betting you have an A/F Sensor (if not two) and two HO2S (Heated O2 Sensors). My understanding is that you don't need to do anything with the two HO2S...just the MAP (or MAF if that's what you have), the ECTs (or CTS if that's what you have), and the IAT. It's also possible that we may need to modify the A/F sensors but I'm doing the MAP first, then the ECTs, then the IAT, and, lastly the A/F sensors if necessary. If anyone disagrees, please reply. Hope this helps a little and happy 4th! John

Just a little confused now that I see what they call the AFS has only 4 wires. Of which 2 go to the heating circut and 1+,1- for the sensor. This might be just an O2 sensor they afe calling O2. Voltage they are looking for is .5 v. another test in troubleshooting calls for ao output of (I think) 2.3 to 2.6 something like that. I would have to open the manual again to be sure.

Thanks
Tooler
07-03-2008 01:16 PM
skiers4ever Offline

Hi Tooler, Our sensors may be totally different then because my A/F Sensors have 5 wires. My HO2S has 4 wires. Good luck! John

2007 Honda Ridgeline 3.5L 4WD
Hydro Super 2 installed on 5/21/08
Colorado - 10,000 Feet!
07-03-2008 04:19 PM
mike Offline

tooler1988 Wrote:Just a little confused now that I see what they call the AFS has only 4 wires. Of which 2 go to the heating circut and 1+,1- for the sensor. This might be just an O2 sensor they afe calling O2. Voltage they are looking for is .5 v. another test in troubleshooting calls for ao output of (I think) 2.3 to 2.6 something like that. I would have to open the manual again to be sure.

AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) sensors, are a form of wideband sensor that uses 4 wires. There are also 5-wire wideband sensors. 4-wire AFR sensors are definitely incompatible with an EFIE.

However, what skiers said is correct. There is handling for you. Please see Tuning For Mileage. In there do the MAP handling (or MAF depending on which you have), and then do the CTS and the IAT. These are all quite simple to do, and will get you a long way toward your mileage goals. Note that the abbreviations are defined in the reference.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
07-04-2008 04:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tooler1988 Offline

mike Wrote:
tooler1988 Wrote:Just a little confused now that I see what they call the AFS has only 4 wires. Of which 2 go to the heating circut and 1+,1- for the sensor. This might be just an O2 sensor they afe calling O2. Voltage they are looking for is .5 v. another test in troubleshooting calls for ao output of (I think) 2.3 to 2.6 something like that. I would have to open the manual again to be sure.

AFR (Air Fuel Ratio) sensors, are a form of wideband sensor that uses 4 wires. There are also 5-wire wideband sensors. 4-wire AFR sensors are definitely incompatible with an EFIE.

However, what skiers said is correct. There is handling for you. Please see Tuning For Mileage. In there do the MAP handling (or MAF depending on which you have), and then do the CTS and the IAT. These are all quite simple to do, and will get you a long way toward your mileage goals. Note that the abbreviations are defined in the reference.

Thank you, I will follow what you say

thanks
Tooler
07-04-2008 04:51 PM