Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4 wire o2 sensor cannot find in Haynes
owen1969 Offline

4 wire o2 sensor cannot find in Haynes
I have a Haynes book for my neon and I was getting ready to install Efie but there seems to be one problem here, I cannot find the diagram(wiring) in the book, There are alot others in there but cannot find O2 sensor in wiring diagrams, Found it in car , It was exactly were it said it was by the book and it has 4 wires , 2-whites, 1-black 1-grey, Looked in Book to see which wire was which and I cannot find it in diagrams. I looked for 1 hr, unless Im blind I don't think it's there. Any idea's? Anyone know which diagram it suppose to be in?
07-04-2008 07:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
colchiro Offline

RE: 4 wire o2 sensor cannot find in Haynes
John, check out the EFIE documents in my links. With a voltmeter you should be able to use a pin and poke each wire and check the voltage to ground (with sensor plugged in and engine running). I'm guessing, but I'd say the 2 whites could be the heaters so I'd check the gray wire first, followed by the black one. (Both my heaters are black and the other two wires are blue and white.)

You should have +12 and ground on each of two wires... those are the heaters and we're not interested in them.

The wire that gives you a constantly changing voltage between 0 and 1 volt will be the one you use for an EFIE. I suspect the last wire is also a ground. If it's not, you have a problem and better confirm the rest of the wires.

Rick

Links: Documents / Tuning for Mileage | Toyota Sensors | Autoshop Sensor Tutorials
07-04-2008 08:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply