Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
40 plate system from Russia I need help on this
dross Offline

40 plate system from Russia I need help on this
I am in Bulgaria and am working on some systems here, however I just picked up a system that was made in Russia about 5 years ago, it has 40 plates on it, each plate has a rubber gasket and some small holes, and then is mounted to the next plate and so on, the water is confined with in the plates, the pos is on one end and the neg is on the other end, I believe this was used for welding, I want to convert it to use in a 18 wheeler, the size of the unit is about 15"x 12"x 12", I'm hoping someone can help me, if I can get this to work then I want to duplicate it. also is there anyone that has another system for a large truck (like an 18 wheeler) Thanks

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 07-30-2008 04:49 AM by dross.)
07-29-2008 10:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stevekos7 Offline

RE: 40 plate system from Russia I need help on this
dross Wrote:I am in Bulgaria and am working on some systems here, however I just picked up a system that was made in Russia about 5 years ago, it has 40 plates on it, each plate has a rubber gasket and some small holes, and then is mounted to the next plate and so on, the water is confined with in the plates, the pos is on one end and the neg is on the other end, I believe this was used for welding, I want to convert it to use in a 18 wheeler, the size of the unit is about 15"x 12"x 12", I'm hoping someone can help me, if I can get this to work then I want to duplicate it. also is there anyone that has another system for a large truck (like an 18 wheeler) Thanks

You need to get some specifics in place first. What voltage and amperage ouput can you utilize with the cell. Is it 12v, 24v etc.? Then, what 'spare' amperage can you tap from your alternator? That will give you a start. Then, you will need to set up a bench test with the unit in a container that you can play with to work out what the output is before you can go much further.

40 plates seems like it's a cell that uses mains current. You may have to drop some plates out when adapting it to a truck.

We're here to help as best as we can as you go.

Good luck.
07-30-2008 03:55 PM
ptours99 Offline

go to files section look up 7cell by bobboyce,you'll need 2[7cell] boosters they are a series type construction for a semi as he said in yahoo hydroxy forum.

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
07-30-2008 04:23 PM
dross Offline

stevekos7 Wrote:
dross Wrote:I am in Bulgaria and am working on some systems here, however I just picked up a system that was made in Russia about 5 years ago, it has 40 plates on it, each plate has a rubber gasket and some small holes, and then is mounted to the next plate and so on, the water is confined with in the plates, the pos is on one end and the neg is on the other end, I believe this was used for welding, I want to convert it to use in a 18 wheeler, the size of the unit is about 15"x 12"x 12", I'm hoping someone can help me, if I can get this to work then I want to duplicate it. also is there anyone that has another system for a large truck (like an 18 wheeler) Thanks

You need to get some specifics in place first. What voltage and amperage ouput can you utilize with the cell. Is it 12v, 24v etc.? Then, what 'spare' amperage can you tap from your alternator? That will give you a start. Then, you will need to set up a bench test with the unit in a container that you can play with to work out what the output is before you can go much further.

40 plates seems like it's a cell that uses mains current. You may have to drop some plates out when adapting it to a truck.

Good luck.

I appreciate your info, the truck is a 24 volt system, I am not sure what kind of amps I need, as far as a container, the water is already inside the plates, what you see is the finished unit, I can take some plates off, do you think if I made every 5th plate a - and then + it would work better?
07-30-2008 10:43 PM
dross Offline

ptours99 Wrote:go to files section look up 7cell by bobboyce,you'll need 2[7cell] boosters they are a series type construction for a semi as he said in yahoo hydroxy forum.
I went to files section but could not find that information, is there somewhere else it could be? Thanks!
07-30-2008 11:55 PM
stevekos7 Offline

dross Wrote:
stevekos7 Wrote:

Good luck.

I appreciate your info, the truck is a 24 volt system, I am not sure what kind of amps I need, as far as a container, the water is already inside the plates, what you see is the finished unit, I can take some plates off, do you think if I made every 5th plate a - and then + it would work better?

I don't know what voltage you can fully utilise with big plates like that. Usually a 7 or 8 plate cell (6 or 7 spaces) will allow 2v across each spacing depending on voltage of 12 or 14 volts. With a 24 volt system I would assume that 12-14 spaces would utilize the 24 volts. I would cut it down to a 26 plate unit with a + and - at each end. Try this first and see what amperage is needed to get a good production.

I think you will need to play around with electrolyte concentration to see what results you get at what amperage with this setup.
07-31-2008 04:57 AM
CraigBMM Offline

stevekos7 Wrote:
dross Wrote:
stevekos7 Wrote:

Good luck.

I don't know what voltage you can fully utilise with big plates like that. Usually a 7 or 8 plate cell (6 or 7 spaces) will allow 2v across each spacing depending on voltage of 12 or 14 volts. With a 24 volt system I would assume that 12-14 spaces would utilize the 24 volts. I would cut it down to a 26 plate unit with a + and - at each end. Try this first and see what amperage is needed to get a good production.

I think you will need to play around with electrolyte concentration to see what results you get at what amperage with this setup.

you could build 2 41 plate cell boxes like this one and run them in series , running them in series would mean attaching a Positive to gen #1 , then a jumper wire from gen #1 to the next gen #2 , then a Neg wire to the last post on gen #2 out to ground . if done this way each gen would use 12v each from your 24 v system .. would make some serious HHO. and yes you need to know available amps you can use.

ref : http://www.fuel-saver.org/showthread.php?tid=1214
the guy i got this design from says it can produce 3-5 LPM on 17 amps
so times that by 2 ? , i'm not sure if it would use double the amps 34 amps total?
you could always bring the amperage down by using less electrolyte depending on your setup

or use your existing plate design to go +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn- and so on . something like that . you need to seal 3 sides of the plates tho so current doesnt flow around them but flows through them.

i'm curious as to how you would control fuel/air(and HHO mix) ratio on diesel semi trucks. adjustment on the diesel injector pump to lean out diesel?

good luck

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2008 01:44 AM by CraigBMM.)
07-31-2008 11:59 PM
ptours99 Offline

dross Wrote:
ptours99 Wrote:go to files section look up 7cell by bobboyce,you'll need 2[7cell] boosters they are a series type construction for a semi as he said in yahoo hydroxy forum.
I went to files section but could not find that information, is there somewhere else it could be? Thanks!

dross, i'm sorry about that.i've been working 14 hrs a day for the last few years and i left out this, go to http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Hydroxy/

selling an enclosure for the rear of cab semi truck 28''X20''X6'' CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM TO HOUSE HHO GENERATORS AND INCLUDING A RESERVOIR BUBBLER AND REGULAR BUBBLR ptoures@sbcglobal.net usa only
08-01-2008 06:52 PM
ptours99 Offline

CraigBMM Wrote:
stevekos7 Wrote:
dross Wrote:
stevekos7 Wrote:

Good luck.

you could build 2 41 plate cell boxes like this one and run them in series , running them in series would mean attaching a Positive to gen #1 , then a jumper wire from gen #1 to the next gen #2 , then a Neg wire to the last post on gen #2 out to ground . if done this way each gen would use 12v each from your 24 v system .. would make some serious HHO. and yes you need to know available amps you can use.

so times that by 2 ? , i'm not sure if it would use double the amps 34 amps total?
you could always bring the amperage down by using less electrolyte depending on your setup

or use your existing plate design to go +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn- and so on . something like that . you need to seal 3 sides of the plates tho so current doesnt flow around them but flows through them.

i'm curious as to how you would control fuel/air(and HHO mix) ratio on diesel semi trucks. adjustment on the diesel injector pump to lean out diesel?

good luck

what type of sealer is the best to use for the 3 sides some type of silicone or epoxy?

08-01-2008 06:57 PM
dross Offline

ptours99 Wrote:
CraigBMM Wrote:
stevekos7 Wrote:
dross Wrote:
stevekos7 Wrote:

Good luck.

good luck

what type of sealer is the best to use for the 3 sides some type of silicone or epoxy?

Again thanks for the info, however when you say seal three sides I don't know if you can see in the pics but the water is already contained w/in the plates, this system does not sit in water, it is almot the oppisite of most systems, where as most systems are sumbersed in water but with this unit the water is inside of it, I did play around with it and when I put the pos about 5 plates from the neg I was getting about 1.5 LPM off the 5 plates, so now I need to figure out how to use all the plates or I can reduce the unit to as many plates as I like. another question is what % of electrilite should be used if using soda costic?
08-01-2008 08:35 PM