Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5 wire MAF
Pat Offline

5 wire MAF
I have 2-5 wire 02 sensors. I also have a 5 wire MAF sensor at the air filter on my 2005 Nissan Frontier. I believe the EFIE won't work on the 02 sensor, but is there something I can do to the MAF? I have extended both the 02 sensors to no effect. I have injected the HHO gas at the air filter, before the MAF. Should I inject it past the MAF to just before the throttle body? Pat
05-27-2008 11:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HerronPerformance Offline

RE: 5 wire MAF
5 wire O2s are Wideband O2s and should not be altered (in my opinion) if they are running WB sensors then they are really monitoring the oxygen level and have the computer set up to run pretty lean at cruise, but when you add the HHO set up then you will have to alter the MAF or MAP...

http://www.herronperformance.com
05-27-2008 04:54 PM
Pat Offline

I am planning on fiddling with the MAF, just not sure of which wire to fiddle with.
05-27-2008 07:06 PM
jetmec Offline

Pat Wrote:I am planning on fiddling with the MAF, just not sure of which wire to fiddle with.

To find the correct wire you should probe the back of the MAF connector and find the wire with voltage that follows the thottle (more thottle movement, more voltage) should be between 1 and 5 volts DC. I hope this helps Jetmec

Kevin M. Carlson
Jet Mechanic at Large
05-27-2008 07:14 PM
Pat Offline

So once I find this wire, what should I do to it? Should I use a resistor? If so, should it go to ground or in series?
05-27-2008 07:43 PM
jetmec Offline

Pat Wrote:So once I find this wire, what should I do to it? Should I use a resistor? If so, should it go to ground or in series?

I would build a MAF enhancer it consist of 50 or 100K ohm pot. (Variable resistor) and a 33K fixed resistor. just might be easier to search the web for plans.You want to increase your resistance in the MAF circuit so the computer thinks it is moving more airflow and decreases fuel output making a leaner mixture. hope this helps Jetmec

Kevin M. Carlson
Jet Mechanic at Large
05-27-2008 08:09 PM
Pat Offline

Would the pot go between the signal wire and ground? I have a 25ohm pot.
05-27-2008 08:15 PM
jetmec Offline

Pat Wrote:Would the pot go between the signal wire and ground? I have a 25ohm pot.

The pot would go in series with the signal wire. one leg of the pot goes thought the fixed resistor to ground

Kevin M. Carlson
Jet Mechanic at Large
05-27-2008 08:37 PM
steelerfan89 Offline

Is there a definitive guide to adjusting the MAF somewhere on the site? This is good info and everyone will need it. Perhaps we can even attach enhancer plans
07-04-2008 05:22 AM