Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
50 sec. Startup delay
Quebecker Offline

50 sec. Startup delay
Hi Mike,

My HHO reactor is configured to be activated by a level-switch connected to the accelerator (throttle). So every time I press the gas pedal, my reactor produces HHO gas that I send into the intake. When I don't press the accelerator (brake, idle or deceleration), the relay is open and therefore, my equipments are not powered.

I use your Dual Wideband EFIE with 50 seconds startup delay and I have a logical problem with this delay.

If I cut the electrical power to EFIE every time I release the accelerator, it takes about 30 seconds before interacting again with the sensors.

In contrast, if I leave it constantly powerred, it interacts with the sensors even when I don't send HHO gas to the intake.

Is there a way to eliminate this startup-delay or bypass him ?

Thanks in advance

-----------
Remi

"Excuse my poor english, Google is my friend"
09-06-2011 10:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 50 sec. Startup delay
You don't actually need an EFIE with the set up you have described. When you are accelerating, the computer doesn't use the oxygen sensor data. It sees that the gas pedal has been depressed, meaning the user has asked for more fuel, and it gives it to him. It only uses o2 data for idle and cruising. So you really don't need an EFIE with that setup.

However, that will not give you good mileage improvement. It will help, but you are still leaving behind the improvement you could be getting during cruise, and even at idle.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
09-07-2011 11:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Quebecker Offline

Hi Mike,

I send HHO gas during cruise because during cruise the accelerator is pressed
The only time I don't send HHO is during idle or braking

-----------
Remi

09-07-2011 04:19 PM
mike Offline

Ok, I get it. That makes more sense. Note, that during braking, you aren't wasting HHO. The amp draw of the generator, will give a slight additional braking. The only "waste" is at idle. In some cases this will be recouped and in some cases it won't. It'll depend on the computer's program. Some of them have a set minimum injector pulse width for idle that they won't go below. Others will only take what they need based on the feedback they get from the o2 sensors. For those engines, you're better off running the generator during idle too.

But getting back to your original question: There's no way an unmodified EFIE can have it's delay short circuited. However, we can make one for you. It's a simple mod on the board to get rid of any delay. We wouldn't charge extra for it, but there would likely be a lead time - probably about a week.

Visit Our Documents Page
09-08-2011 09:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Quebecker Offline

(09-08-2011 09:52 AM)mike Wrote:  Ok, I get it. That makes more sense. Note, that during braking, you aren't wasting HHO. The amp draw of the generator, will give a slight additional braking. The only "waste" is at idle. In some cases this will be recouped and in some cases it won't. It'll depend on the computer's program. Some of them have a set minimum injector pulse width for idle that they won't go below. Others will only take what they need based on the feedback they get from the o2 sensors. For those engines, you're better off running the generator during idle too.

But getting back to your original question: There's no way an unmodified EFIE can have it's delay short circuited. However, we can make one for you. It's a simple mod on the board to get rid of any delay. We wouldn't charge extra for it, but there would likely be a lead time - probably about a week.

Hi,

Send you back my EFIE and wait for it would take too long. I live in eastern Canada. Probably 2-3 week....

There any way to know how the computer program reacts to idle with my car ? I could maybe see some data since I have a ScanGaugeII ? Does the car may have a strange behavior ?

Thanks

-----------
Remi

09-08-2011 11:27 AM
mike Offline

2 things:

First: I can't modify the one you have. The circuit board has been encased in epoxy. I was telling you that I can modify a new circuit board if you really needed an EFIE with no delay. I wouldn't recommend that unless you had another car for your current EFIE or something.

Second: To see if your car will still control the air/fuel ratio at idle, crank up your EFIE and see if you can lug the engine down. If you can, then the EFIE is reducing fuel consumption at idle.

People have gotten over 100% gains with HHO and an EFIE running 100% of the time. Maybe a small fraction of improvement can be gotten by not running the generator when idling. But I'm skeptical that this will be a viable way to improve mileage.

Visit Our Documents Page
09-08-2011 01:15 PM
Quebecker Offline

(09-08-2011 01:15 PM)mike Wrote:  2 things:

First: I can't modify the one you have. The circuit board has been encased in epoxy. I was telling you that I can modify a new circuit board if you really needed an EFIE with no delay. I wouldn't recommend that unless you had another car for your current EFIE or something.

Second: To see if your car will still control the air/fuel ratio at idle, crank up your EFIE and see if you can lug the engine down. If you can, then the EFIE is reducing fuel consumption at idle.

People have gotten over 100% gains with HHO and an EFIE running 100% of the time. Maybe a small fraction of improvement can be gotten by not running the generator when idling. But I'm skeptical that this will be a viable way to improve mileage.

Hi,

I'm lucky man ...
I crank up my EFIE at maximum (5 o'clock or 1.47 mA) and no effect on the engine. It remains to 700-750 RPM and no shortage

I have a question about A/F Sensor (Wideband). The documentation indicates that the A/F sensor sends a current flow ranting from 0 to 30 mA.

negative current flow if too rich mixture
positive current flow if too lean mixture

When the engine is at idle (my car: Honda Civic EX 1.7 V-TEC), the current flow is

87.4 mA with EFIE "on"
87.8 mA with EFIE "off"

My EFIE is set to 9 o'clock (.27 mA)

Is it normal that I read appro. 87.x mA while the documentation refers to 30 mA ?

Thanks in advance
Remi

-----------
Remi

09-08-2011 04:36 PM