Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
Gary Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
I'm assuming you have a small four-banger since you didn't need an EFIE.
I'm curious as to the use of alcohol in the mix. It would seem to me that the alcohol would quickly vaporize off in the heated soup with bubbles exiting continuously - ESPECIALLY since you're allowing outside air to vent thru the unit.
One way to test it might be to calculate the usage of water in the unit by time intervals. If it drops faster at first, you can be sure that's the alcohol disappearing. (time intervals involving full warmup cycle for the unit to be fair.) If the drop is steady, then something is keeping the alcohol from evaporating off the top.
Just thinking out loud.
07-08-2008 04:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
Update (posted here and at beginning of thread):
Installed a 16 oz. Generator on my mother's 1995 Saturn, 4 cyl, manual trans.
Installed to the PCV location only. No o2 sensor adjustment "yet."

Road test on total mountain miles: 48.7 mpg (probably more on interstate).

Installing a second generator to air intake line soon.

-----------------------------------------------

Update on my Father's 2000 Ford Explorer, 6 cyl, auto trans:
Installed 32 oz. generator to PCV.
Results: not so hot. 15 mpg. Has noticeable more HP though.

Adjustments to be made: going to install the EFIE I bought from Mike to the o2 sensor at the CC. Have reason to believe that for once, the o2 sensors will be an issue here.

----------------------------------

Notes:
As Craig pointed out here, yes - there is more HHO production with the vacuum adjustment valve opened more. I found that out during my long road trip back in May.
Two things occur:
1. More oxygen is entered into the mix and raises the octane of the gasoline.
2. The turbulance caused by the outside air bursting through the water causes more water to pass by the electrodes in the gen. This exposes more water/sec to the electrodes and thus increases HHO production.
07-08-2008 11:36 AM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

That's great to hear your results so far, keep it up! But again, what are the mixtures of electrolyte you are using? I just got the SS plates for my ABS gen. today, so I'm working on finding a way to bend the metal right now then I'll be done.

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-08-2008 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

This occasional suggestion of entering air into the mix seems to me to have merit as suggested: it just occurred to me that it may also have some cooling effect, albeit minor. Perhaps the water4gas people had a few things right as well as wrong.
07-08-2008 02:39 PM
GreenEarthHelpPlace Offline

Gary Wrote:This occasional suggestion of entering air into the mix seems to me to have merit as suggested: it just occurred to me that it may also have some cooling effect, albeit minor. Perhaps the water4gas people had a few things right as well as wrong.

What would be the wrong things?
07-08-2008 03:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gary Offline

How about the short life of the wires and all the failed units? That's enough for me. My partner had one; never again.
Truth is, that's all I know about 'em, but that put me off of any wire considerations but one: no one ever answered my query about using several hundred feet of wire instead of a couple feet.
07-08-2008 06:51 PM
RDKamikaze Offline
Because Saving Gas Matters

Along the route of the wire situation for the water4gas devices, I cannot agree more. I've seen too many bad effects that people have had with their devices, and that's why I used bolts instead of wires. I'm excited to see my new generator work, though, because it will be on sch40 PVC and have metal plates for the anodes.

But again, I still have no idea what solution to use lol!

My Car:
2006 Toyota Solara 2.4L 4cyl.
-Aftermarket (JPP) header
-DNX exhaust
-Injen Short-Ram Intake (SRI)

Add yourself to the HHO member map!!
07-08-2008 06:55 PM
h2ofire Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP
Your results are indeed incredible! Maybe it has something to do with the fact you are not using a bubbler jar so you are feeding hot HHO and water vapor. Using a bubbler jar will cool down the HHO gas and reduce the amount of water vapor. Installing the bubbler jar in a hot area and using a fish tank bubbler stone inside the jar (to reduce the size of bubbles) may help.

I tested on my 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 cargo van (diesel) and only got 15% fuel saving. The best fuel economy for city driving is only 21.6 MPG (10.9 L/100KM).

I am running the commercial SL50 oxy hydrogen generator which operates at 6A, less than what they recommend (between 10 and 20A). Maybe I should crank up the current by adding more KOH - I have never tried adding the rubbing alcohol.

I did try the home-built water4gas cell once but the wire electrode corroded within two weeks as it was not a 316L SS wire. Next I am going to construct a new generator using 9 stainless steel wall plates adopting the (- N N N + N N N -) configuration that most people suggest.

Aubrey at
AutoFuelSaving.com
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2008 06:54 AM by h2ofire.)
07-09-2008 02:56 AM
wildweasel Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP
Just a note or thought for anyone wanting to try the wire generators, I saw a video somewhere of a guy that used a "slinky" toy to build one.might be worth a try. I haven't checked a slinky to see if it actually is stainless.
07-09-2008 03:18 AM
Gary Offline

h2ofire Wrote:Your results are indeed incredible! I tested on my 2006 Dodge Sprinter 2500 cargo van (diesel) and only got 15% fuel saving. The best fuel economy for city driving is only 21.6 MPG (10.9 L/100KM).

I am running the commercial SL50 oxy hydrogen generator which operates at 6A, less than what they recommend (between 10 and 20A). Maybe I should crank up the current by adding more KOH - I have never tried adding the rubbing alcohol.

I did try the home-built water4gas cell once but the wire electrode corroded within two weeks as it was not a 316L SS wire. Next I am going to construct a new generator using 9 stainless steel wall plates adopting the (- N N N + N N N -) configuration that most people suggest.

If you're gonna build, then build a sealed series cell and save your time and money. If you're determined to build a smack type, then take a magnet with you to the store. Not all wall plates are alike. Home Depot here had the good ones, Lowe's plates were totally ferrous. My electrician got me some Leviton plates that were the same, so we sent them back.
07-09-2008 03:26 AM