Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
Gary Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
For the same reason Edison did. He failed over 1000 times in the development of the lightbulb it is said. But I'll guarantee you some of them were working before he quit experimenting. He just went for perfection; a great hallmark amongst engineers and experimenters. All of us trying everything will save YOU from making mistakes or wasting time. It's a good thing.
Most of you guys will quit as soon as you see some form of results. And I think laziness is why so many have bench generators not in their cars. I've taken my battery case unit apart to improve it. I don't want a POS in my trunk that I have to worry about. I'll also be experimenting with plate distances to maximise output. I have a new seal idea for the top. Before I get those done, I'll probably have a couple more ideas or get some from you guys. This time next year I should be thumbing my nose at gas stations for most of the week.
I still have a bit of a problem believing any claims over 70mpg, but that's me, today, at present knowledge.
...and a brit using mpg for reference? What's up with that? Live here?
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2008 03:47 AM by Gary.)
07-11-2008 03:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
mattsauto Wrote:can you run some additional tests please:

1 - with the line sucking air only (nothing else)

2 - with Sodium Hydroxide and water only (nothing else)

3 - with pure 100% Alcohol only and NO power to the plates
(the jar will be very cold)

4 - with 50/50 mix Alcohol and water and NO power to the plates
(the jar will be cold)

5 - with pure Gasoline in the jar and no plates (just like a bubler)
(the jar will be cold)

My guess is:

1 - 2-3% gain

2 - 10-12% gain or LESS

3 - 25-30% gain or MORE

4 - 15-20% gain or MORE

5 - 15-20% gain or MORE

lol. Not trying to be mean or anything but in reply to your questions:
1. Will you compensate me for the mileage I lose by this test?
2. I've already done that.
3. Will you pay for the alcohol and mileage lost?
4. See number 1.
5. Will you pay me for the gasoline and mileage likely to be lost?

Otherwise.. I'm already getting great results, and I have no logical reason to throw money away. My main ambition here is actually very selfish - to save my hard earned money. Smile I'm not doing this for science, I'm not doing this for fame. I'm just tired of putting my money in the oil industries pockets.
Anything I post here of my results and process is to help others in case they try to duplicate my results.. nothing else.
07-11-2008 03:42 PM
tooler1988 Offline

Gary Wrote:For the same reason Edison did. He failed over 1000 times in the development of the lightbulb it is said. But I'll guarantee you some of them were working before he quit experimenting. He just went for perfection; a great hallmark amongst engineers and experimenters. All of us trying everything will save YOU from making mistakes or wasting time. It's a good thing.
Most of you guys will quit as soon as you see some form of results. And I think laziness is why so many have bench generators not in their cars. I've taken my battery case unit apart to improve it. I don't want a POS in my trunk that I have to worry about. I'll also be experimenting with plate distances to maximise output. I have a new seal idea for the top. Before I get those done, I'll probably have a couple more ideas or get some from you guys. This time next year I should be thumbing my nose at gas stations for most of the week.
I still have a bit of a problem believing any claims over 70mpg, but that's me, today, at present knowledge.

Hi Gary,
07-11-2008 04:32 PM
tooler1988 Offline

Gary Wrote:For the same reason Edison did. He failed over 1000 times in the development of the lightbulb it is said. But I'll guarantee you some of them were working before he quit experimenting. He just went for perfection; a great hallmark amongst engineers and experimenters. All of us trying everything will save YOU from making mistakes or wasting time. It's a good thing.

Hi Gary,
I have a honda Insite that is getting me 61.4 MPG over 199,000 miles. I am building actually 3 different generators at the same time to see which will work the best. My goal is hopefully to sqeeze out 100 mpg with this car. I know that is really a large goal, But I think it is possible. I do like your battery box idea.

Tooler
07-11-2008 04:35 PM
mattsauto Offline

wulfram Wrote:
mattsauto Wrote:can you run some additional tests please:

1 - with the line sucking air only (nothing else)

2 - with Sodium Hydroxide and water only (nothing else)

3 - with pure 100% Alcohol only and NO power to the plates
(the jar will be very cold)

4 - with 50/50 mix Alcohol and water and NO power to the plates
(the jar will be cold)

5 - with pure Gasoline in the jar and no plates (just like a bubler)
(the jar will be cold)

My guess is:

1 - 2-3% gain

2 - 10-12% gain or LESS

3 - 25-30% gain or MORE

4 - 15-20% gain or MORE

5 - 15-20% gain or MORE

lol. Not trying to be mean or anything but in reply to your questions:
1. Will you compensate me for the mileage I lose by this test?
2. I've already done that.
3. Will you pay for the alcohol and mileage lost?
4. See number 1.
5. Will you pay me for the gasoline and mileage likely to be lost?

Otherwise.. I'm already getting great results, and I have no logical reason to throw money away. My main ambition here is actually very selfish - to save my hard earned money. Smile I'm not doing this for science, I'm not doing this for fame. I'm just tired of putting my money in the oil industries pockets.
Anything I post here of my results and process is to help others in case they try to duplicate my results.. nothing else.

I have already done the tests and I know the results,
can't you see it for yourself - you ARE submitting FALSE results...
well known facts about "cold vapor systems" and "methanol charging"
are out there on the web... I have enough money earned already doing
things the RIGHT honest way and don't like giving it to you for bull crap results...
07-11-2008 05:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

mattsauto Wrote:I have already done the tests and I know the results,
things the RIGHT honest way and don't like giving it to you for bull crap results...

Hey Mike, call Terminex.. there seems to be a recent infestation taking on your boards here.

mattsauto (assuming your a salesman?), you're not giving me your earned money or anything else but your grief for that matter.
Unlike you, I'm not selling anything here. As for your theory on cold vapor systems.. The gen runs around 120 degrees and the HHO gas coming from it is even warmer as it goes through the copper tubing.
I only put enough rubbing alcohol in it to keep it from foaming up from the NaOH.. so shove off chuckles. Smile
I have no reason to prove anything to you or anyone else. As long as I keep getting MPG in the mid 70's - 80's range; I'll be content for a long while. Big Grin It'll take alot more than your very very minor opinion to bring me off my cloud. (like stealing my car or something) (which due your recent post, I wouldn't put past you)
(so Mike, if you could delete my IP from this boards logs incase this roach hacks) Cool
07-11-2008 06:17 PM
steelerfan89 Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP
wulfram Wrote:
mattsauto Wrote:I have already done the tests and I know the results,

Hey Mike, call Terminex.. there seems to be a recent infestation taking on your boards here.

mattsauto (assuming your a salesman?), you're not giving me your earned money or anything else but your grief for that matter.
Unlike you, I'm not selling anything here. As for your theory on cold vapor systems.. The gen runs around 120 degrees and the HHO gas coming from it is even warmer as it goes through the copper tubing.
I only put enough rubbing alcohol in it to keep it from foaming up from the NaOH.. so shove off chuckles. Smile
I have no reason to prove anything to you or anyone else. As long as I keep getting MPG in the mid 70's - 80's range; I'll be content for a long while. Big Grin It'll take alot more than your very very minor opinion to bring me off my cloud. (like stealing my car or something) (which due your recent post, I wouldn't put past you)
(so Mike, if you could delete my IP from this boards logs incase this roach hacks) Cool

wulf

Can you do me a favor and check your plugs on the vehicle you have been driving the longest with the HHO. Take a pic or two for us. See if they are tan/brown or pure white. In this case darker would be better then ashen white. Im concerned with possibly destroying the piston. Im told it can get hot enough inside the cylinder to do that without making the engine temp gauge go high because of the larger amounts of moisture we are sending in with HHO
07-11-2008 06:40 PM
Gary Offline

the larger amounts of moisture that cool the engine? That was my impression, but good idea to see some plugs.
07-11-2008 07:09 PM
sax88player Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP
Hey, Wulfram? or who ever else could answer this question. that mixture that you have at the begging of this thred, is that per gallon? and what kind of alcohol is that? I'm trying to come up with a good long lasting solution for my gen. in my 96 toyota tercel. THANKS!

~Cory
07-11-2008 10:33 PM
wulfram Offline
Hauptmann Hydro

Steelerfan, will see what I can do about that. Won't have much time to mess with it for a week or so (building a house in between my work shifts). It sounds like a good idea to check up on though.

Sax88player, the mixture is per 32 oz. container and I use a little 90% isopr. rubbing alcohol.
07-12-2008 03:02 PM