Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
princeoli Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
(11-21-2012 01:21 PM)hhofox Wrote:  Seems like the ECU is starting to have its way with you after changing that sensor. The faulty one gave better results it seems.
Oh, also, it is HCS -Hydrocarbon Cracking System, that I had mentioned. Simply put, it does what HHO does, but without sensor mods, etc. You can check the link below and read from about page 80 for the quick info.

http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hydroca...ing-System

I have heard about that but not brave enough to try it. Heard results of 211 mpg. I have been doing alot of reading as far as my ecu reprogramming the car. I picked up a dual map/maf enhancer to control the air fuel flow ratio manually. I am also going to disconnect the o2 sensor to run in open loop then it has nothing to do with fuel. There are only 2 more items that control air fuel ratio and that is the Iat sensor and the coolant sensor. You can relocate the iat to a warmer spot to economize fuel. I should see some higher mpg after I install the map/maf controller and stop the extra fuel adjustments my ecu made.
11-23-2012 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
princeoli Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 MPG update) Compilation Thread **NEW VIDEO OF MY SETUP**
(11-23-2012 10:01 AM)princeoli Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 01:21 PM)hhofox Wrote:  Seems like the ECU is starting to have its way with you after changing that sensor. The faulty one gave better results it seems.
Oh, also, it is HCS -Hydrocarbon Cracking System, that I had mentioned. Simply put, it does what HHO does, but without sensor mods, etc. You can check the link below and read from about page 80 for the quick info.

I have heard about that but not brave enough to try it. Heard results of 211 mpg. I have been doing alot of reading as far as my ecu reprogramming the car. I picked up a dual map/maf enhancer to control the air fuel flow ratio manually. I am also going to disconnect the o2 sensor to run in open loop then it has nothing to do with fuel. There are only 2 more items that control air fuel ratio and that is the Iat sensor and the coolant sensor. You can relocate the iat to a warmer spot to economize fuel. I should see some higher mpg after I install the map/maf controller and stop the extra fuel adjustments my ecu made.

Dual edge map/maf enhancer does not work on my 2002 sl2 Saturn Losing mpg. Not a total loss I guess since running the water 4 gas unplugged still gains me a few miles per gallon 34 mpg local driving previously 27 to 30. We give up at this point running the HHO in this car.
11-29-2012 08:33 AM
rpatzer Offline

(11-29-2012 08:33 AM)princeoli Wrote:  
(11-23-2012 10:01 AM)princeoli Wrote:  

Dual edge map/maf enhancer does not work on my 2002 sl2 Saturn Losing mpg. Not a total loss I guess since running the water 4 gas unplugged still gains me a few miles per gallon 34 mpg local driving previously 27 to 30. We give up at this point running the HHO in this car.

lI am not sure who is saying what with all these multiple posts, but you need the O2 sensor hooked up to function properly. It goes into open loop when you first start because the car is cold and with open loop it feeds a "rich mixture" until the O2 sensor heats up and then goes into closed loop and then the correct mix is signaled to the ECU.

Also, you might get a mileage gain by messing with the various sensors and artificially "leaning" out the mix, but when you lean beyond the set parameters, then you also start to pollute more. The stock setting is a compromise between polluting and mileage.
11-29-2012 10:50 AM