Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
57 MPG and increasing! (89 mpg update)
Hobs Offline

RE: 57 MPG and increasing! (89 mpg update)
(04-10-2009 02:31 PM)wulfram Wrote:  Well, it's been a few months .. and I'm still around. Smile

Winter killed my mileage - as the o2 sensor finally started reacting with colder temps and drastically raised my idle rpm's to 2000. I usually save alot of gas while drifting in neutral (through towns, downhills, ...hypermiling where I can) .. but not this season!

I took a road trip last week, 1080 miles total in two days. Ambient temp settled around 150 degrees and my mileage averaged 54 mpg.

Here is a new video of my updated setup. It shows the gauge pod I added to keep an eye on the under-hood condition of the generator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9VtjhfJzk

Cheers.

Hello,

Did you start using a EFIE? If not there is a new one on the market that looks intresting.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/klondikedarol/m.html

He has two models. A simple one and one for more advanced users. I haven't used either but plan too when I get my system installed. I have e-mailed him several times and he is very nice. Answered several questions without me even buying anything.

Hobs
02-04-2011 10:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
highlander1s Offline

Does anyone know what wulfram's plate configuration is or where a mentioned drawing is..I was wanting to try this type of generator..thanks
03-27-2011 06:41 AM
Mariondale25 Offline

The wires are designed to take the heat and the wires don't touch the heated part of the 02 sensor. A filament goes in the the exhaust stream to check the heat just like light bulb does not melt the wires in a house.

triple pane windows
06-15-2011 09:22 PM
tinman2020 Offline

colchiro, nice design do you have plans for that gen or can you explain how you have made it plate size ,con, outout ,spacing,and amp draw really like that design never thought about making a dry cell out of pvc
03-17-2013 05:32 PM