Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7.3 ltr diesel and 02 neon
owen1969 Offline

7.3 ltr diesel and 02 neon
Hi , I am a real newbie to this , The only thing I have done so far is made 3 good cells, 2 inline with 1 extra for neon, The dual is for the 01 ford f-350 diesel(7.3ltr),I read as much as possible but I have many questions, I read on one site guy was selling units he said they dont work on 7.3 ltr diesels , On another site I read ingineer and other fuy made one for diesel worked good 30% savings. My question is anyone have luck with 7.3 diesels? and do I need an efie for this truck? Also do I need efie for neon? This efie/map censor is a bit confusing but I need to learn about them so any responce would be appreciated , especially from Mike(moderator) and others , Thanks and good testing , John(owen1969)

Also anyone ever tried 721 stainless? I found a 2 by 5 foot sheet in my garage , going to cut some up to experiment, My other 3 cells are all 316L 20gage, also anyone wanting to buy stainless in USA here is a good fast place , a little dear but not to bad, http://www.speedymetals.com
06-09-2008 04:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mike Offline

RE: 7.3 ltr diesel and 02 neon
Diesels don't need an EFIE. They don't maintain fixed AFRs (Air Fuel Ratio). You should just add your HHO and you'll be good to go. The guy that says it doesn't work probably had a crappy gen that didn't put out enough gas for the engine or did something boneheaded so there was no gas gotten into the intake. I don't know. But HHO works on diesels just fine.

[Image: signature.gif]
Visit Our Documents Page
06-09-2008 10:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
owen1969 Offline

Thanks Mike , Knew you would respond , You sell the efie's for the neon? I have a 02 neon thats currently getting 28 mpg(cdn)23.5US, should do a little better after tune-up, Anyhow any info that you can give me on neon (what it needs) in the line of map sensor and or efie Please let me know , Thanks John

mike Wrote:Diesels don't need an EFIE. They don't maintain fixed AFRs (Air Fuel Ratio). You should just add your HHO and you'll be good to go. The guy that says it doesn't work probably had a crappy gen that didn't put out enough gas for the engine or did something boneheaded so there was no gas gotten into the intake. I don't know. But HHO works on diesels just fine.
06-10-2008 03:24 PM
mike Offline

You'll need any of the Single EFIE versions. I recommend the Deluxe as it's easiest to set and maintain.

Visit Our Documents Page
06-11-2008 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
owen1969 Offline

Sounds awesome mike , where do I get one for the neon? If you recommend the deluxe and it's easier to set and mantain than thats what Im all about "EASY":O)
06-11-2008 12:57 PM
owen1969 Offline

I finally seen were to get these efie's now , Strange that I have read many posts but never seen the "visit our store link" , Thanks
06-11-2008 01:44 PM
mike Offline

You're welcome. Smile

Visit Our Documents Page
06-13-2008 06:25 PM