Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
7.3 powerstroke
timruger1 Offline

7.3 powerstroke
Ok I am about ready o tear this off my truck and throw it in the trash.

I have been playing with this setup for almost 2 years with NO results

Tried from 10 amps to 35 amps and currently around 15 amps NOTHING

I just installed a MAP sensor and leanded out the truck with a multimeter to right before the Ck Engine light comes on

Still NO CHANGE AT ALL

Is anyone else running a HHO on their powerstroke?

Is this whole thing a complet waste of time and money or is someone actually getting results?

Please let me know
thank you
09-10-2012 08:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hhofox Offline

RE: 7.3 powerstroke
Hey Tim, I am sorry to hear about your problems with HHO. I can relate to an extent. I found that I got the most out of the setup when I used it on the PCV to Air Intake Manifold connection , along with limiting production to 1/4 my engine size. Eg. If you have a 2L engine, you'd wanna be producing about 500ML per minute. You'd need about 1.8LPM for your 7.3L engine. Measure output, then take note of the amps so as to know the power usage range you need to keep your cell in.
Also, I put a 'Tee' on the line between my reservoir and my reactor, with an air check valve to allow the engine to suck air through my setup. It keeps things cool, and increases efficiency. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

The reactor should not be overworked in order to produce this gas.
The lower amp draw on your alternator allows space for better mileage.
The engine will not be overwhelmed with too much HHO. (Less is more, at times; remember?)

BTW... You ARE running a dry cell right?
I forgot to mention that you can also try HCS! Just google Hydrocarbon Cracking System + Forum.
Why? It's easy, cheap, safer than HHO, and gives results! That's why. I picked up about 7mpg from HCS alone. More is added with HHO. What's to lose?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 12:45 PM by hhofox.)
09-10-2012 12:42 PM
timruger1 Offline

(09-10-2012 12:42 PM)hhofox Wrote:  Hey Tim, I am sorry to hear about your problems with HHO. I can relate to an extent. I found that I got the most out of the setup when I used it on the PCV to Air Intake Manifold connection , along with limiting production to 1/4 my engine size. Eg. If you have a 2L engine, you'd wanna be producing about 500ML per minute. You'd need about 1.8LPM for your 7.3L engine. Measure output, then take note of the amps so as to know the power usage range you need to keep your cell in.
Also, I put a 'Tee' on the line between my reservoir and my reactor, with an air check valve to allow the engine to suck air through my setup. It keeps things cool, and increases efficiency. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

The reactor should not be overworked in order to produce this gas.
The lower amp draw on your alternator allows space for better mileage.
The engine will not be overwhelmed with too much HHO. (Less is more, at times; remember?)

BTW... You ARE running a dry cell right?
I forgot to mention that you can also try HCS! Just google Hydrocarbon Cracking System + Forum.
Why? It's easy, cheap, safer than HHO, and gives results! That's why. I picked up about 7mpg from HCS alone. More is added with HHO. What's to lose?

Some of that went over my head

I am using a system from the mileage shop intake is past the air cleaner before the turbo. If i put a T in there it would be unfiltered air could be hazardous to my turbo

I did the pop bottle test and was procducing plenty so i dont think thats the issue
09-11-2012 08:14 AM
hhofox Offline

Ok... let's keep it simple then.
DO the pop-bottle test again. This time, make sure that your system produces a little over 1.8 LPM.
If it produces too much, or too little, it cuts your results.
When you get the production to 1.8LPM, record the number of AMPS needed to do so. Use this number to judge how much is being made at any given time that you check the amp in the future.
There should be a hose which goes from the bottom of the bottle that stores your mixture of water and KOH or NaOH, or whatever you use.
That line sends the mixture to your generator.
Cut that hose in two, then get a plastic T which fits the hose to re-join it.
The extra connection that is left will be used to let air into the generator. However, you must put a one-way-valve (air check valve) on that connection so that air can come in, but nothing can go back out of it.
Now, you should be able to see results from your HHO setup -unless to have a heavy foot.

3. If you want to do something like HHO, but easier, quicker, and cheaper, go to the link below and start reading from the post with the pics of the motorbike.
http://www.fuel-saver.org/Thread-Hydroca...em?page=51
09-11-2012 11:02 AM
timruger1 Offline

Any idea where I might find that air check valve? I see it allows air in but for what purpose?

I checked your other post and didnt see any bike pics
09-13-2012 09:29 AM
hhofox Offline

THe bike pics are in Edostar's post. THe air check valves can be found online, at fish/pet stores, and at automotive stores as well.
09-13-2012 01:42 PM